• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamc723

Two weeks or so of anticipation of announcement of the next episode. People photoshopping fake tweets of delay announcements. Sound really strange fan art stuff that made this thread's weekend output seem normal.

You're exaggerating a little there.

There was one photoshopped tweet, that was obviously a joke. The community managers themselves were the ones that were hyping things up getting people to retweet tweets in order to get the release date, and they didn't deliver.

Oh right, this is the plot of this metal gear game. I don't get why the fuck turning off the nanomachines would cause people to go mad because of a "resurging of emotions" or whatever the reasoning was.

Oh right, this is the plot of this metal gear game. I don't get why the fuck turning off the nanomachines would cause people to go mad because of a "resurging of emotions" or whatever the reasoning was.

I dont think they turned them off during that scene, more like they jammed them. Liquid is still trying to figure out how to stop them from working at that point in the point, hence Naomi being held captive in South America doing more research on the subject.

liPrc1M.gif

Xater

Is there even a Looney Toons cartoon at the moment?

It has been a while since the last one I think. Whatever, you just throw these characters in and they wok on their own. I am kinda excited for Space Jam 2. I enjoyed the first one. Today I just need the Looney Toons to be funny and LeBron to act terribly and will probably get some enjoyment out of it.

I like that Trials kind of rewards accommodates Brad's usual technique of "do the same thing a bunch of times until it works"

also wow this game got weird

Jintor

man this god of war ql is the perfect way to get tired of dan's "this is fucking cool!" enthusiasm type where he just repeats how cool a thing is over and over until he leeches all the cool out of it. i guess it's not a schtick cos he genuinely believes it but man he can really drive you nuts with that stuff.

jason must just spend half the day in a permanent facepalm

Bacon

I feel like dan may be overly optimistic in that he expects to finish mgs5 in two 8 hour long sessions. It might have worked for the other games but it certainly looks like 5 is going to be a much bigger game

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody catched the title for the book Dan was talking about during the MGS episode? I tried to go back but I can't find the spot on the timeline and I don'T want to rewatch the whole thing.

Not for a few years now.

It has been a while since the last one I think.

I thought there hadn't been, so I guess this exists because of the internet's attachment to Space Jam?

I feel like dan may be overly optimistic in that he expects to finish mgs5 in two 8 hour long sessions. It might have worked for the other games but it certainly looks like 5 is going to be a much bigger game
Yeah I was thinking that, it's not like you would beat the other MGS games with a lot of time left after 16 hours either. But, I imagine he just intends to get a decent way into it over that time.

demidar

yea, it's one of the funniest videos on the sight. I've been playing through the game and it's funny but not as funny without the GB commentary.

Gosh, GBeast should just keep this train rolling and do a whole series on FMV games.

Patryn

This is Giant Bomb related I think. Space Jam 2 is coming starring LeBron: https://twitter.com/RoadshowAU/status/623994582959652864

Except:

So when they say the rumors are true, what they mean is that they believe the rumors themselves and they have zero confirmation beyond what the rest of us have.

I'd say it's likely to happen, but this is in no way confirmation.

demidar

I think people have been clamoring for more FMV games ever since Phantasmagoria happened. some of the FMV games during UPF were great as well.

I finally ended up finishing Phantasmagoria, and I want more of that.

I'd even settle for a Layton or Phoenix Wright playthrough.

I'd call MGS and Kojima a lot of things but "super intellectual" is not one of them

MGS is smarter than you'd expect, but not as smart as you hoped.

LiK

I finally ended up finishing Phantasmagoria, and I want more of that.

I'd even settle for a Layton or Phoenix Wright playthrough.

MGS is smarter than you'd expect, but not as smart as you hoped.

Dragon's Lair is technically a FMV game, yea? the Quick Look is one of those accidental Endurance Runs. they actually finished it, lol

Jintor

man i'd love to see gbeast play through ghost trick or a phoenix wright game

or 999 if they could stomach the like twenty bajillion (well, three-five) times you have to play through that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom