• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

What's a HoW and how is it a more major release than Axiom Verge

House of Wolves.

I got nothing against indies, I'm just wondering what big games he finished this year so far. You guys can calm down with your defense force shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
House of Wolves.

I got nothing against indies, I'm just wondering what big games he finished this year so far. You guys can calm down with your defense force shit.

I honestly had no idea what HoW meant, and also object to any DLC ever being called a "major release".

Beyond that, I can't think of a single AAA game released this year other than Batman and Witcher 3, so I couldn't really figure out what games you were thinking he skipped.

edit: Right, I guess he did drop Bloodborne too so there's that. And he finished the Order. Which probably counts as a major release. Yay major releases.

The major releases this year freedom. Oh wait, I just remembered he finished HoW.
I don't know that an hour long piece of DLC counts as a big game, however he has finished Hardline, MKX and the Order. I feel like most of the crew has beaten somewhere around that number, there's not been a lot of great stuff early this year if you're looking at big games.

LiK

I honestly had no idea what HoW meant, and also object to any DLC ever being called a "major release".

Beyond that, I can't think of a single AAA game released this year other than Batman and Witcher 3, so I couldn't really figure out what games you were thinking he skipped.

edit: Right, I guess he did drop Bloodborne too so there's that. And he finished the Order. Which probably counts as a major release. Yay major releases.

I don't know that an hour long piece of DLC counts as a big game, however he has finished Hardline, MKX and the Order. I feel like most of the crew has beaten somewhere around that number, there's not been a lot of great stuff early this year if you're looking at big games.

I'm just wondering if he'll end up sitting on the sidelines during the GOTY discussions when they discuss major titles that came out this year. That's all.

daydream

Banned
he played all those games a fair amount so i doubt he'll be sitting on the sidelines but instead voicing his opinion on them

LiK

he played all those games a fair amount so i doubt he'll be sitting on the sidelines but instead voicing his opinion on them

When they start talking about Best Story and Best Characters, he won't be chiming in as much which would be a bummer. Some of the characters in TW3 and Batman for so good!

He played a lot of them he just didn't stick with them and some he played longer than others. I think the end of the year has most of the stuff that he'll be interested in and a lot of that stuff will come up in GOTY.

He'll probably more or less be sitting out when the Witcher and maybe Batman come up though, he didn't seem to sink a lot of time into those.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Who knows, maybe Jeff will even jump back in when they patch the movement of the Witcher.

That sounds altogether likely, right?

Quentyn

Man, I completely forgot that Hardline came out this year.

Same with Evolve. These games came out and one month later most people forgot that they existed.

I'm just wondering if he'll end up sitting on the sidelines during the GOTY discussions when they discuss major titles that came out this year. That's all.

Eh, i don't think not finishing games makes his criticism any less valid. An argument can be made that the game failed him if it wasn't able to maintain his attention. He's never been a big RPG guy outside of maybe the Mass Effect games and AK isn't hitting as hard as AC or AA did. I don't think AK is going to find itself atop many GOTY lists this year.

Mind you, i don't think Jeff's ever pushed hard for his favorite game to be #1 and succeeded outside of GTAIV in 2008 and even then at times he seemed really torn between that and MGS4. He's never really been a kingmaker in that regards.

Now Brad, that guy is a dangerous wild card every single year.

And we can talk about GOTYs now that we're in the back half of the year.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anyway best character and best game have already been settled, no need to look in any releases major or minor for the rest of the year.

grow_home_spinning_by_digi_matrix-d8gtn87.gif

I've had more fun with Battlefield Hardline than Witcher 3. I feel ashamed?

edit: also man packed schedule this week! hopefully we get a BEAST stream too!

LiK

Man, I completely forgot that Hardline came out this year.

Same with Evolve. These games came out and one month later most people forgot that they existed.

Oh yea, Hardline was this year...

Eh, i don't think not finishing games makes his criticism any less valid. An argument can be made that the game failed him if it wasn't able to maintain his attention. He's never been a big RPG guy outside of maybe the Mass Effect games and AK isn't hitting as hard as AC or AA did. I don't think AK is going to find itself atop many GOTY lists this year.

Mind you, i don't think Jeff's ever pushed hard for his favorite game to be #1 and succeeded outside of GTAIV in 2008 and even then at times he seemed really torn between that and MGS4. He's never really been a kingmaker in that regards.

Now Brad, that guy is a dangerous wild card every single year.

And we can talk about GOTYs now that we're in the back half of the year.

Yea, I know. I guess I can still listen to Jeff's reactions to when the crew argues over the games he did not finish.

And yes, watch out for Bradley!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
did jeff ever finish wwe supercard

Brashnir

When they start talking about Best Story and Best Characters, he won't be chiming in as much which would be a bummer. Some of the characters in TW3 and Batman for so good!

Those two categories are already in the bag.

PrTiKv7.jpg

There's no reason to think the PC version won't have server plugins.

And I feel like Her Story is interesting more for the presentation and unique way it uses the medium than the actual content which is your fairy typical
crazy woman silliness.

LiK

Wait a min, this year's GOTY is gonna be real good with Austin joining, amirite. I can sense some major deep debates.

Wait a min, this year's GOTY is gonna be real good with Austin joining, amirite. I can sense some major deep debates.

I can sense Alex and Austin making a really deep argument for an art game in the best story category while Dan just says "NAH, Metal Gear 5! Kojima!" over and over again.

I can sense Alex and Austin making a really deep argument for an art game in the best story category while Dan just says "NAH, Metal Gear 5! Kojima!" over and over again.

and nobody can do anything about it because he'll be the only person to have absorbed all of the game's story by the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom