• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Witcher 3 quicklook spoilers

Holy fucking shit at the ending and that mutant baby thing, holy shit

It's funny cause I saw those things in one of the trailer so I knew what was coming up which made Vinny's and Alex's reaction even funnier lol.

danm999

Where else can you play it? Almost out of the first area and I've only played with the scholar guy.

Pretty much every big town/inn has at least one dude who sells cards and who you can play it with. I've built up my Northern Realms and Nilfgaard decks pretty good but my Monster and Non-humans decks still suck.

so were there any actual good comments from the Black Mesa QL

all I saw was "boy the comments on this one are going to be great" ad nauseum

I think a bunch of the aggressive angry ones got moderated. They went a bit overboard with attacks and slurs on other users.

Hope a few bans were handed up too.- might clean up the site a bit.

BTW, can GB fully ban a user even if they are paying? I never looked at the sites T&C in-depth.

I think a bunch of the aggressive angry ones got moderated. They went a bit overboard with attacks and slurs on other users.

Hope a few bans were handed up too.- might clean up the site a bit.

BTW, can GB fully ban a user even if they are paying? I never looked at the sites T&C in-depth.

I imagine so. You pay one time for access for a period of days, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to revoke that privilege if you're being harassing to others.

Seeing the comments has made me realize something.

Half Life fans are the worst fans. Good god it's so damn obvious Dan and Drew were doing a skit over the unfinished. Hell, they've both talked about Half Life before. Seriously! Stupid people!

LiK

Seeing the comments has made me realize something.

Half Life fans are the worst fans. Good god it's so damn obvious Dan and Drew were doing a skit over the unfinished. Hell, they've both talked about Half Life before. Seriously! Stupid people!

no HL3 has made them a bitter bunch

no HL3 has made them a bitter bunch

I mean Drew even makes a backhand comment about one of the expansions!"I wanna see the events happen through the guards eyes"(sic), it's like...how stupid are people? Jesus christ. I want to laugh at them but I can't because I feel sad for them.

LiK

i wouldn't mind if Jeff and Brad did the Unfinished cuz i would've preferred them talking about their experience with the original game. ah well, guess we'll need to wait for a proper QL when the game is out of Early Access.

Tan

I think Jeff liked the first HL and thought HL2 was fine, but not as incredibly amazing as everyone else thinks.

Lijik

so were there any actual good comments from the Black Mesa QL

there was one dude who thought it was real and when he was finally convinced otherwise decided they were actually ruining sales of the game

I don't think they were joking or pretending, I believe they were oblivious to the ties to Half Life. As of late IV been seeing many factual errors in quick looks and the podcast, whatever happened to doing some research on the product and its history before doing a quick look?

Not telling people it has roots in halflife is doing a disservice to black Mesa and some people might think it's just a counterstrike ripoff for multiplayer. If I was a Black Mesa dev I would be disappointed as newcomers who never played half life might not know anything about this game and its roots. More productive video would of been a true quick look with real humor sprinkled in, because as is this quick look is worthless as a quick look and is worthless as humor as it wasn't funny.

Quick looks can make or break a game, yes giant bomb has the power to literally put a indie dev out of business, so when your purposely put factual errors in to troll, I really think you are out stepping your bounds, unless the devs of black Mesa were in on in then this video should be taken down and remade with a proper quick look.

Please don't let Dan give ideas to spice up quick looks again, no way this was Drew's idea.

I thought GiantBomb was beyond click bait videos, guess I was wrong.

Flame Barrier Activated...

i cant tell if this guy was pulling a metajoke or not to be honest

danm999

^

Has to be a joke. There's no way that person can misunderstand the term Clickbait like that
can they?

Also the people thinking that they did a disservice by not taking it seriously.

Welcome to giantbomb?

When it's something I like, you better not make any jokes dammit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of weird that on the bombcast they talk about the momentum in Geralt's movement. Because to me that dictates animation priority like stuff in GTA V and RDR which is annoying, but it doesn't give me the same reaction. That gives me a 'they spent too much time on making it look good and not making it feel snappier. But it still feels responsive if slow'. With Witcher 3, the VERY first second I got analog movement my brain immediately went, 'Wow, that feels cheap. Wow this sure is an Eastern European RPG.' Like for all the technical promise of the game, the animations on it are shitty. Skyrim has terrible animations as well, but the way you move didn't bug me as much as the way you move in Witcher.

It's kind of weird that on the bombcast they talk about the momentum in Geralt's movement. Because to me that dictates animation priority like stuff in GTA V and RDR which is annoying, but it doesn't give me the same reaction. That gives me a 'they spent too much time on making it look good and not making it feel snappier. But it still feels responsive if slow'. With Witcher 3, the VERY first second I got analog movement my brain immediately went, 'Wow, that feels cheap. Wow this sure is an Eastern European RPG.' Like for all the technical promise of the game, the animations on it are shitty. Skyrim has terrible animations as well, but the way you move didn't bug me as much as the way you move in Witcher.

I feel like wonky movement is a pretty constant criticism with Rockstar games with GB, especially with Brad and Jeff.

Speaking of Alex's anxiety, that moment in the Kerbal QL was one of my favorites of all time.

Haha, that was amazing because once Alex pointed it out I felt it too. It's really freaky.

I think I'm spending too much time and money playing Gwent in the Witcher.
Impossible. Gwent is almost more important than the main quest. It's the only thing that brings kings down right beside the lowliest beggar (aside from the immense cost of the cards) and is the ultimate form of humanity.

I said something similar in last week's Bombcast thread, and one dude's response was pretty apt. The gist is, GTA5 has such shallow gameplay that the clunky movement isn't as prominent/important, whereas in the Witcher 3 it's the exact opposite. But the GB crew had the right idea - the combat and mechanics of Witcher 3 really become second nature after spending time with the game. (Yes, it gives you the time.) It's not that it's bad, just that it's very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom