• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
MGScanlon 4 has a more frequent release schedule than all the past ones, so the shorter episodes isn't much of a bother.

It's like an hour of a show show every few days, and because it's MGS4, the tv show comparison is actually quite apt!

It's the same release schedule.

Anjin M

Because of all the MGS talk in this thread, I finally finished my first Metal Gear Solid game last night. Yes, it was just Ground Zeroes, but I actually had fun. I ended up killing something like ten guys, though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It felt like the first two MGScanlons were spaced much wider between eps. Can't speak to comparing the consistency of release though, it's early yet for MGScanlon 4.

Yeah, during mgs1 there was a fortnight where they only did 2 eps, but other than that and a break in mgs2, it's consistently been two a week.

Because of all the MGS talk in this thread, I finally finished my first Metal Gear Solid game last night. Yes, it was just Ground Zeroes, but I actually had fun. I ended up killing something like ten guys, though.

HQ2wJBB.gif

DamnBoxes

Was my first MGS game too! Had a blast playing it.

My only issue that i found with GZ is that AFAIK there is no way to finish the mission without setting off alerts. Which is the fucking worst because I like being good at these sneaking missions

I mean you have to blow up those three gun station things right? There's no way to do that without setting the alarms.

I feel like that's BS. There should've been a means to stop those things without having hell rain down on you every time.

i only got two worlds into the bonus worlds in SM3DW before I had my fill. There was one stage where i found that getting the last start damn near impossible and after an hour of trying i was just like, fuck that.

I did the same thing pretty much with SM3DL. I appreciate the harder/remixed levels for being there but I'm not 10 anymore, I can't spend months playing the same game like I did when I first got Super Mario World with my SNES.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Jeff playing with infinite power up or some shit on this Ranking of Fighters?

Every time he's Haohmaru he's in maxed out mode for entire rounds where as Jason will have it for like 3 seconds when he's low health.

Jeff's a dirty cheater is what I'm saying.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I really want Champions Road to be the next Breaking Brad

LE4ZoXul.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGaIz5E7YU

Good challenge, and nice colorful game to get away from the darkness of Bloodbourne

That level is pure fucking evil. I ended up giving up on it. There is some dastardly stuff in that level for sure. I think playing it more than 2 player co-op is probably close to impossible (yes I have seen youtube vids of 4 player, but be real no one can do that).

Volotaire

The only thing that may prevent Brad from doing this is getting repeating every level to get all the green stars, stamps and flagpoles (unless he aims to do this first time or he has an imported save file). This could be a nuisance for him.

I think it's possible. It's Austin's favorite game, and I can see him arguing it should get a QL.

He could always do a Bombastica for it.

The only thing that may prevent Brad from doing this is getting repeating every level to get all the green stars, stamps and flagpoles (unless he aims to do this first time or he has an imported save file). This could be a nuisance for him.

I believe that Brad has already said that this is exactly what's stopping him, we need Dan to get the urge to playthrough it again so that he can just unlock it for Brad.

That would be a good one. And since he'd likely have to play a lot of other levels to even unlock champions road, it would be a nice amount of content.

It could be called... "Breaking Brad: Road to Champion's Road"

We've done all the heavy work... It's over to you Brad!!

Volotaire

I guess someone could just lend him a Wii U with it unlocked. It may make it more interesting since the skill gap between World 4 (which, IIRC, he is on from the Extra life stream last year) and Champion's Road is large.

repeater

Is Jeff playing with infinite power up or some shit on this Ranking of Fighters?

Every time he's Haohmaru he's in maxed out mode for entire rounds where as Jason will have it for like 3 seconds when he's low health.

Jeff's a dirty cheater is what I'm saying.
If these allegations are true, Jeff must clearly resign from his editor job. Cheating in fighting games is unheard of and an unthinkable crime as far as Giant Bomb is concerned. That's just not something a true duder would ever do.

They just announced the release date for Persona: Dancing with Chie in NA.

Persona 5? nothing

Guys, Persona 5 is a 2016 game.

The least they could do is port the persona fighting games over so I can play through the VN-like campaigns and feel like I'm getting some sort of decent persona experience this holiday season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom