• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not obsidian so it can suck a diiiiiiick

it'll be alright I guess

Hearing them bring up the idea of Fallout New Reno on the podcast a few weeks ago just made the Obsidian absence hurt more.

Man, the new Danswers is intense. Covers a lot of shit. Funny, serious, emotional, covers all the bases. Honestly up there with one of the best podcasts to come out of the site ever.

Yeah it's real good. Dan walked through the "just don't give up ever and you'll be as lucky as me!" minefield pretty well this time around.

justjim89

Can't wait to see how they've fucked up Hitman this time around

They said all the right things when they last talked about it, all but apologizing to Hitman fans for Absolution.

Absolution wasn't a good Hitman game, but it was a great Splinter Cell.

Hearing them bring up the idea of Fallout New Reno on the podcast a few weeks ago just made the Obsidian absence hurt more.

Not sure of the logistics of that deal, but is there any chance of a "Fallout 4.5" from them at some point ala New Vegas?

I'm just excited to hear anything new on the Fallout front really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not sure of the logistics of that deal, but is there any chance of a "Fallout 4.5" from them at some point ala New Vegas?

Obsidian basically outed Bethesda lieing about the PS3 version of New Vegas or some shit. And then there was the Metacritic deal. It all ended poorly, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Just... I really doubt it.

danm999

Close to zero I imagine, I can't see Obsidian wanting to work with Besthesda again.

And since Stick of Truth and Pillars of Eternity they sorta don't need to.

Jintor

To be fair it's only been one game since the pinnacle of the series, Blood Money, and Go is pretty great for what it is.

But they said everything right before Absolution, too, and that game was Not Great. That game design was Not Great.

Obsidian basically outed Bethesda lieing about the PS3 version of New Vegas or some shit. And then there was the Metacritic deal. It all ended poorly, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Just... I really doubt it.

Close to zero I imagine, I can't see Obsidian wanting to work with Besthesda again.

And since Stick of Truth and Pillars of Eternity they sorta don't need to.

Damn. So it's Fallout 4 or bust then. I seem to like setting myself up for disappointment, though.

But they said everything right before Absolution, too, and that game was Not Great. That game design was Not Great.

What? No they didn't. From the first previews they kept talking about how they wanted to make the games more accessible and introduce more action in it. The very first demo I remember was a shitty non-Hitmany stealth sequence of avoiding people and stealth killing them instead of hiding in plain sight in someone else's clothes.

I just don't think the Hitman I love is the type of game that fits in modern AAA development where the aim is to please as many people as possible. I'd rather have a smaller scale, focused game.

If they say "all hitman games will be like hitman go from now on" I'd be perfectly happy with it.

They pretty much did though.

For all intents and purposes, New Vegas was the true sequel to the original games. I don't know why people consistently forget how Besthesda shat on the lore of the series with 3. They will probably do it again.

Jintor

What? No they didn't. From the first previews they kept talking about how they wanted to make the games more accessible and introduce more action in it. The very first demo I remember was a shitty non-Hitmany stealth sequence of avoiding people and stealth killing them instead of hiding in plain sight in someone else's clothes.

I just don't think the Hitman I love is the type of game that fits in modern AAA development where the aim is to please as many people as possible. I'd rather have a smaller scale, focused game.

I don't really remember specifics, I just remember liking what I saw. I think it was probably the Chinatown demo, that was the first time I'd really seen a huge crowd and it seemed way better than Mardi Gras.

But then you play the actual level and it's so fucking restricted. It's stupid. Their sandboxes were so tiny, they traded away everything for the graphical fidelity and their dumb bullshit disguise system that didn't work.

Fox318

I feel like a lot of cool stuff has happened in wrestling lately, but we haven't had a Powerbombcast in forever. They've got a lot to cover... plus World War 3. :p
Alex said on the vinnyvania stream that they are kinda taking a break and Jeff seems to not want to watch any of it.

I can't blame him.

Quentyn

But the Sleeping Dogs sequel was already announced.

:(

I just realized that Vinny will probably play that game for a Quick Look sometime this year. That will probably one of the most depressing videos in the history of Giant Bomb. He really loved that first game :/

Man, Danswers is a great listen but also depressing as fuck.
I don't really remember specifics, I just remember liking what I saw. I think it was probably the Chinatown demo, that was the first time I'd really seen a huge crowd and it seemed way better than Mardi Gras.

But then you play the actual level and it's so fucking restricted. It's stupid. Their sandboxes were so tiny, they traded away everything for the graphical fidelity and their dumb bullshit disguise system that didn't work.

Yeah the Chinatown demo looked somewhat promising, and the crowds were impressive. But as you say, even that was just smoke and mirrors.

Jintor

Sure the disguises idea of Blood Money was really gamey and binary but it worked a hell of a lot better than "it's actually easier to headshot every guard than to try and bother to disguise myself ever"

Myggen

Jeff has been throwing some truth bombs on Tumblr:

First question and answer:

Anonymous asked: I thinks its super problematic for the male fighters to hit women in MKX. Please agree with me and boycott the game in the future.

Shut up.

I’m surprised MKX didn’t rile up the same dipshits that are complaining about Mad Max, seeing as how they’ve essentially made Cassie Cage the new lead protagonist with Sonya and Jacqui not far behind. That story’s got girl power for reals.

And then:

The year’s best-selling game so far has independent women in primary, powerful roles. And it features a gay character dealing with some members of his faction not supporting his lifestyle. And it features a ton of gruesome murder and hell demons with spears and ice men and bug ladies and all other types of ill shit. That Mortal Kombat X has a lot going on.

Myggen

By making women too "sacred" to hit in a fighting game is a far more sexist notion honestly.

Obviously a MRA troll asking that question, and not someone who genuinely believes that (you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who genuinely believes that). It reads like an obvious bait.

danm999

Playing the Witcher now and my horse's head didn't clip through the wall like Vinny's :(

Obviously a MRA troll asking that question, and not someone who genuinely believes that (you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who genuinely believes that). It reads like an obvious bait.

I'm sure there are a lot of MRA idiots going on about bio truths at the moment in a game where people shoot ice from their hands.

Jothel

Wanna buy a new controller for my PC, my 7 year old xbox 360 controller is starting to wear a bit. I can get a Xbox One controller for cheaper than a PS4 one, how is it? Should I just get another 360 controller or should I upgrade?

Vic Tokai

Neo Member
Honestly, the One controller is a downgrade from the 360 controller. Less comfortable shape, awkwardly placed bumper buttons, looser thumbsticks. Nice dpad though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Take the one you like the most, they all work well by now. I don't think there's a way to use the One controller wirelessly yet, though.

MKX is the best selling game this year?

That's why it's only something a cool internet dude trying to making fun of feminists would say.

Not sure about worldwide but I believe it out sold battlefield hardline in the US In its opening month Which was >1 million in America alone.

Patryn

But what about the Reigning King of RPGs, Elder Scrolls?

They'll probably do some quick mentions of Elder Scrolls Online on consoles, but we won't hear anything about the next proper ES game until Fallout 4 is out and done with.

MKX is the best selling game this year?

Pretty much the only big games that have come this year are Hardline, Bloodborne and MKX.

And Hardline is dealing with the Battlefield 4 fallout while Bloodborne is only on a single platform.

Not that surprising to me that MKX outsold it.

Jothel

Honestly, the One controller is a downgrade from the 360 controller. Less comfortable shape, awkwardly placed bumper buttons, looser thumbsticks. Nice dpad though.
Ah right, hmm.
Take the one you like the most, they all work well by now. I don't think there's a way to use the One controller wirelessly yet, though.
I've not actually touched a next gen controller yet so I have no basis for anything really. May just stay with a 360 then

got my dualshock 4 hooked up to my pc.

also i predict the witcher 3 to be rdr part 2 where everyone but jeff likes it

I'm completely uninterested in it, but I'm in a weird place where I'm just alternating playing Virtue's Last Reward and playing Broforce over and over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom