• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This thread is always interesting. When I post everyone is talking about Terraria. When I come back it is about Metal Gear. I leave for a day and now everyone is arguing the merits of temperature measurement.

Variety.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
We can go weeks here with the temperature below 0F during the winter.

My man. Here as well. Warm drinks are essential. Or booze. Or warm drinks + booze. My grandma gave me a good recipe for homemade peppermint schnapps. That plus hot cocoa warms a person even on the coldest nights.

Myggen

They really need to increase the length of the videos.

56 minutes just aint gonna cut it.

Seems like they're planning on releasing two videos a week, which will probably be one session cut into two videos. So I think 1 hour each episode is likely going forward, with some exceptions obviously (one being the cutscene that's over 70 minutes).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Kind of a dull episode. Drew is still so unbelievably clueless with these games lol

It's a bit funny that the slow period of the year (as it comes to game releases) results in a big spike of Giant Bomb content.

I think they should use the revolutionary coast-to-coast technology to compete in a bit different way, i.e. which coast is the first to complete the Lantern Run or play a full game of Mario Party 5.
My man. Here as well. Warm drinks are essential. Or booze. Or warm drinks + booze. My grandma gave me a good recipe for homemade peppermint schnapps. That plus hot cocoa warms a person even on the coldest nights.
I don't really mind cold weather as long as it's not windy. I'd rather have -20C without wind than windy -5C.

Teddified

I never understood why they didn't have drew read the manuals. I always read or skimmed them back in the day. Also with MGS4's install times you had plenty of time to read the manual while it installed.

A scale ten system will always be superior, that's just the truth of the matter. Common prefixes that give clear information with easier general conversion. Though I am a science man so I may be biased somewhat.

Megasoum

Banned
We use a weird mix of both systems here in Québec

Metrics for speed and distances but Imperial for Weight, Height.

Celcius for temps

Volotaire

In the UK, we use a mix.

In education, you are taught to use all metric units for mass, lengths and volume.

In everyday life , it's different. We use miles and yards for all our road signs and car speeds. For shorter distances, it's usually m in conversation. We use the metric system for weights most of the time, but some people still like referring to mass in stone and pounds. For milk we use pints as the predominant measure, with litres underneath. But, for all other liquids the metric system is used i.e. ml/l. Lengths are commonly measured in both but mostly in m. But, we definitely use celsius for temperature. It's easy. 0 is freezing. 100 is boiling. It snows around/above the 0 point. It freezes when we get to negative. Easy. Around 10 is average. Latter teens to 20 is where it gets hot.

Also, scaling in 10's and 100's is the easiest thing in the world. It is a bit of a shame we don't use km, km/h and m for road measurements.

Teddified

I switched to streaming and that seemed to fix the audio sync, but there are random "glitches" at times.

It's kinda been like this since they came back from E3.

Megasoum

Banned
I switched to streaming and that seemed to fix the audio sync, but there are random "glitches" at times.

It's kinda been like this since they came back from E3.

Yeah I've been noticing a lot of visual glitches lately on GB videos... I just assumed it was secret code to activate North Korean's agents tho so no biggie.

Myggen

Regarding the audio sync problems in Chrome and the visual glitches, edgework gave some answers in the thread I posted in the Bug Reporting part of the GB forums:

Yeah sorry. There's so much going on right now and this is but one of many open issues. Drew and Vinny need to talk with the video guys in GameSpot and they all want to standardize on bit rates etc.. I don't believe that's happened because there's a bunch of other stuff going on. Like jSlack said Giant Bomb's video bit rate got bumped way up when we had to move them to a different publishing platform and that set off a bunch of discussions that lead to open questions that are still open.

TL;DR We know, we're working it on. Herding cats.

In regards to the audio sync problem in Chrome, he said yesterday:

I've identified the problem. Hopefully any video published starting tomorrow shouldn't have this problem any more. I'm not sure if Vinny and Drew are going to be able to republish videos that currently have this problem. I doubt it since that's a huge task.

Videos played in the Quicktime player won't have this problem. This will only happen when using the HTML5 player in a browser.

Sorry!

Jothel

FMvxjBR.jpg
I don't know why the photo isn't working buts it's a picture of my ps4 and a new TV
Guys I did it! TV stand and the witcher will arrive tomorrow I guess.
These PSN download speeds are ass!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
FMvxjBR

I don't know why the photo isn't working buts it's a picture of my ps4 and a new TV
Guys I did it! TV stand and the witcher will arrive tomorrow I guess.
These PSN download speeds are ass!

felix got yo back but the reason it's not working is because you used the link to the imgur page, rather than the image itself.

Jothel

felix got yo back but the reason it's not working is because you used the link to the imgur page, rather than the image itself.
...a-ha, that's the only link it spat out when I uploaded it on my phone, sorted now though!

FMvxjBR.jpg
There you go, pal!
cheers Felix!
hey whatcha studying for, jothel?

They're my wife's English language books, she's fluent now so I thought I could use 'em until the more substantial shelf thing comes.
I'm actually studying for the Japanese language test, N2 level... just I need those books

I'm actually studying for the Japanese language test, N2 level... just I need those books

I'm working towards N4 but at this rate I'll fail the december test. OH WELL!

You talking about his books used as a TV Stand? lol

I used my Open GL book as a monitor stand for years... Was waayyyy more useful that way than actually reading it.

my tv at one point developed a tilt, currently there's an MLA handbook propping one side up

Jothel

I'm working towards N4 but at this rate I'll fail the december test. OH WELL!

Ah you'll be fine! December is a long time away and N4 isn't too bad (I'm probably biased due to living in Japan and being married to a Japanese lady BUT) hopefully you'll be fine. If you have any questions/whatever then let me know and I'll help if i can!

Sony should pack a powerline adapter with each PS4 until they stop being cheapasses and put in decent wifi in that machine. When the Wii U has better wifi than your machine is when you know you cut too many costs.

Jothel

Sony should pack a powerline adapter with each PS4 until they stop being cheapasses and put in decent wifi in that machine. When the Wii U has better wifi than your machine is when you know you cut too many costs.
Is there any way to improve it? It's gonna take like 3 hours to download 2gb... I'm gonna have to do my downloading at night

Doop

The part in Metal Gear Scanlon when Drew told the monkey and Dan was freaking out further confirmed that Dan is the American Karl Pilkington.

Is there any way to improve it? It's gonna take like 3 hours to download 2gb... I'm gonna have to do my downloading at night

yeah.

Try connecting it straight to your router.

The PS4 has notoriously terrible wifi. I bought a set of powerline adapters and never looked back. I couldn't even load Live with Playstation +50% of the time and everything took forever to download.

You can often find powerline adapters in Amazon's warehouse deals for a decent price. get the ones that can go up to 500 mbps and never look back.

danm999

Jesus christ I finished Lightning Returns and jesus christ. You all weren't kidding when you said it had to be seen to be believed.

The Battlestar fucking Galactica ending? For real? At first it was pretty standard fare power of friendship working together stock Final Fantasy stuff and then they flew to Earth and now Lightning apparently has a Eurail pass and is bumbing around the French countryside I mean wtf.

I know need to go watch Metal Gear Scanlon 4 because I feel that might ground me again.

same thing goes for vita, although i assume the number of people that have both a vita and a PSTV and are able to hardwire their PSTV are relatively low

but those download speeds...

same thing goes for vita, although i assume the number of people that have both a vita and a PSTV and are able to hardwire their PSTV are relatively low

but those download speeds...

I have an OG Vita and i never had any issues with downloads. Remote Play is a bit more finicky but i put that more on the PS4's wifi than my Vita's wifi. It works well when not direct connecting to the PS4 but cuts out and gets visually corrupt and latent outside of the room my PS4 is in when direct connected.

Jothel

yeah.

Try connecting it straight to your router.

The PS4 has notoriously terrible wifi. I bought a set of powerline adapters and never looked back. I couldn't even load Live with Playstation +50% of the time and everything took forever to download.

You can often find powerline adapters in Amazon's warehouse deals for a decent price. get the ones that can go up to 500 mbps and never look back.
Download in Rest mode. It's much faster.
Thanks will do both of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom