• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Dan Ryckert - if you're browsing I have a very, very serious question for you:

Why do you eat peanut butter sandwiches? Why not peanut butter AND jelly? Is jelly another mayo / sour cream thing for you?

Jelly is fine and all. I've maybe had like 15 PB&J sandwiches in my life, and about 4,000,000 plain (but SUPER CHUNKY) PB sandwiches. It's just an added step and thing I have to buy that doesn't add that much to the overall product.

PB and honey is better. PB and banana is also a very good thing.

Jelly is fine and all. I've maybe had like 15 PB&J sandwiches in my life, and about 4,000,000 plain (but SUPER CHUNKY) PB sandwiches. It's just an added step and thing I have to buy that doesn't add that much to the overall product.

Chunky is so good that if I have to have smooth PB, I'll seek out regular peanuts to crush and add to the sandwich for that wonderful crunch.

Thanks to the earlier egg discussion in this thread I've recently been doing a lot of over easy eggs on toast. Throw some mayo and smoked paprika on the toast, a little salt and pepper on the egg, oh yes. I'm usually not a big egg guy but I can't deny that's a fine lunch.

Dan, there is something that I used to do all the time as a kid but have never tried as an adult and am too scared to in case it ruins my childhood memories. I want you to re-try this for me because you seem like the kind of guy who would.

Banana slices dipped in ketchup.

Risette

A Good Citizen
This looks really fun and surprisingly well made. I liked what I played of the mobile version earlier this year, but I was already playing Monster Strike at the time (and still am), and don't think I could handle two games with gacha mechanics at once. 3DS version looks perfect for me with the removal of the gacha stuff. Glad they did a QL for it; pretty much sold me on the game.

daydream

Banned
I know I'm not a simpleton but I have no idea what's happening in the puzzle dragon Mario ql. This must be what watching anime feels like.

What don't you understand? You drag an orb at which a point a counter starts ticking down, and while you drag the orb around, you switch positions with orbs you pass by. You set up combos, your monsters have different elements and depending on the colour of the orbs you match, the corresponding monsters get to attack.

Very simple concept but tough to master.

What don't you understand? You drag an orb at which a point a counter starts ticking down, and while you drag the orb around, you switch positions with orbs you pass by. You set up combos, your monsters have different elements and depending on the colour of the orbs you match, the corresponding monsters get to attack.

Very simple concept but tough to master.

Basically, you swing around balls to knock around other balls and then when you have enough matching balls the game board bursts in an explosion of color.

Fox318

I'm pretty sure he posted that suggestion as a goof.

If you want some classic QLs, look to this list.

Another specific suggestion is the Ride to Hell: Retribution QL.

Its still worth watching. Plus its fucking bizarre watching somebody rip apart a game you love and have no idea how to comprehend their view.

Its like you asked somebody what their favorite food is and they said a 1987 Ford Mustang.

I also bought Ride to hell because of the quick look.

I guess I'm overthinking it. It seems a lot more complex than that. I suppose I might pick it up one day since I like it on a conceptual level.

Maybe if I ever finish this Xenoblade 3d game. Fucking thing is super anime and super lonnnnnggggg

Holy crap! Tomorrow's schedule looks awesome! That sealed the deal of either ordering pizza tonight or tomorrow afternoon and just watch some Giant Bomb stuff

Fellas, I have $20 in Amazon credit that expires in two days. It only applies to physical purchases so I'm looking for a good 3DS or PS4 game that's $20 or less. Anyone got any suggestions? Otherwise I might end up blowing it on the new MZD book.

For reference, the 3DS games I own are: Persona Q, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Mario Golf, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Fellas, I have $20 in Amazon credit that expires in two days. It only applies to physical purchases so I'm looking for a good 3DS or PS4 game that's $20 or less. Anyone got any suggestions? Otherwise I might end up blowing it on the new MZD book.

For reference, the 3DS games I own are: Persona Q, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, Mario Golf, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing.
style savvy trendsetters for 3ds is $19 on amazon

Myggen

style savvy trendsetters for 3ds is $19 on amazon

image.php

Jintor

I guess I'm overthinking it. It seems a lot more complex than that. I suppose I might pick it up one day since I like it on a conceptual level.

Maybe if I ever finish this Xenoblade 3d game. Fucking thing is super anime and super lonnnnnggggg

i took 100 hours. good lucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

i took 100 hours. good lucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk
You must've been doing a ton of side stuff. I'm pretty much going from a->b and only grinding if the boss fights are a little too above my level. No way I spend that much time in the game, I ain't got time like that anymore.

daydream

Banned

Kingom Hearts 3D or Shinobi 3DS.

Are DS games eligible because the list would be through the roof if so.

shwimpy

A bunch of Taco Bell + a whole day's worth of GB livestreams sounds like an awesome way to spend a Friday morning/afternoon.

Jintor

You must've been doing a ton of side stuff. I'm pretty much going from a->b and only grinding if the boss fights are a little too above my level. No way I spend that much time in the game, I ain't got time like that anymore.

yeah second last year of uni so I was just grinding quests and listening to podcasts swealtering in the aussie summer. good times

you could probably mainline it in 40,50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
or whatever the actual title is if you like Final Fantasy music

The original Theatrhythm is $20 and that's good enough unless you want to download Nier songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom