• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

It's kind of weird that on the bombcast they talk about the momentum in Geralt's movement. Because to me that dictates animation priority like stuff in GTA V and RDR which is annoying, but it doesn't give me the same reaction. That gives me a 'they spent too much time on making it look good and not making it feel snappier. But it still feels responsive if slow'. With Witcher 3, the VERY first second I got analog movement my brain immediately went, 'Wow, that feels cheap. Wow this sure is an Eastern European RPG.' Like for all the technical promise of the game, the animations on it are shitty. Skyrim has terrible animations as well, but the way you move didn't bug me as much as the way you move in Witcher.

Since I don't have the game, I was wondering if they were overstating the character momentum. But then I watched Vinny in the quick look trying to examine the wagon. It seemed like Vinny was steering a horse even when Geralt was on foot. I'm sure you could get used to it, but it looked painful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I totally feel the movement problems that the Witcher 3 has. It feels like a struggle to even pick a flower.

That is also partially the fault of the way you examine and loot stuff in that game on console. That was THE worst thing about Witcher 2 with a controller and they didn't fix it. At all.

Since I don't have the game, I was wondering if they were overstating the character momentum. But then I watched Vinny in the quick look trying to examine the wagon. It seemed like Vinny was steering a horse even when Geralt was on foot. I'm sure you could get used to it, but it looked painful.

It's really not that bad. The thing is, you've gotta pay attention to what position Geralt is in when he's moving - this is key. The only thing that can make him warp from one position to another is canned animations like finishers or mounting Roach (his horse), and even then it's pretty rare. So long as you keep Geralt's relative position in mind, movement is simple. It just takes a bit of getting used to - especially his turning radius.

Jothel

GAF help me decide something.
Right now, I just have a crappy laptop (that chugs playing Axiom Verge) and a Vita but I wanna play new games. I'm living in Japan with my wife and her family, so if I bought a PS4 or Xbox One then I wouldn't be able to use the TV that much to play - work and other commitments etc - but also buying PC parts and building custom PCs is nowhere near as common here as it is elsewhere - I also don't really have a good place to put the behemoth it would inevitably be. Sooooooooo what should I do? I would really like to play the Witcher

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
GAF help me decide something.
Right now, I just have a crappy laptop (that chugs playing Axiom Verge) and a Vita but I wanna play new games. I'm living in Japan with my wife and her family, so if I bought a PS4 or Xbox One then I wouldn't be able to use the TV that much to play - work and other commitments etc - but also buying PC parts and building custom PCs is nowhere near as common here as it is elsewhere - I also don't really have a good place to put the behemoth it would inevitably be. Sooooooooo what should I do? I would really like to play the Witcher

Buy a PS4 and remote play with the vtia.

Jothel

Buy a PS4 and remote play with the vtia.

6hAAM7M.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seems like it's about the right time period for the slim?

Here's a good comparison pic of the 2 though. The 2000 is the left one.

php7vxwri.jpg

justjim89

This is an NXT Spoiler, but also Giant Bomb related...

Another Giant Bomb fan is now part of the WWE Roster - OLD TWEET LINK

Dan, if you're reading this, there are now no less than 3 members of the WWE Roster who are friends of the site. When an opportunity presents itself, it would be awesome if you could bring them in for a UPF or some kinda video or livestream.

Suplexer

This is an NXT Spoiler, but also Giant Bomb related...

Another Giant Bomb fan is now part of the WWE Roster - OLD TWEET LINK

That tweet plus him
apparently being involved with TellTale's GoT
is really making me question how I never knew he was into this type of stuff. As lame as it is, it makes me like him a lot more, and I already really liked him.

Dan, if you're reading this, there are now no less than 3 members of the WWE Roster who are friends of the site. When an opportunity presents itself, it would be awesome if you could bring them in for a UPF or some kinda video or livestream.

Oh man, that would be so awesome. Worlds collide.

That tweet plus him
is really making me question how I never knew he was into this type of stuff. As lame as it is, it makes me like him a lot more, and I already really liked him.

Not lame at all my friend! I'm a huge fan of his and hearing that he's a GB fan definitely seals the deal.

That tweet plus him

he had a twitch channel going for a while, man

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Just watched the Black Mesa QL. Pretty funny stuff. Not as funny as the comment section though.
People DID! NOT! LIKE! the joke.
For a website built on dumb jokes, people really don't like it if they make dumb jokes.

Also: Witcher 3 is by far the best "AAA" game I have played in a long, long time. Holy shit, I love this game.

Myggen

It's really not that bad. The thing is, you've gotta pay attention to what position Geralt is in when he's moving - this is key. The only thing that can make him warp from one position to another is canned animations like finishers or mounting Roach (his horse), and even then it's pretty rare. So long as you keep Geralt's relative position in mind, movement is simple. It just takes a bit of getting used to - especially his turning radius.

Still, the movement and the combat seems like the most common complaints about the game here on GAF, so they're not exactly alone.

Blade25

Does anyone remember what bombcast episode where Jeff flips out when he hears the word Terra-save in Resident Evil Revelations 2?

I am genuinely saddened that there wasnt an Old Games Show this week. It's one of my favourite series on the site and it only comes every other Wednesday. I hope Jeff decides to do it next week instead.

daydream

Banned
Hoping for an impromptu livestream today. Puppy Chat, Breaking Brad, Let's-Just-Play-Some-Thangs-Show - whatever you got, I'll take it.

Half Life 2 was good/great, Episode 1 was alright, but the real HL2 is all about episode 2. I'll stand here and fight anyone who tries to disparage the greatness that is episode 2.

But if someone came to me and said that the first 4-5 hours of Infinite is better than HL2 i might hear them out.

Man, Dan is really into David Letterman, isn't he? I grew up watching the guy too, but Dan seems to have had quite the connection. I don't like to see Dan bummed out! :(

Jintor

Everything once you're out of the Caves in Ep 2 is some whack shit. That final battle where you're racing all over the valley trying to stop strider waves rolling in is some amazing fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom