• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 5 in NA in 2015? Has that been confirmed? Is there even a set release date in Japan?

P5 is like the last guardian of Atlus games, it seems to theoretically exist but it always seems far off.

Joeku

The voice confusion thing always fascinates me. (I know, I'm like 3 pages behind.)

I remember when I first listened to the Bombcast way too many years ago I actually couldn't tell Jeff and Ryan apart. Which seems completely ridiculous to me now. Similar thing with many other podcasts.

The brain probably just adjusts to focus on the differentiating features instead of those that are similar. Also I found that it really helps when you actually see them talking, even if just once. That worked with me for Idle Thumbs, where I had gigantic difficulties telling Jake and Sean apart for the longest time.

I had these exact same two problems, along with differentiating between Travis and Justin McElroy on My Brother, My Brother and Me. They sounded so similar for a fair bit when I started listening earlier this year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
P5 seems way too solidly planned out and put together to be Last Guardian. The only people that have been hush hush about it have been fans.

I don't see why people think it's so far off.

this was confirmed 100 times by now recently at e3.

Yes, but I strongly doubt it'll actually happen.

P5 seems way too solidly planned out and put together to be Last Guardian. The only people that have been hush hush about it have been fans.

I don't see why people think it's so far off.
I think it's the fact that so little of it has been shown. I mean, sure, the persona games aren't know for their wall to wall marketing campaigns but as someone who has finished P3 and P4, I have 0 idea what is going on with P5. I was on GB when they posted the E3 trailer and it seemed like a whole lot of the same footage we had already seen, just packaged differently.

I know that it's about slaves and the motif is red this time and that there are shadows? I know more about the Persona 3 & 4 spinoff games before they came out than this, a legit Persona game release.

Nothing seems to point to a 2015 release regardless of the amount of times they say it'll happen. Theyre not being coy about their other Persona releases but P5 sure seems like it's not getting out there that much

I think it's the fact that so little of it has been shown. I mean, sure, the persona games aren't know for their wall to wall marketing campaigns but as someone who has finished P3 and P4, I have 0 idea what is going on with P5. I was on GB when they posted the E3 trailer and it seemed like a whole lot of the same footage we had already seen, just packaged differently.

I know that it's about slaves and the motif is red this time and that there are shadows? I know more about the Persona 3 & 4 spinoff games before they came out than this, a legit Persona game release.

Nothing seems to point to a 2015 release regardless of the amount of times they say it'll happen. Theyre not being coy about their other Persona releases but P5 sure seems like it's not getting out there that much

Well Atlus did say at E3 they don't want to spoil people and with their past track record i am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

Guys, I'm so happy Trackmania is back in my life <3

I figured TM2 wouldn't run on my computer but this version of Stadium is the exact same. What exactly are the demo restrictions?

TraBuch

Banned
Persona 4 was first revealed in Famitsu on March 2008, it was released in Japan on July 2008 and in the US on December 2008.

Just because not much of Persona 5's been shown so far doesn't mean it can't be released in the next few months, and then a few months after that here.

Persona 4 was first revealed in Famitsu on March 2008, it was released in Japan on July 2008 and in the US on December 2008.

Just because not much of Persona 5's been shown so far doesn't mean it can't be released in the next few months, and then a few months after that here.

This as well. I just see the release between the japanese version & american version to be shorter this time due to how big this game is.

I'm pretty sure Danny mentioned that they screwed up and couldn't fit it into their schedules.

Ah well! I really want them to do a hardcore fitness/weight loss show with Drew. He's mentioned being heavier as a young adult and I'm really curious how he lost all that. Drew in general seems like a super interesting guy.

The spin offs certainly have wall to wall marketing campaigns but at the same time P5 doesn't really need that, the spin offs are new entirely different genres that they need to convince fans to try, P5 is the game people have been waiting years for. Atlus is clearly content with drip feeding information and teasing people along the way and it's worked damn well for them so far.

Plus there have been things like earnings calls pointing to a winter 2015 release, the next persona magazine releases in winter and those commonly come out when a new game releases and then there's the numerous times we've been told 2015 by Atlus USA.

That game will release in 2015.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I finished mgs4. I must have liked it because I played through it all pretty quick, but I feel like it's probably my least favourite game in the series. I don't know if it'll be quite as fun as the previous games to watch Drew play though.

MGS4 is where it goes completely off the rails in a way that I think will result in some great reactions from Drew. It's probably the game I've looked forward to seeing them play the most but that is definitely partly because I've only played it once and I don't really want to play it again myself.

Volotaire

I finished mgs4. I must have liked it because I played through it all pretty quick, but I feel like it's probably my least favourite game in the series. I don't know if it'll be quite as fun as the previous games to watch Drew play though.

He won't struggle as much since you can play most of the game as a shooter. So that might not be as enjoyable not seeing him as frustrated. But, I think seeing his reactions to the cutscenes ad getting frustrated on Act 3 and some CQC will be hilarious. It will be a good series.

Dan was not joking about entire episodes being cutscenes. I thought most people were exaggerating with 20 minute cutscene lengths.

"Old Scanlon box-art"
2763991-oldscanlonboxart2.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
He won't struggle as much since you can play most of the game as a shooter. So that might not be as enjoyable not seeing him as frustrated. But I think seeing his reactions to the cutscenes ad getting frustrated on Act 3 and some CQC will be hilarious. It will be a good series.

Dan was not joking about entire episodes being cutscenes. I thought most people were exaggerating with 20 minute cutscene lengths.

Yeah I think it'll still be good. I'm mostly just thinking of all the long, slightly less interesting cutscenes.

It'll definitely be easier for him. I played on normal and died 8 times, at least half of those on one boss when I was trying to figure out what to do. And you pretty much never have to worry about weapons/ammo.

Volotaire

I'm going to be sad when MG Scanlon is over. I guess they can do Ground Zeroes relatively quickly. I would still love a Legend of Scanlon.

I've seen a number of people suggest a feature where Drew plays Zelda but do you think it would be that entertaining. I love Zelda and I love Drew but seeing him forget that you have to light torches or shoot eyes with arrows to open doors might only be funny the first 50 times.

Volotaire

I've seen a number of people suggest a feature where Drew plays Zelda but do you think it would be that entertaining. I love Zelda and I love Drew but seeing him forget that you have to light torches or shoot eyes with arrows to open doors might only be funny the first 50 times.

Yes, the Zelda structure might not lend itself to entertaining moments (even the moment to moment gameplay) as much as MGS (which is a linear playbox). You would need someone who knows OOT/WW/TP/whichever Zelda game to help out in case it takes much too long.

Oh no, that would be torture for me. I like the MGS games, but I know many Zelda games front to back.

You know what though? I don't think any Link's Awakening has ever been played on Giant Bomb, and that can't stand. It is, after all, the best 2D Zelda.

Myggen

I don't really care about whether I know a game or not because I rarely get frustrated watching others play games, even if they play them "poorly". But I think a series like Zelda rarely lends itself to good playthroughs. The best games to watch others play are games with some jank and silly moments, which is why I think something like the Yakuza games are pretty much perfect Let's Play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom