• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
2584498-4118107052-Va32a.png

repeater

Nah, Jeff on the Bombcast has been on fire lately too much to give it up. From the Nintendo Playstation history lesson to the Destiny rants he's really brought something Beastcast can't keep up with, and I suspect part of it is Austin piping up with "yeah," "uh huh" when someone's in the middle of talking honestly.
Dan's not sociopolitically aware enough, and Austin makes irritating "yeah" and "uh huh" noises.

You seem pretty hard to please.

Myggen

YO WHATS UP IM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT THE MEGA64 CAST IS THE BESTCAST

Giant Bomb Gaming Minute for best podcast 2015.

What about that Match 3?

edit: I hope GB Unarchived can upload Dan's Rocket League stream soon, Twitch archive has started to straight up not work for me.

Myggen

I don't think this has been posted here? If it has, please ignore.

Tim Follin (creator of Contradiction, legendary game composer) created a thread on the GB forums 3 hours ago:

Hi - just thought I'd say thank you to Giant Bomb for totally getting my crazy game and for all the nice things people are saying! And the bad things. (Especially the bad things.)

To put it in perspective - the script we all worked from was still called 'demo script' up until almost we started shooting, I always planned to make a cheap demo first, then see what was wrong with it, try and fix it and turn it into a 'proper' game, but filming it and making it was just so much f..ing work I realised early on I'd have to go for it, but with practically no budget I had to ditch a ton of things I wanted in it and relegate them to 'the sequel' - so if I do get to make another one it'll hopefully be a ton better! Still won't take itself seriously though...

So yes it's full of 'quirks' (i.e, enormous bugs) both in the script and God knows in the programming, but I had to teach myself to program to make this (it's a Node-Webkit / Javascript game) so any real programmer would laugh / cry at the coding. But my goal was to make something entertaining and stupid and definitely not taking itself seriously, so thanks Giant Bomb and everyone else for 'getting' that!!

He's also responding to people asking him questions etc.

TraBuch

Banned
What're the chances this is a Tommy Wiseau situation where the movie/game was actually supposed to be completely serious, but after seeing the reaction to it, the creator just said "fuck it, it was meant to be funny the entire time"?

Myggen

What're the chances this is a Tommy Wiseau situation where the movie/game was actually supposed to be completely serious, but after seeing the reaction to it, the creator just said "fuck it, it was meant to be funny the entire time"?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

robotrock

Banned

We will have to wait for the sequel to find out.

no way. and his explanation makes too much sense. I'm sure to some extent it came from a place of sincerity, but you'll never convince me that Jenks and Rand weren't that hammy on purpose.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
no way. and his explanation makes too much sense. I'm sure to some extent it came from a place of sincerity, but you'll never convince me that Jenks and Rand weren't that hammy on purpose.

I love the way jenks does his exaggerated "nooo, that's ok!" whenever someone is like "should I know what that is?" I think that sort of thing has to be intentional.

I'd say pretty slim. The guy would have to be pretty oblivious to not be aware of the funny performance of the main actor.

Well it's not a comedy piece.

There are quite a lot of detective series like this in the UK so they've gone for that while being self aware it's a bit daft.

It's pretty clear you have to play it straight to get that desired effect.

There's no way these guys thought they were making high art. It's clear they are having fun with it while appreciating that they'd like to tell a mystery story.

Frenden

Banned
Comparing Contradiction to The Room isn't fair. Contradiction's performances are way more solid. Jenks chews some scenery, sure, but he's the tonal foil for how self serious the antagonists/suspects are. And it works.

Myggen

Well it's not a comedy piece.

There are quite a lot of detective series like this in the UK so they've gone for that while being self aware it's a bit daft.

It's pretty clear you have to play it straight to get that desired effect.

There's no way these guys thought they were making high art. It's clear they are having fun with it while appreciating that they'd like to tell a mystery story.

Yeah, that's my take on it as well.

jaina

Hopefully Everybody's Gold for PS4 won't be too far off....

Mario Gold on the 3DS was alright, but light on content as well. ok with the season pass, but that really shouldn't be a requirement.

Haha, fun autocorrect you got there. I guess we'll hear more about the next Everybody's/Hot Shots at TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom