• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at his post history, he shat on indie games coming to consoles.

I mean, i kinda get what he's saying: if indie games are your thing then consoles aren't the best means of consuming them. But brah you can't go ripping the console indie scene like that, some folks aint got options.

Yeah he kinda went full....I mean yeah, what he's saying makes sense, but really some people just like Playing indies on their console with a controller. Like me.

Zaph

They announced Monster Strike for 3DS a few days ago, as well. I fully support these 3DS ports of mobile games that have some neat mechanics but are bogged down by F2P elements. Hoping it comes over.
Oh man Monster Strike is fun but the F2P stuff in it is just ugh. It would be quite cool if that game comes over as well.

Yup. Really interested to see what Monster Strike looks like with all the f2p stuff ripped out. Can't wait

Yup. Really interested to see what Monster Strike looks like with all the f2p stuff ripped out. Can't wait

Yeah, I might have to buy a DS...again.

And Monster Strike, despite the f2p stuff, is pretty fair. They give out their currency practically every damn day @_@

Ok, got around to watching the P&D QL. It's a great one, love to hear Dan & Jeff so excited.

Just one clarification since someone asked about this in the OT: The Mario half is not a tutorial for P&D Z. The two games are self-contained (they were sold separately in Japan!) and fully featured. Mario Bros. Edition is even more challenging than P&D Z due to the difficulty curve being much steeper!

They announced Monster Strike for 3DS a few days ago, as well. I fully support these 3DS ports of mobile games that have some neat mechanics but are bogged down by F2P elements. Hoping it comes over.

Whoa, really? I've been playing MS recently and I like everything about it except the constant F2P events popping up (and the monster designs, but eh). Anyway, P&Z's popularity continues to baffle me. I feel like the action element of using piece movement to knock other pieces around detracts from any strategic elements because it just degenerates into random scribbling. The Mario demo did not change my mind. I'm probably just shitty at it, though.

daydream

Banned
Whoa, really? I've been playing MS recently and I like everything about it except the constant F2P events popping up (and the monster designs, but eh). Anyway, P&Z's popularity continues to baffle me. I feel like the action element of using piece movement to knock other pieces around detracts from any strategic elements because it just degenerates into random scribbling. The Mario demo did not change my mind. I'm probably just shitty at it, though.

I can see why one would get that idea but the only random thing are the pieces that fall from above. Other than that, every new board is basically a puzzle in and of itself. Take this board, for example:

0tJESh2.png

You can clear all the pieces in one turn. The better you get at the game, the faster you will recognise patterns. Here's the solution: http://i.imgur.com/h4c51Zr.png

That's cool, hopefully it gets localised because that and Puzzle & Dragons both seem like great games to pick up and play for a few minutes here and there.

Myggen

Brad is gonna play Destiny for the next year isn't he?

At what point should we call for an intervention

I mean, he probably hasn't played it for 3-4 months. Like most Destiny players he's diving back in for the expansion, we'll see how long it lasts.

I'm gonna let Brad play what he wants.

edit: Not a Hero looks pretty cool!

I always forget that Stranger's Wrath exists but man, it's such a cool, unique game. There's still nothing quite like it. And the mid-game twist is super neat too, especially how it changes the gameplay.

Xater

I always forget that Stranger's Wrath exists but man, it's such a cool, unique game. There's still nothing quite like it. And the mid-game twist is super neat too, especially how it changes the gameplay.

The game was great. Even back then I was angry about how bad it did.

Zaph

He ain't gonna have any time for DOTA if he signs up for Marvel's intense filming and press schedule.

A little gem and a genuine surprise too. In fact, I can't think of anything moderately recent that pulled off such a big gameplay twist that also improved the game. Halo 2 accomplished the former but failed miserably on the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom