• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that in general they seem to be getting into a more regular content schedule, but man, one more MGScanlon a week would be really great.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the way they schedule things though, because it feels like most weeks that they trickle out content that they sit on for almost a week sometimes, just so they can drag the week out and say "ok, we got A video to post this day" I mean come on, I'm not a big fan of twitch streamers, or youtube personalities, but even those people put out more content sometimes, and we're talking about a website built around this stuff that spans east and west coast now.

justjim89

Maybe it's just because I haven't played a WWE game since Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 or so for the Wii, but WWE 2K15 plays really well. Bit the bullet on the PC version today and I don't get Dan or Jeff's complaints. It's definitely not fully featured but the wrestling itself feels good. Glad to have WWE games coming out on PC.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the way they schedule things though, because it feels like most weeks that they trickle out content that they sit on for almost a week sometimes, just so they can drag the week out and say "ok, we got A video to post this day" I mean come on, I'm not a big fan of twitch streamers, or youtube personalities, but even those people put out more content sometimes, and we're talking about a website built around this stuff that spans east and west coast now.

I mean, it's better than putting a ton of content up one day and then being light the rest of the week. They also do a lot more business-planning stuff than Youtubers do. I can't find it now, but Vinny had a pretty good post here a few months back about how busy his day is not even factoring in playing and recording video games.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty strong, I feel like.

I mean, it's better than putting a ton of content up one day and then being light the rest of the week. They also do a lot more business-planning stuff than Youtubers do. I can't find it now, but Vinny had a pretty good post here a few months back about how busy his day is not even factoring in playing and recording video games.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty strong, I feel like.

I just feel like they should get with the times, giantbomb has been progressive in some ways, and archaic in others. They play video games sitting at their desks, so they can either review or get a feel for them...turn that shit into content! Even if they're not providing commentary, broadcast your gameplay via the ps4 or xbox one sharing ability. I'm sure they got users like myself who'd be willing to watch that stuff in the background.

Everything can be content, but they act like it has to be some planned production.

hamchan

What ever happened to that one dude from Gamespot who was flying a drone over the White House?

No tweets from Ryan Macdonald in a while too. Maybe the government made him disappear. I'm sure he's living somewhere peacefully with the U.S. government doing absolutely nothing to him, yup yup.

The last few weeks have been VERY strong. Contradiction is the most I've enjoyed a GB feature in a while. The Beastcast is great. VinnyVania has been good with Austin joining in. UPF has been better than average.

valeo

I just feel like they should get with the times, giantbomb has been progressive in some ways, and archaic in others. They play video games sitting at their desks, so they can either review or get a feel for them...turn that shit into content! Even if they're not providing commentary, broadcast your gameplay via the ps4 or xbox one sharing ability. I'm sure they got users like myself who'd be willing to watch that stuff in the background.

Everything can be content, but they act like it has to be some planned production.

There is such a thing as too much content.

Most of the youtubers get stale when they can't figure out something different to do.

Not many people who watch giantbomb would have time to watch much more than what is on there at the moment too - christ, for me it's even a stretch listening to two podcasts from them a week.

Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic is pretty cool.

Most of the youtubers get stale when they can't figure out something different to do.

Not many people who watch giantbomb would have time to watch much more than what is on there at the moment too - christ, for me it's even a stretch listening to two podcasts from them a week.

I have a podcast backlog. Feels weird.

I guess maybe I'm not the norm then. I'm an oddball who doesn't really watch anything else except giantbomb content when I'm not gaming myself. I sometimes browse other youtube channels, only to get bored, but I never and I mean NEVER watch movies or tv shows really. I only enjoy a movie when I go to the theater these days, because then I feel like I'm out doing something. If I try watching a movie at home, I get bored.

Watching giantbomb content in the background feels like I'm listening to like minded people, and it relaxes me. Guess since I've been watching them since 2008, I feel like they're friends I never have. Still don't have any friends in my life.

Yeah I would rather go in the direction of having a smaller amount of content and making it consistently high-quality rather than "I dunno here's a 3 hour PS4 stream of me dicking around with God of War III Remastered" or whatever. I have maybe 30-60 minutes a day to watch GB stuff with and I don't want to have to spend time curating what content is actually worth watching and what is just background noise.

EDIT: In case you were wondering I did just now realize the irony of saying this as a regular poster in a thread that is basically all about curating Giant Bomb content

Yeah I would rather go in the direction of having a smaller amount of content and making it consistently high-quality rather than "I dunno here's a 3 hour PS4 stream of me dicking around with God of War III Remastered" or whatever. I have maybe 30-60 minutes a day to watch GB stuff with and I don't want to have to spend time curating what content is actually worth watching and what is just background noise.

Yeah, I'm the same time-wise. I don't even try to keep up with Quick Looks unless I'm interested in the game or hear it's a really good one from people here.

LiK

Damn, listening back to Patrick talk about DanganRonpa on GOTY reminded me he won't be on to talk about DanganRonpa AE for this year. Oh well

hamchan

Damn, listening back to Patrick talk about DanganRonpa on GOTY reminded me he won't be on to talk about DanganRonpa AE for this year. Oh well

Oh man maybe we'll have less "I don't think this game should be on this top list but I just wanted to bring it up randomly to give it some props."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Gosh I really wanted him to champion the mechanical hands groping minigame as the best new mechanic of 2015.

Drew should seriously consider playing MGS4 with a DS4. I think it supports it, and it's a far superior controller for aiming.

Edit: also worth nothing this is the first part of the game that actually feels like you're playing a metal gear solid game.

This next episode of MGS4 is going to be 5 minutes of gameplay and 55 minutes of cutscenes isnt it?

These end and start of act transistions are pretty drawn out if I remember my MGS4.

FStop7

Banned
Samurai Shodown has to be near the top, though I think SS2 was better. Honestly, SS2 could be the second greatest fighting game of all time, after one of the Street Fighter II variants.

I think the list would look something like Street Fighter II, Samurai Shodown 2, Soul Calibur.

Zebetite

Banned
Samurai Shodown has to be near the top, though I think SS2 was better. Honestly, SS2 could be the second greatest fighting game of all time, after one of the Street Fighter II variants.

I think the list would look something like Street Fighter II, Samurai Shodown 2, Soul Calibur.

Any Top 3 fighting game list that isn't trapped in the new world of Street Fighter III isn't a list worth keeping.

Heel

Hey look Jason, somebody found some of your wrasslin footage. :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkse5i_twe-rage-cast-1_sport?start=80

0099_2bjto.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom