• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eurovision lovers, is that one Father Ted episode based on actual events, or are am I to believe that the Irish didn't intentionally tank their entry one year in the 90s?

Mully

I wonder how much Jeff will talk about E3 being irrelevant this year.

He's not wrong. It's difficult for cash strapped publishers to argue they need an expensive presence at E3 when they could announce their stuff online for free and have the same impact. Publishers also don't have to rely on the media anymore. There's only a handful of major gaming outlets left, and most don't have the impact that PewDiePie or any YouTuber with 25,000+ subscribers have. There's no need for publishers to throw big parties, press conferences, and put on live demos when they can create a tight 30 minute video on what's next for PlayStation or Xbox. I'm surprised neither of them have made the move yet; especially Sony.

That said, GB has again gotten out in front of this big change in gaming media and focused their E3 content on themselves reacting to E3 rather than putting the spotlight on publishers.

Myggen

Apparently GBeast podcast begins next Friday?

Glad they picked the right day to do a podcast, but was kinda hoping it would start with the new hire.

Edit: Yup, it's happening.

tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

Myggen

What's Garnett Lee up to now? I never got into his shows after Davison left 1UP Yours.

Working at Amazon with their games thing. He was talking about it on a recent 8-4 Play podcast (hosted on Giant Bomb dot com!), basically his role seems to get third party games over on their games platform or something.

daydream

Banned
are we treatin' beastcast like bombin' or will there be a separate podcast thread

i suppose it'll depend on the length of the thing, won't it

Myggen

are we treatin' beastcast like bombin' or will there be a separate podcast thread

i suppose it'll depend on the length of the thing, won't it

Maybe ask EmCee what the mods will allow or something? I would suggest maybe doing an individual thread for the first episode at least. I'm sure there'll be enough interest.

Zaph

Maybe it's time to just have a single GB Podcast OT? Or would it just end up similar to this and be moved to Community?

Myggen

Maybe it's time to just have a single GB Podcast OT? Or would it just end up similar to this and be moved to Community?

No one knows what the rules are for what is and isn't moved to Community, so who knows. But as long as there's enough interest in individual threads for Bombcast episodes, that's the way to go imo. Threads dedicated to specific content tend to die out after a while, see the QL thread from way back.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if a GB podcast thread would be either merged into this one, or moved to Community. I'm guessing the mods aren't very interested in another permanent Giant Bomb thread on the Gaming side since they moved this one. Individual threads are also a better way to give exposure to GB than a megathread, if we care about that kind of thing.

Is the new podcast premium only or free?

They've said free in the past. It's supposed to be GB's second flagship gaming podcast, so it would make sense for it to be free.

hamchan

They've said free in the past. It's supposed to be GB's second flagship gaming podcast, so it would make sense for it to be free.

Oh ok, should probably make a thread for the first episode to get attention for it, then judge from there whether it continues to get its own thread, gets merged into the weekly bombcast threads or whether it gets relegated to Danswers/Alt-F1 level and just gets posted in here.

Zaph

Yeah, it's definitely an odd situation. Probably best to see what the Fridaycast ends up looking like and go from there.

Bombcasts generate multiple pages because it's one of the world's most popular entertainment podcasts, so attracts a lot of posters who don't post here. Might end up with general GAF interest in the Fridaycast fizzling out and the problem sorts itself out.

danm999

Friday Beastcast (or Saturday for me)?

Terrific. That part of the week is a dead zone for me in terms of podcast listening.

Nice job small business man and Mr. Wolf.

Anjin M

OH SHIT YEAH PROBABLY HERE'S MY GOOGLE DOCS RANKING EVERY GAME JOURNALIST WHO HAS LEFT THEIR JOB SINCE JANUARY WITH RANKINGS ON HOW LIKELY THEY ARE TO JOIN WITH TWITTER SCREENGRABS ORGANIZED BY DATE

Wow. Maybe you should be in charge of the New Hire Tinfoil Hat Brigade instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom