• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything once you're out of the Caves in Ep 2 is some whack shit. That final battle where you're racing all over the valley trying to stop strider waves rolling in is some amazing fun.

That sequence all the way until the end credits as well as the sequence where you're in the house and meet the hunters for the first time are both burned into my memory.

all versions of LBP are about going online and seeing the creative craziness people have come up with. So if you haven't gotten to that point, i suggest you do.

Jintor

i wrapped necrodancer and now i'm staring at my steam list looking at games to tide me over until splatoon

but i'm ACTUALLY thinking of buying Witcher. And my weekend just freed up too.

ughhhhhhhhh

for me the next big game will be batman i am counting on witcher, project cars , mkx , bloodborne NG+ , yakuza 4 & peace walker to keep me busy until then.

my vita game situation is not any better. i was hoping to finish tales of heart but i decided to start P4G again.

Nothing about Batman gives me any confidence that the game will be any good. I'm especially weary of the franchise after the Catwomen bullshit done with AC and the $40 season pass that was initially announced with almost 0 details and at an absurd price.

It's like WB wants to desperately charge $100 a game but knows they can't get away with it.

Jintor

i'm a bit sad but it's really not worth me buying a ps4 while i'm in japan. already going to have enough problems carting this pc i built back home.

i was considering buying an el cheapo ps3 to play all my psn games i got. i still haven't finished ico actually.

I actually don't know if i want to buy batman or not. i guess i shouldn't fool myself. i'm going to play it eventually. the only question is if i should get it for the $30 or whatever it's going for on nuuvem or not

Zaph

Ain't no reason to buy bad games ever. Feels like there's non-stop great games coming out all the time - both known quantities and surprises.

Currently occupied by P&D, Invisible Inc and Action Henk, while I kid myself over which amazing RPG or PnC game to sink my teeth into when I know damn well I ain't got time for any.

Friend of mine slipped a disc and no lie, I was a bit jelly because of how much of his backlog he was able to clear.

popo

I am genuinely saddened that there wasnt an Old Games Show this week. It's one of my favourite series on the site and it only comes every other Wednesday. I hope Jeff decides to do it next week instead.

People assumed it was bi-weekly because it happened every two weeks. All Jeff has said is that it isn't a weekly series.

Also, what the fuck with biweekly having two legit conflicting meanings.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People assumed it was bi-weekly because it happened every two weeks. All Jeff has said is that it isn't a weekly series.

Also, what the fuck with biweekly having two legit conflicting meanings.

That's why we have fortnightly as a term to use.

Myggen

What are some food things Dan enjoys? After listening to the weekly fig discussion segment and with my background, I'd like to ruin some things.

It won't be possible, he'll just do the Paul Ryckert thing of refusing to believe it. I'm the same with food in that I subscribe to the "what I don't know doesn't exist".

edit: This reminded me that I should probably upload this week's fig/wasp/food discussion to YT. It made me laugh while listening to it on the bus, and I'm sure everyone around me thought I was a weirdo.

I was real happy with how upset Danny got about it.

It won't be possible, he'll just do the Paul Ryckert thing of refusing to believe it. I'm the same with food in that I subscribe to the "what I don't know doesn't exist".

If it's something that happens preprocessing like with the figs, he can't just say it doesn't happen like he did with the Taco Bell stuff.

danm999

What are some food things Dan enjoys? After listening to the weekly fig discussion segment and with my background, I'd like to ruin some things.

It'd be very difficult for us as a community to gaslight Dan into thinking there was, I dunno, puppy tear ducts or something in Taco Bell.

Doubly so since he reads this thread.

the "discount experimental lasers" part is where I lost it

and i'm with Brad; even if there was a 60% chance that I'd get eaten by dinosaurs I'd still go to Jurassic Park

It'd be very difficult for us as a community to gaslight Dan into thinking there was, I dunno, puppy tear ducts or something in Taco Bell.

Doubly so since he reads this thread.

At the very least, I can upset some listeners of the podcast, and I'll call that a victory.

Figs are this year's Australian Beef.

and i'm with Brad; even if there was a 60% chance that I'd get eaten by dinosaurs I'd still go to Jurassic Park

Fuck yeah I'll get eaten by this thing that hasn't existed for millions of years. That'd be the most radical way to die ever. Sadly I won't likely be eaten by a T-Rex, since evidence points to them being at least partially scavengers...

Xater

Fuck yeah I'll get eaten by this thing that hasn't existed for millions of years. That'd be the most radical way to die ever. Sadly I won't be able to be eaten by a T-Rex, since evidence points to them being scavengers...

Is it just me or has science made dinosaurs less rad than when they were when I was a kid?

Don't get me wrong, they are still pretty rad, but just not at the same level.

Is it just me or has science made dinosaurs less rad than when they were when I was a kid?

you're just Jeffin' about dinosaurs. My nephew is 4 years old and he can't get enough of dinosaurs. Or star wars. Or Marvel stuff. He might be the only person in the family who shares my interests hah.

They've brought dinosaurs to reality rather than leaving them in the early era of fanciful fiction.

I mean, they were just slapping bones together willy nilly to make something that looked impressive for side shows.

Feathers makes them less cool.

Don't do this Myggen, you don't want to be on the wrong side of this debate.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

feathers.png

edit:

Oh, today's comic deals with the issue also:

humans.png

danm999

I dunno if it's science's fault; I feel like they had a bigger (and I hate this word) mindshare for kids twenty years ago when popular culture gave a shit about them.

It was the era of the TV show Dinosaurs, of Jurassic Park, of the Land Before Time, of Turok, etc.

Maybe I'm not down with the kids these days, but I can't see there's really anything trading on Dinosaurs these days to the same extent.

Xater

feathers.png

edit:

Oh, today's comic deals with the issue also:

humans.png

I said they are still rad, just not as much. T-Rex being a scavenger for example seriously bums me out.

maybe we just need a film or video game that actually brings the new stuff we know and is cool to the forefront.

I said they are still rad, just not as much. T-Rex being a scavenger for example seriously bums me out.

maybe we just need a film or video game that actually brings the new stuff we know and is cool to the forefront.

If it makes you feel better, there's still debate about that. There might have been t-rex esque species that were active hunters, or t-rexes were opportunistic feeders. Wounds on prey bones that show signs of healing seem to have been inflicted by t-rex teeth... Though that does kind of make you wonder about the herbivores that got away from a t-rex.

Most of the stuff saying they're scavengers deals with a poorly designed body for any kind of long, active hunting, but eye socket placement over time seems to have selected for binocular vision, which is fucking weird for a scavenger.

There is evidence of the radical triceratops vs t-rex fights though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You could still treat the dinosaurs you know when you were young as cool things, just acknowledge that they were fiction.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just wanna say that birds are seriously cool. If I could make a career out of studying birds, befriending them, then subsequently abandoning "normal" life as they carry me through the sky to bird kingdom where they teach me to sing and fly as they do, I would.

I just wanna say that birds are seriously cool. If I could make a career out of studying birds, befriending them, then subsequently abandoning "normal" life as they carry me through the sky to bird kingdom where they teach me to sing and fly as they do, I would.

I can tell you the first two parts of your plan can work.

But it's way cooler when you can think those things at one point were real.

Feathers are awesome dude. This isn't an official rendition but...

The idea that color might have played a huge role in dinosaurs makes them all the more awesome to me.

Kelas

I can tell you the first two parts of your plan can work.

Seriously though I probably should look into learning more about birds, if only as a hobby. Even just watching the behaviours of, and interactions between different common garden birds is fascinating.

Seriously though I probably should look into learning more about birds, if only as a hobby. Even just watching the behaviours of, and interactions between different common garden birds is fascinating.

Check out your local chapter of the Audubon society if you're in the states. They'll put you in the right direction. I can't speak to international societies but there are probably related groups in different countries.

popo

All these bird comments take on new hilarious meanings for native Brits.

I too like birds. Especially "befriending" them. Birds and booze.

Kelas

Check out your local chapter of the Audubon society if you're in the states. They'll put you in the right direction. I can't speak to international societies but there are probably related groups in different countries.

Thanks. I'm in Ireland but I should be able to find something. I'll probably just start with a lot of reading.

All these bird comments take on new hilarious meanings for native Brits.

I too like birds. Especially "befriending" them. Birds and booze.

lol the thought crossed my mind when I wrote that. It's used the same here, though not as prevalent as when I was younger.

Thanks. I'm in Ireland but I should be able to find something. I'll probably just start with a lot of reading.

Sure, but you definitely want to start putting your feelers out with experts. Volunteering for stuff especially. If there's a university nearby, see if there is an ornithologist in their professor list, in lieu of any kind of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom