• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero18

Nero, reading this page it's clear you are far from "totally fine" with people not liking Destiny.

Hahah, I have played enough Destiny to know why people both love it and why people hate it. Was just trying to prove that you can express an opinion without trying to force it on anybody else. I don't want to touch that game for a very long time, but saying its bad just doesn't seem fair. I completely agree with Bois piece, it is great, and thus far the best insight into why some people are extremely attached to that game.

I just did a side quest from the first area and he literally narrated the entire procedure. Every single step, every single clue. At one point he even let me know what he found must have belonged to the person hanging from right above it. He's like a detective in a really bad tv show that has to let you know what every single clue means when you already know.

Yeah, those blood tracks must lead somewhere and I should check it out. Smeared handprint, a struggle you say? Bloody palm print that leads to the single thing you're investigating, I wonder where I should look next. I found an object I was looking for right underneath a body I was looking for and it must belong to that person? Good thing he's there to let me know every single step of the way.

He even let me know it must be a woman thanks to her wide pelvis, small jaw and tiny hands. He's like that guy from Psych.

I agree the constant narration is pretty silly but god damn I find it relaxing.

So I keep watching this Destiny thing, but it doesn't really seem like they changed anything? They made a few new maps, added new currency...

Still waiting until the "definitive" version comes out, when the game is fully realized.

I doubt you're getting a fully realized version of Destiny until a sequel. This DLC shows that Bungie is aware of complaints and they've attempted to address them, the new missions have more interesting encounters, they've made loot more frequent and tweaked the loot itself, 2 new game modes and they've tried doing more story stuff but they're still limited by time constraints and the current framework of the game.

FUlJXLV.png

I understand where people who don't like Dan are coming from on some level, but I read things like this, and Dan being okay with discount lasers, and I think those people should maybe just go enjoy some fresh air and time away from the computer, because I'm glad Dan is Dan.

danm999

Just helped the girl at the herbalist's with a Swallow in Witcher 3.

My quest diary says the potion healed her body but melted her mind so now she's effectively braindead. Fuck. This game, man.

Fuck.

I dread this game with every choice I make and how it's going to blow my shit up.

1-3 was pretty much the sweet spot with universe building and never going fully up its own ass. after that, all bets were off

Yeah, I feel like 3 started to get a little wonky but then you had ODST and Reach which were fine as they didn't concern themselves too much with the bigger universe stuff and focused on more contained stories.

Halo 4 is where it went completely off the rails in a way that was completely stupid and comical.

i'm glad fellow mod XANDER CAGE has been on the Twitter beat all day, trying to get to the bottom of the real Destiny mystery: how do aliens know about wolves, and why do they use wolf idioms

Teddified

If you've watched the History Channel you'd know that Aliens built the pyramids and other things, so they obviously saw Wolves during that time.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What are th-"

What the fuck day are you talking about? Halo Humpday? Two for Tuesdays where I can get two for the price of one pizzas?!

Shut the fuck off, Haloman. I don't care how cool of a guy Halo is!!

Yeah I'm watching the Black Mesa QL now. I'm not one of those insane angry people I see in the comments, but their schtick did limit actual discussion of the game.

hamchan

Yeah I'm watching the Black Mesa QL now. I'm not one of those insane angry people I see in the comments, but their schtick did limit actual discussion of the game.

I don't think there's much to talk about Half-Life these days.

Wow those comments on the site. We already knew this, but some Giant Bomb fans really are fucking crazy people.

Like when did they hint at it being a joke? It just seems like they have no idea what they're talking about, maybe I missed the presumed humor of playing dumb.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Like when did they hint at it being a joke? It just seems like they have no idea what they're talking about, maybe I missed the presumed humor of playing dumb.

They alluded to multiple Half-Life expansions and mods, mentioned a gap of FPS games between Doom and Call of Duty where nobody had the genre figured out, I think Dan made an inaccurate joke about the release date (or he was just honestly reminiscing about 1996 movies, either seems reasonable), and specifically pointed out G-Man and the crowbar which are probably the two most iconic Half-Life images.

If you know it's a Half-Life remake already, you probably should have picked up on how thick they were laying it on. If you don't, then it doesn't really matter in the end does it? They talked about how it's a decent looking but not great looking game that has great level design and a solid narrative structure that doesn't get in the way. Also mentioned the later stages of the game aren't finished, and multiplayer isn't why you're coming to the game. Seemed fairly informative overall for a quick look. It honestly just got me more interested in reviews of Black Mesa from people who have actually never played Half-Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom