• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
HL1 is a much better game than about 95% of all fps shooters, including other half life games.

what i'm saying is that you should be able to actively dislike Metro if you liked what the Half Life games brought to the table given that Metro does many of those things and then some.

Sounded to me like he disliked the survival management aspects of watching your oxygen levels, mask degradation, etc. etc.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't have the ability to watch it right now, what's going on with the youtube comments?

Good of you to team one for the team. Please cross post the best here so none of us has to suffer.

Either people made their GRR GUY DOESN'T KNOW A THING comment and then deleted them when realizing what was up or seeing everybody else's comment, or the trolling goes deep and the other Youtube comments got me with tales of deleted rants.

in my relistening to the podcast, i've finally hit the Skyrim vs SR3 debate.

I don't know how brad did it, it seemed like everyone minus him was completely all in on SR3 when the discussions began. I'm already upset.

danm999

HL1 is a much better game than about 95% of all fps shooters, including other half life games.

what i'm saying is that you shouldnt be able to actively dislike Metro if you liked what the Half Life games brought to the table given that Metro does many of those things and then some.

I dunno, I adore Half Life 1 & 2 but I'm pretty ambivalent on Metro 2033.

The shooting felt bad to me. The environmental variation was poor. I hated all the oxygen management stuff. The game just didn't have the narrative or cinematic chops of a Half Life 2 (few games do, to be fair).

I didn't hate it, I thought it was pretty and want to see the series continue and grow, but I can't fault someone for enjoying Half Life and not Metro.

HL1 blood splatters were pretty special. especially if you had the decal limit turned waaaaaay up. some of those MP maps got just really disgusting after a few minutes

Myggen

I can't find really bad comments. Are you guys making stuff up again?

No real bad comments on YT, but the GB comment section is full of them. If they haven't been deleted yet.

Case in point:

This joke comment:

Oh great. Another early access "survival horror" walking sim, comprised of Unity assets randomly slapped together for a cheap profit. Steam really is a race to the bottom, as Jeff says.

Got this response:

Are you retarded or just clueless? This is a remake of Half Life FFS, you shitty brainless retarded idiotic piece of shit, how the fuck is a walking simulator? You shitty piece of human scum. Stop blabbering non sense you useless brainless retard.

And when someone called him out:

Shut up useless mellotron idiotic guy, target another one you useless brainless shitty retarded, I wasn't even talking at you. The snake is eating your slutty sister tail, shitty idiot, here you are, we have a smart idiot.

Good, good.

repeater

This joke comment:
Oh great. Another early access "survival horror" walking sim, comprised of Unity assets randomly slapped together for a cheap profit. Steam really is a race to the bottom, as Jeff says.

Got this response:
Are you retarded or just clueless? This is a remake of Half Life FFS, you shitty brainless retarded idiotic piece of shit, how the fuck is a walking simulator? You shitty piece of human scum. Stop blabbering non sense you useless brainless retard.

And when someone called him out:
Shut up useless mellotron idiotic guy, target another one you useless brainless shitty retarded, I wasn't even talking at you. The snake is eating your slutty sister tail, shitty idiot, here you are, we have a smart idiot.
It's the weekend over in the GB comments, huh?

Falifax

Dan is just a part of Andy McNamara's elaborate plan to destroy Giant Bomb from the inside.

Jason really just wanted to work there. Jason is cool.

Dan is just a part of Andy McNamara's elaborate plan to destroy Giant Bomb from the inside.

Jason really just wanted to work there. Jason is cool.

prUNUx7.png

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Looking at the Black Mesa comments this morning was like waking up on Christmas. When I told Drew that I wanted to do this, I told him "if just ONE person is oblivious to what we're doing, I'll consider this to be a success."

I love the internet.

LegoArmo

Looking at the Black Mesa comments this morning was like waking up on Christmas. When I told Drew that I wanted to do this, I told him "if just ONE person is oblivious to what we're doing, I'll consider this to be a success."

I love the internet.
I started to question if Black Mesa changed what it was at some point in the last 10 years and I just didn't hear about it. For like 5 minutes.

justjim89

Just helped the girl at the herbalist's with a Swallow in Witcher 3.

My quest diary says the potion healed her body but melted her mind so now she's effectively braindead. Fuck. This game, man.

I love the internet.

Some say luck got you this far. I say no, it was destiny.

Anjin M

I love the internet.
Dan, you really are the best.

edit://
The uh, the Witcher 3 QL went some dark fucking places.
After the GBeast stream, I wasn't sure that I need more Witcher, but you have me interested again. Hmm

Also...
Has anyone else listened to the Beastcast mini episode multiple times? I'm really excited.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Drew's Blue Shift reference was amazing.

Ill admit, i hadnt read the thread prior to seeing the video so the first few minutes of the video had me wondering. But i caught on pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom