• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Black Mesa comments this morning was like waking up on Christmas. When I told Drew that I wanted to do this, I told him "if just ONE person is oblivious to what we're doing, I'll consider this to be a success."

I love the internet.

If there was a promotion for this type of thing, you would be United States Champion.

Myggen

There's one dude in the comment section who just refuses to believe it's a bit, even after me and others have linked him the actual video of Dan playing HL1 for Game Informer.

I am not surprised people got angry at the Mesa video (this is the internet afterall), but I am surprised people looked at the whole thing, just to get even more angry. If people were so mad, and did not get the joke, why spend 20 minutes just getting angrier and angrier.

Looking at the Black Mesa comments this morning was like waking up on Christmas. When I told Drew that I wanted to do this, I told him "if just ONE person is oblivious to what we're doing, I'll consider this to be a success."

I love the internet.

Dan's not afraid to break kayfabe on GAF.

I am not surprised people got angry at the Mesa video (this is the internet afterall), but I am surprised people looked at the whole thing, just to get even more angry. If people were so mad, and did not get the joke, why spend 20 minutes just getting angrier and angrier.

we live in a world where someone who intentionally gets mad at video games on the internet has 2 million subscribers

people seem to be really into getting angry at things that aren't actually important

popo

Who knows. The guy created an account just to post nonsense in that comment section.

That is the weird thing. The guy reads like he is a nut job having a spontaneous tourettes episode but likely as not he had the foresight to create a new account so that his main one didn't get banned. Like as not the gibberish is actually a well thought out troll. In which case, who can be arsed to come up with that?

Toying with Half Life fans seems like playing with matches in a fireworks factory.

Also I just realised the Half Life fanbase is totally the new Shenmue fanbase.

Jamie OD

Just helped the girl at the herbalist's with a Swallow in Witcher 3.

My quest diary says the potion healed her body but melted her mind so now she's effectively braindead. Fuck. This game, man.

At least you get paid. I decided pretty quickly to just play mercenary for all my decisions in that game.

Based on twitter and the bombcast it seems like the Witcher 3 has managed to grab a lot of the staff.

Is there going to be an Old Games Show later today? They're supposed to be every two weeks, right?

I don't think they've said if there will be a show today or not, I doubt it at this point.

Edit: I hadn't even realised the Destiny quicklook was a live one, I hope Brad has dug into the expansion a little.

Myggen

They're streaming Destiny though.

How's that for a consolation prize?

9E9Txcf.jpg

I look forward to the role reversal that is brad playing destiny but spending most of the time talking about another game.

I'm especially excited for him to play an actually good open world RPG given his fondness for the janky as jank mechanics and terribly plain narrative of Skyrim, his filibuster 2011 broken as all fuck on consoles game of the year.

maybe he'll reconsider his lack of witcher 2 playing now that he's seen the light.

Old Game Show is totally going the way of Professional Wednesdays and that short lived new release Tuesday show isnt it?

I fully expect someone to say "we are busy planning E3 so we cant do it until after that" and then after E3 its never heard from again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Old Game Show is totally going the way of Professional Wednesdays and that short lived new release Tuesday show isnt it?

I fully expect someone to say "we are busy planning E3 so we cant do it until after that" and then after E3 its never heard from again.

New office bro

Myggen

Highly doubt it. Jeff is obviously passionate about a show like that, and it's only biweekly. No reason to believe that they won't continue doing it.

Since Jeff's the host it will skip weeks when he's not in the office obviously. Those two other shows got canned because they didn't work. Quite a leap to draw that conclusion the first week they skip it, when it was never going to happen without Jeff in the office.

Xater

Highly doubt it. Jeff is obviously passionate about a show like that, and it's only biweekly. No reason to believe that they won't continue doing it.

Since Jeff's the host it will skip weeks when he's not in the office obviously. Those two other shows got canned because they didn't work.

But they could also totally do an episode without Jeff. Just sayin'....

I look forward to the role reversal that is brad playing destiny but spending most of the time talking about another game.

But, I want Brad to talk about Destiny :(

The Old Game Show would feel kind of lacking without Jeff there, I think that his knowledge is part of what makes that show so entertaining.

Lijik

Man i cant tell if some of those comments on the black mesa video are jokes are not. The "the joke wasnt funny at all, besides I wanted REAL information not jokes and this is doing a disservice to the team and ruining their sales!!" breed of comment is somehow more surreal than the ones who took the bait.

Toying with Half Life fans seems like playing with matches in a fireworks factory.

Also I just realised the Half Life fanbase is totally the new Shenmue fanbase.

Yeah, except here's the difference between Half-Life and Shenmue:

Half-Life is one of the greatest games of all time and basically redefined the shooter genre. Meanwhile the company that produced it has become one of, if not the most influential entities in gaming today.

Shenmue, meanwhile is a curioso of an older time who's only real lasting legacy is its massive budget and the present scourge on gaming that is Quick Time Events. The company that produced it is now a shell of its former self.

I'm pretty sure that Chris Watters didn't even read Sphere when he joined the bookcast.

So props to him for having the balls to get on that cast and fool the rest of the crew.

also, i'm pretty certain that Dan got himself a strangely free version of Sphere since his was the only version with issues producing the images that appeared in every other version of the Sphere ebook.

I'm just sayin', if the witcher taught me anything is that even our heroes have a villainous streak to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom