• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Vinnyvania is dead. It's all about contravinction now

here is the official schedule i just made up:

finish up contradiction next week before friday, play more cv3 on friday and wrap that up in about two more weeks, then roll right into kingdom hearts

brb bribing schedule-kun

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I don't like to criticise GB features usually but the Ranking of Fighters series is very boring. I don't think fighting games have been particularly good for GB content and the show in general feels a bit flat. But I also don't like fighting games so...

I really hope post-contradiction, Vinny does an ER of the Witcher 3. There are so many bugs, choices etc. to make that a great video series. It won't happen but we can dream.

Guys... Google is kinda scary sometimes.

I decided to enable Google Drive sync on my phone this morning so that I could more easily manage my pictures online (iOS sucks for that normally).

It uploaded all my pictures to my drive. Then, the first time I opened Google Photo I got a pop-up saying "Hey so we just analyzed all the pictures you just uploaded and we found a couple that were compatible for a panorama... So here's a panorama"...

http://abload.de/img/img_0672-panoabq7v.jpg

That's it... That frikin computer just created a great panorama out of 3-4 of my pictures without any inputs from me... This is seriously fucking impressive hahaha.

Sorry for the many-pages-later quote, I've had a busy day.

When I turned Google Photos on, it was all "Hey we animated your cat" and gave me this.
a6sEHzO.gif

daydream

Banned
I don't like to criticise GB features usually but the Ranking of Fighters series is very boring. I don't think fighting games have been particularly good for GB content and the show in general feels a bit flat. But I also don't like fighting games so...

they should probably be pre-recorded and shorter, somewhere in the bombastica ball park

the wednesday time slot is too precious for rof, imo

Lunar FC

they should probably be pre-recorded and shorter, somewhere in the bombastica ball park

the wednesday time slot is too precious for rof, imo

Either make them shorter or play multiple games in a show. But as a non fighting game person these are pretty uninteresting.

I like rank of fighters but yeah, at least a couple of games per show seems right. 90 minutes of SamSho1 was a lot, and that's coming from someone who absolutely loves ss1 and wore out a 6 button genesis pad playing it growing up.

erawsd

I like rank of fighters but yeah, at least a couple of games per show seems right. 90 minutes of SamSho1 was a lot, and that's coming from someone who absolutely loves ss1 and wore out a 6 button genesis pad playing it growing up.

Yeah, I agree. I suggested to Jason last time that they should just devote each show to a particular franchise. Maybe start with the very first in a series, spend 30 minutes with that and then play the best of the sequels. They spend a lot time talking about the whole series anyway, like yesterday they kept talking about how great Samurai Showdown 2 was and it would have been nice if they had transition into playing it.

This contradiction video is amazing, but my conscious was eating at me for experiencing this treasure without buying it, so I bought it.

Not gonna play through it myself since watching GBEast go through it is probably the best experience I can have with it, but I hope more people play this amazing game.

Is "Us Vs Them - Splatoon" a thing that could happen after Rocket League? Does the game support that option. Would they have to buy more Wii Us?

tchocky

Anonymous asked: Someone on NeoGAF said the next Breaking Brad should be unlocking and completing Champions Road in Super Mario 3D World and I wholeheartedly agree. Also I love Breaking Brad and just wanted to let you know!

Brad: I’ve thought about and really liked that idea for a long time too, but I’m nowhere close to unlocking it (only played through about half of the game) and having to bring my WiiU back and forth all the time is pretty unappealing (less because I mind carrying it and more because it’s already gotten kinda dinged up from bringing it in several times).

tchocky

Giantbomb is blocking support for BeyondPod app.

Edgework said:
There's a really bad Android app out there called Beyond Pod. I see a bunch of you guys use it for The Bombcast. It was poorly written and sends essentially malicious traffic (a whole lot) to our servers. We've tried to contact the developers about it but they've ignored us.

We're going to be blocking access from that app within a day or two until the developers can fix their bugs.

Zacagawea

Yaaasss 🙌🏼

Ranking of Fighters just needs a hype man. They need to get Maximilian to commentate and explain things with/to them.

I'm really upset, I enjoyed Beyondpod's UI so much that I actually paid for the unlock key, the only mobile purchase I've ever made in fact. Is this true? Why haven't other podcast sites brought up a problem with this particular app?

I was thinking about why SSARPBC came and went without much impact while Rocket League - gameplay largely unchanged - has managed to make such a big impact.

Listening to that main theme and looking at the logo art tells me that the new style of presentation is one of the big reasons.

I think Rocket League is big because:
  1. It was a PS3 exclusive in 2008 when PS3 was struggling badly.
  2. The name was quite unwieldy.
  3. Indies were not as well received in 2008, sans a few standout games like Braid.
  4. In 2008, streaming was not really a thing yet (Twitch did not exist, e-sports may not have existed yet).
  5. PS+ did not exist in 2008. SSARPBC would eventually be a PS+ game. Would Rocket League be as big as it is without PS+?
  6. Cross-Platform support with Rocket League is perhaps huge.
  7. Apparently the gameplay in Rocket League is tighter and more focused. I've heard SSARPBC was much faster and thus harder to get into, especially against veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom