• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff is in the Beastcast comments BTW

o6mpy1L.png

GavinGT

Banned
I agree with Jeff on the movement in The Witcher 3. I can't fucking stand it. Why can't I flick the stick to have my character do a quick-turn? Why can't he just stop moving when I let go of the stick? I feel totally disconnected from the character.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I really love the extended wife fucking bit that just turns into aimless slut shaming
YouTube is fun isn't it?
I agree with Jeff on the movement in The Witcher 3. I can't fucking stand it. Why can't I flick the stick to have my character do a quick-turn? Why can't he just stop moving when I let go of the stick? I feel totally disconnected from the character.
It's taken me 10 hours to finally come to terms with the character movement.

LiK

just started the Lifeless Planet QL and i couldn't help but laugh that Vinny also remembered when the crew didn't give a fuck about it during his segment in UPF. XD

Does Rooster Teeth put out any good content? I've never bothered to delve into it.

their best series that i enjoy are stuff from Achievement Hunter and stuff like Five Facts and the Easter Eggs in games and various guides.

their LPs and streams of their MP/coop sessions are fucking unwatchable tho. not sure how people can actually watch that mess.

Jintor

I remember RvB classic being great watches, but I'm sure if I ever go back to actually watch them, I will be disappointed.

I feel like they scaled in a really bad way. Like, back in the first couple of RT Shorts seasons, they were absolutely amazing. I loved the Drunktank and Immersion and even subscribed so that I could see the new RvB episodes early. I own multiple Red Versus Blue DVDs!

And then RvB got really bad post Recollection trilogy, and then they brought in new people to take over RT Shorts production who weren't as funny, and then Geoff stopped being on the podcast to focus on Achievement Hunter (which was never really interesting to me). And then they just started doing a lot of boring Youtube-y content instead of the weirder, more ambitious stuff I really liked before.

I just really didn't enjoy the new people they brought in, who eventually completely overshadowed the core group of Geoff, Burnie, Gus, Matt, and Joel in content. I think what they had in the earlier days was incredibly special, and they just did a really poor job expanding while retaining that spirit and level of quality. I mean, obviously it's worked out great for them, but it's not for me anymore.

Honestly it's a good contrast to how smart Jeff has been about building on GB.

Rooster Teeth are those guys who basically made a pre-Youtube Internet media empire out of Halo machinimas, right? I honestly know nothing about them.

LiK

Rooster Teeth are those guys who basically made a pre-Youtube Internet media empire out of Halo machinimas, right? I honestly know nothing about them.

yea, they got big from RvB.

one thing i'm surprised by is how popular their podcasts are. i never listened to them but they're in the top podcasts list in iTunes all the time.

Basically exactly the right place at the right time with a show that was pretty-good-to-occasionally-brilliant. And then they did a pretty good job riding the Youtube Let's Play wave.

yea, they got big from RvB.

one thing i'm surprised by is how popular their podcasts are. i never listened to them but they're in the top podcasts list in iTunes all the time.

The podcasts are fucking awful to listen to. I tried, since I figured it'd be roundtable discussion about videogames and junk, but there are some really bad personalities in there.

@alex_navarro
I hope you enjoy our new podcast. I'm really looking forward to shout-sobbing discordant syllables into a microphone for 90 min every week.

@alex_navarro
Did I forget to mention that? Sorry, should have said it before: this is a podcast where I shout sob for about 90 minutes. Every week.

@alex_navarro
Vinny's there too. He sits and silently judges me while I shout sob guttural nonsense into the mic. We wanted to try something different.

ah so that's who that is. explains the view count anyway

everything is awful except the things I like

But those guys in particular, Funhaus, were formerly known as Inside Gaming on Machinima. They jumped ship and joined Rooster Teeth.

Actually, if you turn on particular genes...

1-s2.0-s0960982206000649-gr2_2_1.jpg

(D is a crocodile mouth, E is a chicken expressing shh gene, F is normal)

Birds were dinosaurs at one point, remember. All that coding is still there.

I love how much emus and ostriches already look like dinosaurs. Even their feet. They remind me of a Gallimumus. Below is an emu and emu feet.

A8UFjHr.jpg
i4VyRNm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom