• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They don't tend to ask you questions in Australian jury selection in my experience.

You need to project crazy through your appearance.

So you're saying that it's totally ok if I go there completely in the nude?

I guess I don't mind jury duty as such, it's just that I'm afraid that I'll sit in a murder trail where the murderer will systemically seek each juror and murder them once he has served his sentence. Which I'm not sure is entirely rational.

Jintor

I guess I don't mind jury duty as such, it's just that I'm afraid that I'll sit in a murder trail where the murderer will systemically seek each juror and murder them once he has served his sentence. Which I'm not sure is entirely rational.

that doesn't happen. australian murderers tend to understand that the jury process is a matter of civic duty and harbour no grudges against those who send them to their terrible fates.

besides, you usually end up on some shitty drug case

Jothel

Just watching the Capsule Force unfinished and what the hell when did this happen? A Vinny and Jeff video I've not seen before? Why was he even there then?

hamchan

How about those juries where you get targeted and bribed to give a certain verdict. You could get out of the system a wealthy man.

Antiwhippy

that doesn't happen. australian murderers tend to understand that the jury process is a matter of civic duty and harbour no grudges against those who send them to their terrible fates.

But then they'll seek me out and shoot me up with heroin as part of their revenge!

danm999

You probably won't get picked regardless. In major cities they typically invite about 100 people a case and you'll just end up losing that day.

I dodged a real fucking bullet earlier this year when the trial I didn't get picked for was a mother who killed her three year old by not taking him to the hospital for three days after someone savagely beat him.

I did not need 8 weeks of that.

Jintor

It's an amazing movie (old version)

man I totally forgot that nanomachines just gave everybody squad sight. we xcom now

Jintor

I dodged a real fucking bullet earlier this year when the trial I didn't get picked for was a mother who killed her three year old by not taking him to the hospital for three days after someone savagely beat him.

I did not need 8 weeks of that.

one of the major thing really dissuading me from going full on into criminal law. (or family, for that matter)

Balb

It's been 7 years and I'm still blown away by graphics in MGS4. To this day it still has some of the most believable faces in video games.

danm999

one of the major thing really dissuading me from going full on into criminal law. (or family, for that matter)

Yeah I work with a guy who used to work in family law and criminal law, and he said the former was way worse because there was this casual erosion of your sole that went on in almost every case.

Xater

It's been 7 years and I'm still blown away by graphics in MGS4. To this day it still has some of the most believable faces in video games.

Really? I was impressed back then but now the mouths especially look so silly. Today's facial animation is by far superior.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
This might be a weird question but was there no QL for Ivy the Kiwi? I distinctly remember Ryan saying the title out loud and emphasising the question mark a whole lot and I'm pretty sure I watched him play it with Jeff.

I'm glad Brad ended up doing a feature on Bloodborne recently, it ended up getting me back into the game and giving it another attempt. I was stuck forever not really knowing where to go somewhere right before the wooded area. After watching the first Breaking Bradborne it got me to go back and in the past two weeks or so I've made a lot of progress and it's ended up probably being one of my favorite games of all time. Finally getting past Rom and piecing together the little bits of lore that I understand has made it impossible for me to put down the controller or stop reading about lore when I'm not playing.

Way late to the party, but god damn this game.

But he's not wrong. Every time they've done a fighting game thing it turns into Saltstriker.

sou086-salt-powered-motorcycle-toy.jpg

It's no surprise that Jason was in the Salty Suites in his youth, as recounted on this week's Bombcast.

Gosh I really wanted him to champion the mechanical hands groping minigame as the best new mechanic of 2015.

hah. I'm just happy to have a Genocide Jill simulator. even if you're just killing robots.

why not. that top though...

Yeah I work with a guy who used to work in family law and criminal law, and he said the former was way worse because there was this casual erosion of your sole that went on in almost every case.

well if you're a lawyer you should be able to afford new shoes, I'd think

Scarecrow

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but MGS4 seems like a super short game in hindsight. Act 1 and 2 have actual gameplay. Then you follow a guy around all of act 3. Then a short trip to SM in Act 4. Then a short submarine battle in 5.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but MGS4 seems like a super short game in hindsight. Act 1 and 2 have actual gameplay. Then you follow a guy around all of act 3. Then a short trip to SM in Act 4. Then a short submarine battle in 5.
There's certainly less gameplay then the other games in series but there's also more cutscenes.

Volotaire

It depends how you play it and what difficulty you set the game on. My playstyle was to tranq anyone up to an alert, try and tranq to get the alert off. Because this failed most of the time, I shot them at this point. Moreover, I liked backtracking/exploring side routes to see what other alternative routes provided. I also played on hard.

On the other hand, blazing all the way through on normal will enable you to finish the game quicker.

It's a warzone but stealth and camoflauge still play important roles. Come on, Drew.

Edit: And just as I post that he finally switches back to Octocamo.

Edit 2: And he's dead.

iirc you can play through MGS4 in about 3 hours if you skip all cutscenes and know what you're doing

I just looked up the speedrun and it's about 93 minutes hah

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... Google is kinda scary sometimes.

I decided to enable Google Drive sync on my phone this morning so that I could more easily manage my pictures online (iOS sucks for that normally).

It uploaded all my pictures to my drive. Then, the first time I opened Google Photo I got a pop-up saying "Hey so we just analyzed all the pictures you just uploaded and we found a couple that were compatible for a panorama... So here's a panorama"...

http://abload.de/img/img_0672-panoabq7v.jpg

That's it... That frikin computer just created a great panorama out of 3-4 of my pictures without any inputs from me... This is seriously fucking impressive hahaha.

danm999

The anticipation in that Life is Strange thread was reaching Christian apocalypse prediction style intensity for a second there. Thank goodness Eurogamer lanced that boil finally.

Myggen

Guys... Google is kinda scary sometimes.

I decided to enable Google Drive sync on my phone this morning so that I could more easily manage my pictures online (iOS sucks for that normally).

It uploaded all my pictures to my drive. Then, the first time I opened Google Photo I got a pop-up saying "Hey so we just analyzed all the pictures you just uploaded and we found a couple that were compatible for a panorama... So here's a panorama"...

http://abload.de/img/img_0672-panoabq7v.jpg

That's it... That frikin computer just created a great panorama out of 3-4 of my pictures without any inputs from me... This is seriously fucking impressive hahaha.

Google knows way too much about me. My phone always seem to know where I'm going before I do, and the suggestions it gives me when I'm on vacation and stuff like that can be downright scary in how accurate they are. I don't mind it, I gave up my privacy a long time ago and am now embracing the future.

danm999

Wait, what happened?

Two weeks or so of anticipation of announcement of the next episode. People photoshopping fake tweets of delay announcements. Sound really strange fan art stuff that made this thread's weekend output seem normal.

Google knows way too much about me. My phone always seem to know where I'm going before I do, and the suggestions it gives me when I'm on vacation and stuff like that can be downright scary in how accurate they are. I don't mind it, I gave up my privacy a long time ago and am now embracing the future.

"Imagine a world where people willing gave up their own privacy."

I think I've convinced at least 2 of my friends to buy Rocket League on PC. I really hope they are able to pull off cross platform play. I desperately want cross platform play to become a common occurrence this generation.

Antiwhippy

Two weeks or so of anticipation of announcement of the next episode. People photoshopping fake tweets of delay announcements. Sound really strange fan art stuff that made this thread's weekend output seem normal.

Weird.

It's going to be the last episode right? About time I resume my playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom