• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

man i'd love to see gbeast play through ghost trick or a phoenix wright game

or 999 if they could stomach the like twenty bajillion (well, three-five) times you have to play through that game

That's no fun at all because it's a lot of reading.

Didn't that era only exist because Whiskey Media was secretly on the auction block, so they really weren't spending time doing any development thus Dave had lots of free time?

Sure maybe, but whatever the reason was, it was the period of the site that put out my favorite GB features to date.

LiK

But no one wants to do that for a whole game. I know I wouldn't. Also less potential for funny quips while things are happening.

Nah, I watched full LPs with VideoGamesAwesome and they're some of the best LPs I ever watched. It's even better if they go in blind for the twists. It's great, trust me. And they only need to do an hour a day which should be nothing.

Jintor

Persona 4 was a lot of reading.

it had enough voice in it i think that sometimes they could just react to stuff, especially for story. most of the really funny stuff that springs to mind WAS reading-based though with jeff and vinny mainly riffing off one another (Fox, Funky Student, Dungeon Stuff etc)

Xater

Nah, I watched full LPs with VideoGamesAwesome and they're some of the best LPs I ever watched. It's even better if they go in blind for the twists. It's great, trust me. And they only need to do an hour a day which should be nothing.

Whatever floats your boat. I don't care much for it. I also just don't think Phoenix Wright is as entertaining as a goofy FMV game.

the problem with text heavy games is that you have to be quiet to get some of that reading done.

Just remember how much of a hot mess the Chrono Trigger ER was because Ryan and Patrick did such a poor job reading simple prompts. Text heavy games just don't ER as well especially if they require your full attention.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it had enough voice in it i think that sometimes they could just react to stuff, especially for story. most of the really funny stuff that springs to mind WAS reading-based though with jeff and vinny mainly riffing off one another (Fox, Funky Student, Dungeon Stuff etc)

Oh, I thought he just meant text in general. Yeah, persona 4 has significantly more voice-acting than 999.

PW is really all about getting to that music that plays during your cross examination when you've finally got your suspect flustered.

I don't know the name of that track but whenever that shit kicks in I can't help but feel pure hype

robotrock

Banned
The moment I'm most looking forward to in MGS4 is when
Laughing Octopus drops the f-bomb. I think that's the first in the series. Blew my mind.

LiK

PW is really all about getting to that music that plays during your cross examination when you've finally got your suspect flustered.

I don't know the name of that track but whenever that shit kicks in I can't help but feel pure hype

Pressing Pursuit - Cornered? the hypest of hype music

Pressing Pursuit - Cornered? the hypest of hype music

that's it! thank you, good sir

latest

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I should go back and finish pw. I think I stopped midway through the murder of the movie guy.

I picked up a bunch of ds games from ebay when I got it and never touched them either. I should dig those out too.

I should go back and finish pw. I think I stopped midway through the murder of the movie guy.

I picked up a bunch of ds games from ebay when I got it and never touched them either. I should dig those out too.

I've only ever finished the first one this year but it was a great experience. Well, except for the last case. That felt like some sort of DLC case that went on for almost half of the length of the rest of the game. Which sorta makes sense given that it was a DS exclusive case meant to give the folks in japan a reason to pick up the game again (the first 3 games were originally GBA games that got ported to the DS AFAIK)

But yeah, that last case is like yo when this shit gonna end.

I'm not going to touch those because I'm going to assume that the variations on those tracks are from upcoming PW games that i've yet to play. Not gonna lie, part of why I want to keep going with the series is to see how those tracks are redone throughout the games.

LiK

I've only ever finished the first one this year but it was a great experience. Well, except for the last case. That felt like some sort of DLC case that went on for almost half of the length of the rest of the game. Which sorta makes sense given that it was a DS exclusive case meant to give the folks in japan a reason to pick up the game again (the first 3 games were originally GBA games that got ported to the DS AFAIK)

But yeah, that last case is like yo when this shit gonna end.

I'm not going to touch those because I'm going to assume that the variations on those tracks are from upcoming PW games that i've yet to play. Not gonna lie, part of why I want to keep going with the series is to see how those tracks are redone throughout the games.

only the first one? still my fave in the series. oh man, you should definitely catch up. so many awesome crazy characters and twists await!

wish I could play them again for the first time. I literally have PW marathons every time a new one comes out. the only PW I have yet to play is PW vs Layton. haven't had the urge to jump into that one yet.

LiK

I haven't played Rocket League. lots of hype but it doesn't seem to appeal to me. might just play some just to see what the fuss is about.

I'm slowly coming to terms with just how much I suck in Rocket League. I started out okay and I thought I was pretty decent, but I'm starting to realize everyone has gotten better and I just sucked the whole time and had worse apponents.

I definitely still have a lot of fun even though I suck. But I always feel like I'm the "that guy" of my team.

I definitely still have a lot of fun even though I suck. But I always feel like I'm the "that guy" of my team.

Yeah, I'm always having a blast playing still. Even when I suck I just sort of laugh at myself because I miss an easy hit or just something stupid. It seems like the competitive type game for me where I can enjoy it without having to be great at it.

By far one of the most satisfying moments in a game. Man, I REALLY need to play Ace Attorney 3 soon.

LiK

Godot's theme is some of my favorite PW music. Still struggling to get through AJ, it's such a step down in quality from the first three. DD is good, right?

AJ is still the weakest in the series for me. but it's worth playing through before DD. you'll understand why when you play DD. DD was good but not as good as the original trilogy, imo. the dialogue wasn't quite as punchy. dunno whether to blame Capcom Japan or the localizers.

Zornack

Yeah, I'm on the last case so I'm committed to seeing it through at this point. And this case seems better than the last two, especially because I get some
quality old Phoenix Wright goodness.
But those last two cases, fuck. I think they might be my least favorite of the series.

LiK

Worse than 2? That kind of lowers my urge to get back to the series.

the AJ cases aren't as mind-numbingly frustrating as some cases in AA2 but it's just that it's missing way too many of the great characters from the original trilogy. it has a different feel but definitely worth playing through for the story.

the AJ cases aren't as mind-numbingly frustrating as some cases in AA2 but it's just that it's missing way too many of the great characters from the original trilogy. it has a different feel but definitely worth playing through for the story.
That doesn't sound too bad. I will say that while the first three cases in AA2 aren't great the last one is fantastic and is going to be hard to top.

Godot's theme is some of my favorite PW music. Still struggling to get through AJ, it's such a step down in quality from the first three. DD is good, right?

I liked DD as much as AA3. While its writing isn't quite as good as 3's is, it still has an incredible amount of charm, great art/music, and easily the best sidekick in the series

Gt1Z6ob.gif

Why are these MGScanlon episodes so short T__T

Maybe they're short because Drew seems to be making few mistakes. You can probably count on one hand the deaths he's had over the first four episodes. Whereas in previous episodes, he'd have more than that in a single episode.

I quit able halfway through PW3. I keep thinking about getting the trilogy for 3DS, but I have so much to play already. Is the 3DS version in 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom