• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't seem to have noticed, but Rocket League is actually a take on the sport soccer. There are some small things that give it away.

On that fact, I actually kinda want to see some Rocket League spin-offs. One would be kickball (for those that don't know kickball is baseball, but instead of a pitcher and a batter, someone on the mound rolls a ball to a kicker) and the other would be dodgeball.

On that fact, I actually kinda want to see some Rocket League spin-offs. One would be kickball (for those that don't know kickball is baseball, but instead of a pitcher and a batter, someone on the mound rolls a ball to a kicker) and the other would be dodgeball.

I'd say basketball, but we already got Globetrotters vs Generals on the Us vs Them stream.

LiK

Finished all the Contradiction videos. LOL, this is pure gold. So hilarious and the reactions have been great. I'm gonna buy the game and support this dev. It's so quirky and campy. Love everything about it. Jenks is a legend.

Brashnir

That could be really interesting, especially if (to score a basket) you are required to master the aerial stuff.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the size and height of the hoop. You can bounce the ball up in the air from the ground relatively consistently, and if you put the hoop at a reasonable height and big enough to score, you could potentiallly score from the ground.

They could also alter the car hitboxes for basketball mode, causing the ball to go airborne from ground strikes more often.

Also, think of the alley-oops for those people who do master aerials.

Myggen

Ranking of Fighters 0002 made me laugh.

Also, I just can't imagine the dedication it takes to make a Trackmania map like the one Patrick tweeted out, holy shit that's incredible.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Did anyone play mercenary kings and like it? It's in the latest humble bundle that I bought (mainly for endless space), and remember gb not liking it much because of some of its monster hunterness.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Did anyone play mercenary kings and like it? It's in the latest humble bundle that I bought (mainly for endless space), and remember gb not liking it much because of some of its monster hunterness.

No, it sucks.

If you have absolutely nothing else to play and love grinding, then try it out.

I did but it's got a TON of issues with pacing and grinding etc, some stages being really annoyingly complicated

I dunno man. I played like 40 hours of it and never beat it, and I'm not even sure I could recommend it. but I enjoyed a lot of it.

FStop7

Banned
I feel like I'm really missing something with Contradiction. I watched the QL. I watched the supplemental. I don't get it, why it's such a thing. I feel the same way I do when I try to "get" Pewdiepie or Goat Simulator. Is it a "oh look how crazy it is it's so bad it's good" ironic humor thing?

I feel like I'm really missing something with Contradiction. I watched the QL. I watched the supplemental. I don't get it, why it's such a thing. I feel the same way I do when I try to "get" Pewdiepie or Goat Simulator. Is it a "oh look how crazy it is it's so bad it's good" ironic humor thing?

It started off as a so bad it's good, but as it kept going everyone kind of realized it's a decent adventure type game with campy acting that's genuinely endearing.

Kelas

No, it sucks.

If you have absolutely nothing else to play and love grinding, then try it out.

I did but it's got a TON of issues with pacing and grinding etc, some stages being really annoyingly complicated

I dunno man. I played like 40 hours of it and never beat it, and I'm not even sure I could recommend it. but I enjoyed a lot of it.

Alright, thanks. It's tiny so I installed it, I may as well give it a few minutes at least.

I know exactly how that banana stays on
in

Is the new Bikini Slayers supposed to be a half decent half in slash or is it still just terrible?

DamnBoxes

For me it's not the game on its' own, it's the blend of the game and the Beast crew. They're all-in on the experience and their enthusiasm towards the game is contagious.

My Contradiction high has started to mellow out now that I realize it's probably not going to enter the realm of cosmic horror like I was hoping

I think it started out as a so bad it's good thing but it eventually changed to just being good.

I think to appreciate Contradiction you have to appreciate campy films. It also helps to have a nostalgia for FMV games but isn't really necessary. Contradiction would work perfectly well as a campy TV show that is under budget but makes up for it by being thoroughly overacted.

Basically, if you have a soul then you can appreciate Contradiction. Maybe you need to do some soul searching?

robotrock

Banned
Did Dan spoil the thing about
Olga's daughter?

I haven't played the game since launch, so I kinda forget how all of these reveals were actually revealed.

Nishastra

Banned
No, it's not ironic in the slightest. It's a fantastic FMV game.

Some people clearly went into it with a "ha ha how dumb" approach, but it's one of the best FMV games ever made (even if that isn't actually saying much, considering most FMV games are terrible).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Have the GB crew ever talked about Peace Walker in long form, on a podcast or video?

I looked up the original PSP release date and it seems like it came out during E3 week so it doesn't seem like they talked about it since they were in the hustle and bustle of E3.

I watched the QL but it was all really early game stuff.

Did anyone on the GB crew finish the game, or get far in it? I just beat the game for the first time with the HD collection and was interested in hearing some of GB's thoughts.

Kelas

Did Dan spoil the thing about
Olga's daughter?

I haven't played the game since launch, so I kinda forget how all of these reveals were actually revealed.

Kind of. I think. I can't remember when Dan said it, but you can see
her picture on the wall when Sunny goes up to the kitchen in the first briefing and come to that conclusion yourself. They focus on the picture more at the beginning of act 2's briefing.
I can't remember when they explicitly state it. It might not be until
Naomi is helping Sunny with the eggs

popo

Kind of surprising how much they're playing of Contradiction, considering not too long ago they were talking about how they didn't want to completely play through a new released game on camera

Given how much the dev is posting about it, and getting the actors to do so too, I would not be surprised if GB got his blessing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So with the newest store update did PSN get rid of the 'new this week' 'new this month' options?

Did they seriously get rid of the only easy to navigate thing in the entire storefront?

Kelas

the stuff with Sunny was well known well before the game came out. That's like complaining that Thanos is in a movie

In this case though it's a "spoiler" for drew, because it's very unlikely he knew any of that, and wouldn't have known until the game presented it to him. Not that it really matters or anything, but there's really no need for dan to be piecing anything together for drew before the game does.

Myggen

oJRbQZz.gif

In this case though it's a "spoiler" for drew, because it's very unlikely he knew any of that, and wouldn't have known until the game presented it to him. Not that it really matters or anything, but there's really no need for dan to be piecing anything together for drew before the game does.

Drew barely remembered what dan was talking about regarding Sunny anyhow so the whole thing seems silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom