• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tornado part of today's Vinnyvania was amazing.

The part where Vinny
killed Dracula
just as Alex started to read the strategy from the guide was also great. I need to go back and check, but I think they both had sort of a "oh, it's already over." look on their faces. Such an underwhelming set of boss battles, by the series' standards. And Vinny beat these bosses with the tougher method, as the easier method is to
just spam the Golden Knife he got from Grimmy, along with the whip. That Golden Knife is easily one of the most broken weapons in the series, as its range is the entire screen, it does as much damage as the Fire Whip, it hits bosses multiple times and stuns them, and it only costs 3 hearts per throw.

danm999

Man with the GBE stuff coming thick and fast pretty I'm spending pretty much my Saturday catching up. Alex and Vinny also seem to be looking at some real neat games recently, that Rogue Galaxy looked great.

TraBuch

Banned
Man with the GBE stuff coming thick and fast pretty I'm spending pretty much my Saturday catching up. Alex and Vinny also seem to be looking at some real neat games recently, that Rogue Galaxy looked great.
Rogue Galaxy is indeed a great game. One of the more overlooked JRPGs on the PS2. Actually liked it more than the Dark Cloud games, could never get into those for some reason.

Rebel :p

Also nice to see people finally coming to the right side (i think Vinny moving out there was the best thing to happen even if Alex showed some potential during his run with Patrick)

Rogue Galaxy is indeed a great game. One of the more overlooked JRPGs on the PS2. Actually liked it more than the Dark Cloud games, could never get into those for some reason.

i think i own that Rouge Galaxy but never played it :/

edit: i guess not

Kirlia

Banned

Rogue Galaxy is not a bad JRPG, although
the ending sucks!

BanGy.nz

Banned
Hello weekend thread.

Watching GBeast play The Witcher 3 has made the wait till release significantly harder. Jeff is right that we need more Hip Hop in video games. Brad's hair looks rad as fuck. Pope is a cool dude who's job sounds like hell on earth.

2750067-dan.jpg

2750093-gerst.png
All of these are realllll dumb.

Also glad Witcher 3 looks alright on consoles, cause that's where I preloaded. W2 looked and ran pretty well on 3600 too.

Xater

All of these are realllll dumb.

Also glad Witcher 3 looks alright on consoles, cause that's where I preloaded. W2 looked and ran pretty well on 3600 too.

Yep, I remember being pretty impressed with the Witcher 2 port back then. This game looks alright on PS4 as well.

My copy isn't here yet. Come on hurry up mail man!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ive been in a bit of a media blackout on Witcher, not relaly because I care about spoilers but because ive been into other stuff, and ive had Witcher pre-ordred for months, so everytime a new trailer popped up I was like "meh I know ill play it, ill see it when it comes out"

that being said, I cant resist this playdate video :(

Prods

Neo Member
I get a black screen with the four white bars. This:

vtmBhlU.jpg

That's on Chrome. On Firefox I don't get the white bars, just the black screen.

edit: I should specify that the video works on Firefox on my windows PC. That's how I'm watching it currently. It does not work on neither Firefox nor Chrome on my MacBook. It also does not work on Chrome on my PC.

Bit late, but I also had this issue a few weeks ago. Managed to pinpoint it as being related to an update to an extension I used, HTTPS Everywhere. I disabled it for Giantbomb and was able to watch again with no issues.

Hope that helps!

jaina

Bit late, but I also had this issue a few weeks ago. Managed to pinpoint it as being related to an update to an extension I used, HTTPS Everywhere. I disabled it for Giantbomb and was able to watch again with no issues.

Hope that helps!

Now that you say that, I had problems with another site (or was it GB?) last week as well. Because HTTPS Everywhere redirected to a https version that didn't work properly. The only downside of the addon, you need to remember that it might cause occasional isssues.

Myggen

But what about the wimmins, Jimmy? Did it emasculate you seeing feeeeeemales being important in that movie?

MRAs are the dumbest shitheads on the planet. What a silly controversy started by someone who had just watched the trailer.

I'm seeing the movie tonight, can't wait.

Also, watching the Stretchmo QL I think this might be the first 'mo (what do you even call this series?) game I don't buy. I need a break from these games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does it have a level creator and sharer? If it does I really don't see how the F2P aspect work seeing that the levels themselves aren't really the complicated things to design.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah alright. That makes much more sense, as I can see someone being entirely satisfied by just community levels alone.

Fireblend

Banned
I believe you have to buy all the packs to get the level creator.
It unlocks if you buy at least one pack, but since each pack has its own gimmicks (like the enemies) those won't be available to you unless you buy the pack that has them.

I'm really enjoying it, but then again I loved the other two games.

Nishastra

Banned
Ah alright. That makes much more sense, as I can see someone being entirely satisfied by just community levels alone.
From my experience, 90% of community levels are just pixel art that plays like garbage.

Making a level that is actually challenging to complete without just being random trash is easier said than done.

I made a joke on Tumblr about MRAs like two months ago and I still get mean messages from people with usernames like "moderndayphilosopher" and "feminismisahatemovement" pretty regularly.

It's almost like they don't have anything else to campaign against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom