• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Oh son of a bitch there's probably gonna be like an hour of fighting game talk this week, isn't there?

Ugh.

Hopefully the Beastcast stays pure. Then again they spent a half hour on god damn hockey.

FluxWaveZ

Oh son of a bitch there's probably gonna be like an hour of fighting game talk this week, isn't there?

Ugh.

Hopefully the Beastcast stays pure. Then again they spent a half hour on god damn hockey.

Austin Walker was watching the tournament with the rest of us in the GB chat, and he was very much into it (as anyone watching would be).

Though he probably won't have many people to bounce the enthusiasm off of.

demidar

They had 120 lap endurances in Gran Turismo 3 (the last Gran Turismo I played). I can only assume it's somewhat based in reality.

I, of course, didn't do them.

Now for another 3 to 4 hours of live wrestling.

so what's a bigger robbery

gamerbee or
kevin fucking owens

Gamerbee felt like he won in his loss. The other was just like
tumblr_nlcnhmHd7u1qjj817o1_r1_400.gif

so what's a bigger robbery

gamerbee or
kevin fucking owens

IMO
Owens kicked out of everything Cena threw at him - including a top rope AA - if Cena had to win (for reasons), they made Ownes look stronger than anyone else on the roster in that loss

I kinda don't mind the loss, Cena with the US title is okay in my book. It keeps him out of main title feud at least, and they can debut new people week in week out.against him

Also, Owens can now move on to someone else, and hopefully stay compelling for months to come. They have already teased Sami Zayn vs Owens for 2016, and if Owners can stay relevant for that long, they can debut Zayn, and have great matches on the main roster,

Good lord do they really do 67 laps in real F1 racing?

F1 races are around 2 hours, but each track is a different length. They will do a different number of laps on different tracks that adds up to around 2 hours. i think there is also a rule that most races have to exceed 300 kilometers.

Tan

Austin Walker was watching the tournament with the rest of us in the GB chat, and he was very much into it (as anyone watching would be).

Though he probably won't have many people to bounce the enthusiasm off of.

Judging by Alex's tweets he was watching it throughout the day too.

Hopefully Owens v. Cena turns into Owens v. Cena v. Cesaro because holy shit he's been on fire this month.

Best case scenario would've been Owens winning the title tonight leading to a Cesaro Owens feud, but I guess they got to save that for Wrestlemania (lol) since
Zayn isn't healthy enough to cost him the belt yet

Everyone was watching EVO except for Dan and Keyser.

saw enough to know that you should never buy a razer product of any kind

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
F1 races are around 2 hours, but each track is a different length. They will do a different number of laps on different tracks that adds up to around 2 hours. i think there is also a rule that most races have to exceed 300 kilometers.

2 hours of a track that can usually be finished in 2 minutes sounds excruciating.

This is coming from a guy who would happily watch test cricket as well.

justjim89

Better than an hour of Destiny talk.

I disagree. I'd rather hear about Destiny's latest con against poor suckers like Brad instead of a bunch of nonsensical fighting game jargon interspersed with asinine gamertags.

I'm sorry I just really hate fighting games and pretty much everything surrounding them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Gamebee sounds awesome what is....Oh it's just some evo thing. Yawn. Moving on.
Don't get where all this buzz is coming from.

Jintor

to be fair the infiltration v gamerbee losers finals was fucking exhausting. that must've gone for like a half hour too right?

Myggen

That's pretty amazing. I generally find fighting game tournaments really boring to watch, especially SF4, but I like watching the absolute highlights. Will bookmark for later.

That's pretty amazing. I generally find fighting game tournaments really boring to watch, especially SF4, but I like watching the absolute highlights. Will bookmark for later.

There's a bunch more to the story with him fighting through the losers bracket, the crazy intense losers finals against Infiltration, and winning the whole first set of the grand finals against Momochi. A lot of his matches were based around crazy comebacks and it seemed like he was going to pull the biggest comeback by winning the grand finals out of losers... then the situation happened in the final match.

There's a bunch more to the story with him fighting through the losers bracket, the crazy intense losers finals against Infiltration, and winning the whole first set of the grand finals against Momochi. A lot of his matches were based around crazy comebacks and it seemed like he was going to pull the biggest comeback by winning the grand finals out of losers... then the situation happened in the final match.
Sounds like this is worth catching up on later, even if I don't find SF4 to be especially exciting to watch.

Xater

saw enough to know that you should never buy a razer product of any kind

I once bought Razer mouse, it failed right out of the box. Never bought another one of their products, especially after I have read the failure I had was very common. This finals match was also not good advertisement for them.

I once bought Razer mouse, it failed right out of the box. Never bought another one of their products, especially after I have read the failure I had was very common. This finals match was also not good advertisement for them.

Mad Catz has to be loving that he lost a round due to a faulty Razer stick, but still won the whole thing when switching to one of their sticks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hope SF5 is great, because I really want to get back to watching Evo. SF4 is just boring to watch for me, and guilty gear needs one more iteration before I jump in.

Xater

I hope SF5 is great, because I really want to get back to watching Evo. SF4 is just boring to watch for me, and guilty gear needs one more iteration before I jump in.

Yeah, yesterday I learned you can't tech throws in Sign. Revelatory is coming and I might jump in then. Gonna get a stick anyway for SFV.

Mad Catz has to be loving that he lost a round due to a faulty Razer stick, but still won the whole thing when switching to one of their sticks.

Haha, yeah. Never had issues with a TE. I kinda want a TE2 but the asking price is a bit much. Might just go with a Hori or maybe a Qanba once they are out with a PS4 stick.

I've already displayed my fighting game ignorance once this week on Fighter-GAF (didn't know SF V was going to be cross-play) so I don't want to push it by further asking if my original TE stick (for 360) will work with the PC version of SF V.

I imagine it would given that it works fine on PC as it is but...I can't be sure.

I've already displayed my fighting game ignorance once this week on Fighter-GAF (didn't know SF V was going to be cross-play) so I don't want to push it by further asking if my original TE stick (for 360) will work with the PC version of SF V.

I imagine it would given that it works fine on PC as it is but...I can't be sure.

If the stick works on PC, then it'll work with SFV. You might need to download the right drivers to make it compatible if it doesn't work.

There's gonna be a beta for PC down the line for SFV. Try it out with that.

FluxWaveZ

Sounds like this is worth catching up on later, even if I don't find SF4 to be especially exciting to watch.

The games can be really fun to watch, even if you're not a fan of the games themselves. I don't like playing or even really watching competitive MKX, for example, yet the MKX finals were more entertaining than I thought they'd be (even though they were easily eclipsed by others). It helps that there's history between players, sub-stories in the finals (e.g. Woshige getting up mid-match, losing for it, and then running the bracket back up) and good commentators.

Even Nintendo's starting to get it!

The games can be really fun to watch, even if you're not a fan of the games themselves. I don't like playing or even really watching competitive MKX, for example, yet the MKX finals were more entertaining than I thought they'd be (even though they were easily eclipsed by others). It helps that there's history between players, sub-stories in the finals (e.g. Woshige getting up mid-match, losing for it, and then running the bracket back up) and good commentators.
I totally agree, EVO is kind of the only time I'm likely to watch the games that I'm not really interested in.

I bought Contradiction thanks to GBeast !

I quite enjoyed the puzzles and bad-B-Movies FMV but was disappointed by the stories after I finished the game. Nothing happened much and too many stuffs were left unanswered. I know they want some leads to the sequel but I don't think leaving players hanging is a good way to do it.

FluxWaveZ

What's so controversial about this? Just...reconnect the controller? Am I missing something here?

You can't just do that in a competitive match literally worth approximately $33,362. Pausing in the middle of a game has a plethora of factors to it which does not make simply resuming the game viable in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom