• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

there's two thing about the wii u pro, it's AMAZINGLY light and it has ridiculous battery charge off a single full battery.

the thing is i have a 360 dongle for my PC so I just use that though

Huh, I never thought about using one of those. Do they just connect via bluetooth? How are the triggers and sticks? I've never touched one.

You can get one working with Bluetooth if you're lucky (I think it needs a specific Bluetooth stack installed). More here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975197

I use the Mayflash adapter which is easier to set up: http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W009.html

The controller itself is great but the triggers aren't analog, so it's not ideal/usable for racing games and such.

repeater

there's two thing about the wii u pro, it's AMAZINGLY light and it has ridiculous battery charge off a single full battery.

the thing is i have a 360 dongle for my PC so I just use that though
The Wii U Pro Controller works with the 360 PC dongle?

Jintor

The Wii U Pro Controller works with the 360 PC dongle?

Sorry, I meant i just use my 360 controller because it has native support and you generally don't have to fiddle around with anything except plugging and playing (and keeping your batteries recharged)

repeater

Sorry, I meant i just use my 360 controller because it has native support and you generally don't have to fiddle around with anything except plugging and playing (and keeping your batteries recharged)
Ah, damn, got my hopes up there for a moment! :)

It feels like Broforce has been in early access for years, hopefully the full release is sometime this year.

it has, but to their credit they are constantly adding things. it's turning into a pretty big game. they recently just added 12-15 stages or so, which also introduce a bunch of new enemy types (aliens!) that mix things up. they're doing a really good job with it.

I'm not great at speedrunning it, but even going as fast as I can it can take me up to about 45 minutes. mostly depending on how dickish some bosses are being. super fun game.

Huh, I never thought about using one of those. Do they just connect via bluetooth? How are the triggers and sticks? I've never touched one.

Mayflash adapter, as already said. It's just plug and play.

Everything is tight and feels great. The triggers fit that nice balance between pressable but not mushy, and have a nice click to them when depressed all the way. The sticks feel pretty good too.

Using a WiiU controller is so weird to me because i'm used to the Xbox buttons being in different places than how nintendo lays them out. I feel like i would spend so much time trying to figure out why X is doing Y stuff all of the time.

This is a problem, but thankfully most games let you button remap to the positions you're comfortable with.

Using a WiiU controller is so weird to me because i'm used to the Xbox buttons being in different places than how nintendo lays them out. I feel like i would spend so much time trying to figure out why X is doing Y stuff all of the time.

Quenk

That vinegar talk during the Lifeless Planet QL was gross. It reminded me of a thread where Subway workers were discussing the most disgusting sandwiches people ordered.

With the right analog stick being placed where it is, I can actually adapt to the Wii U layout pretty quickly. My thumb still rests on A & X when not doing anything just like with a 360 pad.

def sim

I like a controller with some weight. I used to always put two VMUs in my Dreamcast controller just so it wouldn't feel so light and flimsy.

Wanna buy a new controller for my PC, my 7 year old xbox 360 controller is starting to wear a bit. I can get a Xbox One controller for cheaper than a PS4 one, how is it? Should I just get another 360 controller or should I upgrade?

Either of the new controllers are fine and easy to use. You can probably get a feel for them in store if you want to give them a go first.

it has, but to their credit they are constantly adding things. it's turning into a pretty big game. they recently just added 12-15 stages or so, which also introduce a bunch of new enemy types (aliens!) that mix things up. they're doing a really good job with it.

I'm not great at speedrunning it, but even going as fast as I can it can take me up to about 45 minutes. mostly depending on how dickish some bosses are being. super fun game.

I looked at the steam page recently and it seemed like they've done a lot with it during it's time in early access and the alien stuff looked neat, I'm definitely going to pick it up on the full release.

in retrospect though, Lifeless Planet was a shit game for UPF

quietly walk around a barren landscape and fail at platforming for a while

Those Danwsers questions were pretty brutal most of the time :/

Also keep getting guests since it really helps out.

LOL@ Vinny still being salty about that UPF segment :D

They didn't do a No-Go-Show for April, did they? Just remembered that format technically exists.

I stumbled across the one from march earlier and was wondering if we will see one this month, I guess we didn't get one during April because they had a lot of stuff going on that month.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They didn't do a No-Go-Show for April, did they? Just remembered that format technically exists.

They did not. Hope it's a case of "We recorded everything we wanted to" and not "Nobody watched that last one" because I loved it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not worth the editing time, but I love the occasional prepared video. It was also great to have a few minutes of distilled open-world Vinny.

edit: Speaking of open-world Vinny, I haven't watched the Witcher 3 playdate but I started playing last night. Did Vinny or Alex make mention of the terrifying adult human face trapped in a little girl's body? Performance capture nearly claimed its first victim, that face was staring at me when I tried to sleep and I wasn't sure if I would make it through the night.

Xater

It bums me out that Jeff no longer watching wrestling has effectively killed the powerbombcast.

IMO they could easily do it without him. The rest has not given up.

I have given up on wrestling for a while now as well. I did watch RAW from yesterday though and it was decent. Had to watch when I heard Owens was on it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It bums me out that Jeff no longer watching wrestling has effectively killed the powerbombcast.

I'm sure Giancarlo leaving Gamespot don't help things either, but yeah they'd just have to do it without Jeff if they continued it now. Unless they brought him in to read Nintendo e-shop releases or something.

Rainmaker

Banned
Raw was excellent yesterday. Especially the Owens/Cena stuff. It bums me out that Jeff doesn't watch like he used to. Wrestling may be awful a lot of the time but when it's good it's the best thing in the world.

I don't think it would be beyond Jeff to check out this whole Owens thing though especially if the others (barring Dan :p) think its pretty good.

I'm sure Giancarlo leaving Gamespot don't help things either, but yeah they'd just have to do it without Jeff if they continued it now. Unless they brought him in to read Nintendo e-shop releases or something.

Plus no Jared.

Also listening to just Dan and Alex wouldn't be my cup of tea either :/.

Alt+F1 is great, and I don't even watch the sport. Powerbombcast I listened to a couple episodes before I started watching, but have since watched every PPV.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Plus no Jared.

I'm not sure, but wasn't Jared on after he got his new job? I thought he was on the show post-Nintendo. Assuming I'm not making things up, I thought he was pretty free to do what he wanted for the decidedly non-Nintendo related podcast. When he was the community guy for the WWE games he was probably under a tighter leash on that stuff.

I'm not sure, but wasn't Jared on after he got his new job? I thought he was on the show post-Nintendo. Assuming I'm not making things up, I thought he was pretty free to do what he wanted for the decidedly non-Nintendo related podcast. When he was the community guy for the WWE games he was probably under a tighter leash on that stuff.

IIRC it was before.

Xater

I don't think it would be beyond Jeff to check out this whole Owens thing though especially if the others (barring Dan :p) think its pretty good.

Plus no Jared.

I am pretty sure Jared can be on the Bombcast still and it's not like they can't have other guests.

I am pretty sure Jared can be on the Bombcast still and it's not like they can't have other guests.

I'm not saying he's not allowed (though given that whole snafu with that former nintendo dude and his twitter stuff i'm not so sure anymore :p) but he hasn't been on the powerbombcast for a while presumably because he's been working.

The problem is that wrestling is amazing right now outside of the WWE. With Lucha Underground and NJPW being hot fire there's no excuse to not be a colossal fucking mark.

Every mark is a worked gate until they get the pencil, and then its a shoot, until they work themselves into a main event worked shoot for the strap, end up giving a potato, then get a reciept, sell said reciept with a gig, and after they get some color they can kiss the brass ring and ascend to the ranks of the boys from the back to the backyard support indie pro wrestling at prowrestlingtees.com/bigLG get yourself a t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom