• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

It's a shame that Dan doesn't know as much about MGS4 as the other ones, imo the feature is really suffering from him not being as into it as he was in MGS1 and 2

I was genuinely shocked when Samurai Shodown 1 somehow beat out Battle Arena Toshinden 3. I expect this type of behavior out of Jeff, he hates newer games like BTA3 and is jaded as fuck, but i was surprised that Jason went along with him too.

Just unbelievable. Why do they even bother anymore?

MDS4 is reminding me how awful MGS4 is.

Not only is the story bollocks, but the game itself is far too short and boring as well. Still my most hated game of all-time.

Lunar FC

It's a shame that Dan doesn't know as much about MGS4 as the other ones, imo the feature is really suffering from him not being as into it as he was in MGS1 and 2

Seriously. The elements of the series that were cool was Dan knowing everything and his reactions as Drew was doing dumb shit. Now it's just his usual comments of: "Haha that's so cool" and "Haha fuck you."

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
even the good parts of MGS4 haven't aged particularly well :(

Now you're trolling

good one m8

ku-xlarge.jpg

jaina

Yeah the first time one of you mentioned PW one the last page, I thought of Peace Walker. "Multiple PW games" led me straight, though.

Jintor

God, the animations in Dual Destiny are so fucking amazing. They finally managed to capture their pixel personalities in 3d form. Pity they lost the complex investigation sequences though.

I've been replaying a little Revengeance. Actually, Revengeance was the first Metal Gear game I ever completed. Basically, it's Platinum's fault I ever got into Metal Gear thoroughly in the first place. What a weird entryway. It's really strange to come back to MGR after finally playing through everything else and getting all the little references that flew over my head the first time (Raiden referring to Big Shell constantly without actually saying it, talk about SOP and the Patriots, etc)

I've been replaying a little Revengeance. Actually, Revengeance was the first Metal Gear game I ever completed. Basically, it's Platinum's fault I ever got into Metal Gear thoroughly in the first place. What a weird entryway. It's really strange to come back to MGR after finally playing through everything else and getting all the little references that flew over my head the first time (Raiden referring to Big Shell constantly without actually saying it, talk about SOP and the Patriots, etc)

It's a shame that the DLC for MGR is fucking garbage though.They made it free eventually and it came packed in with the PC version but, still, what a piece of crap. They both reused assets from the game, just letting you play as different characters. Even the same bossfights, down to the exact same final boss.

fucking goddammit, and those are the last bits of MGR we will ever get too : /

It's a shame that the DLC for MGR is fucking garbage though.They made it free eventually and it came packed in with the PC version but, still, what a piece of crap. They both just reused assets from the game, just letting you play as different characters. Even the same bossfights, down to the exact same final boss.

The Bladewolf dlc had a new boss and the Sam dlc had repeat bosses but I think they tweaked the final boss a little. Regardless,that game and those characters definitely deserved better DLC

The Bladewolf dlc had a new boss and the Sam dlc had repeat bosses but I think they tweaked the final boss a little. Regardless,that game and those characters definitely deserved better DLC

Yeah, i remembered that one boss in the bladewolf DLC so I took the first 'just' out of my post since it's not entirely made with reused assets. It's pretty damn close, though.

It's a shame that the DLC for MGR is fucking garbage though.They made it free eventually and it came packed in with the PC version but, still, what a piece of crap. They both reused assets from the game, just letting you play as different characters. Even the same bossfights, down to the exact same final boss.

Playing as Jetstream Sam was a dream come true. You take what you said back right now.

The Wolf DLC wasn't very good, that I'll agree to.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MGS4 is still a pretty damn good looking game considering its age

it felt like Drew was finally starting to get into a groove towards the end of the newest episode, hopefully that continues going forward

I'm assuming you think DMC4:SE is also complete garbage then.

kuppy

Another huge victory for science in the latest Ranking of Fighters.
But let's not forget that science is also responsible for magnets, so go ahead and do it like Top Gear already instead of erasing and writing the list every time.

Yeah, i remembered that one boss in the bladewolf DLC so I took the first 'just' out of my post since it's not entirely made with reused assets. It's pretty damn close, though.

I'll also give them bonus points for recording a new song for the Bladewolf boss.

Small reminder that there's a mod project to put Sam in place of Raiden in the main game for the PC version of MGR.

I had no idea about this but count me in , Sam was fun to play but you had so little time with him and it's not like there's a bloody palace equivalent that you can use him in.

I'm assuming you think DMC4 is also complete garbage then.

I never played it. I heard it was backtracking: the game and never picked it up. I have access to the OG version through Steam Family Access, though, so maybe one day i'll see how much filler that game has.

The only DMC games i've finished are 1, 2, and DmC. I tried played 3 years ago on my BC 60 gig ps3 but i got distracted by something else I never went back to it.

Haunted

Is there anybody that Jason can actually beat at fighting games?
Jason is too good for these plebs. He understands fighting games. He plays to train, to improve. He doesn't need to desperately chase the W like common men. He's above that.

After Daily Dota brought Brad in contact with Dota community celebs and Alex got to moonlight on AGDQ, I'm eagerly awaiting the next big Giantbomb crossover. Giantbomb x Gootecks and Mike "Mike Ross" Ross.

Is there anybody that Jason can actually beat at fighting games?

Why do you think he's having a kid.

I never played it. I heard it was backtracking: the game and never picked it up. I have access to the OG version through Steam Family Access, though, so maybe one day i'll see how much filler that game has.

The only DMC games i've finished are 1, 2, and DmC. I tried played 3 years ago on my BC 60 gig ps3 but i got distracted by something else I never went back to it.

Half of the game is backtracking, they also somehow managed to fuck up a boss rush level and make it into some tedious board game that just feels like padding.

Xater

I'm pretty sure we've seen him be beat by raw mashing before so that's not even a solid bet.

I think somehow he knows too much about fighting games to be good at them.

It's the "I know enough to be a danger to myself syndrome." I have that playing pool.

Its a game that's more about the characters then the game itself. While I agree there's something to be said for level design in action games (and DMC4 has some really really bad level design at points), its got one of, it not, the best combat system I've ever seen in a video game and each characters plays uniquely enough that its worth going back into and playing over again.

Point I'm trying to make, playing through the same game with a different character is a staple in character action games dating back to DMC2, and Sam plays differently enough from Raiden, while still being extremely fun to play as, that the DLC isn't even close to garbage. I also enjoyed bladewolf, though that wasn't nearly as good as Raiden/Sam's playthroughs.

I do agree that I wouldn't pay more than like $5 for either campaign

- J - D -

MGScanlon 4 has a more frequent release schedule than all the past ones, so the shorter episodes isn't much of a bother.

It's like an hour of a show show every few days, and because it's MGS4, the tv show comparison is actually quite apt!

popo

The DLC for Trials looks cool, not the unicorn shit but the other stuff.

I was thinking of picking up that GOTY edition they are doing and then Brad and Jeff reminded me why I never beat the main game - never could get the hang of bunny hops off a steep incline and there is a point in the game where it throws those at you constantly.

Also the microtransaction stuff. Real classy ubisoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom