• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
2767971-8297539355-27642.jpg

Vinny has a 3yo.

Yeah, I agree. I suggested to Jason last time that they should just devote each show to a particular franchise. Maybe start with the very first in a series, spend 30 minutes with that and then play the best of the sequels. They spend a lot time talking about the whole series anyway, like yesterday they kept talking about how great Samurai Showdown 2 was and it would have been nice if they had transition into playing it.

Yeah, 30 minutes sounds each sounds good, just one after another 3 or 4 back to back.

daydream

Banned
drew's and dan's comments about what was basically a public execution in 1982 (from the current mgscanlon ep) were a little off-putting. what exactly is "awesome" about that?

drew's and dan's comments about what was basically a public execution in 1982 (from the current mgscanlon ep) were a little off-putting. what exactly is "awesome" about that?

dan saying he deserved to die and that it was awesome seemed like a little much, but i'm definitely reading too much into it

tchocky

Wasn't it the town murdered a murder who kept getting off?

He wasn't a murderer but he did just about everything else

Ken Rex McElroy (June 1, 1934 – July 10, 1981) was a resident of Skidmore, Nodaway County, Missouri. Known as "the town bully", his unsolved killing became the focus of international attention. Over the course of his life McElroy was accused of dozens of felonies, including assault, child molestation, statutory rape, arson, hog and cattle rustling, and burglary.

I don't like to criticise GB features usually but the Ranking of Fighters series is very boring. I don't think fighting games have been particularly good for GB content and the show in general feels a bit flat. But I also don't like fighting games so...

It's a little more laid back but I love them, especially the SamSho one. You can tell it's right in Jason and Jeff's wheelhouse.

- J - D -

While I do like the more sedate ambiance of the ranking of fighters features, I'd love to see one for a really hype fighters such as the classic Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring.

justjim89

Dan version of the answer: This is God Damn America, we kill our bad guys boy howdy!

Actual answer: Execution of prisoners is nearly as prominent an aspect of American culture as a love of firearms. You can see how the two go hand in hand.

I am a scrub who just goes to the website and downloads the podcast to my phone every week.

Tried a bunch of podcast apps on Android but never liked any of them. So many bad UI's

prediction: no contridiction tomorrow.

I hope the Hulk Hogan news breaks during UPF tomorrow. Dan's live reaction to whatever the fuck happened would make up for the lack of Power BombCast.

the only thing that could unite gawker once again is around-the-clock smarmy coverage of hulk hogan being a racist.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I hope the Hulk Hogan news breaks during UPF tomorrow. Dan's live reaction to whatever the fuck happened would make up for the lack of Power BombCast.

I've enjoyed using Doggcatcher for years now, and the creator still keeps it updated and adds new features.

But looking at the field of contenders now, it sounds like Pocket Casts is the new top podcatcher on the block, due to its cloud-based list system and wealth of built-in features (though IIRC you have to do user/pass in the URL thing due to a lack of authentication fields, unless they've added that recently). It's not enough to get me to switch personally, but it sounds like the standard recommendation for new users.

Myggen

Gonna need to get another podcast up now it seems! All good, if it sends malicious traffic to the GB servers I totally see why they would block it until those issues are fixed.

Downloading Pocket Casts when I get home.

If anyone didn't catch what the problem was, edgework posted this:

I'd assume it works well for users, its just really dumb with providers. If it can't reach a podcast for some reason, like the user isn't authorized, it keeps trying over and over and over. We've seen users with 40k hits within a few hour period. If it works for you and the podcast provider wants to eat that traffic then there's no reason not to use it.

You just won't be able to use it for Giant Bomb because we're rather use those server cycles for actual traffic not a constant Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!, Can I?, No!...

So it seems to be a problem with the premium podcasts mostly.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
If it's about their radio show reach, I don't think that figure is unbelievable. A lot of people still listen to the radio, and their shows get spread everywhere through syndication.

OK so I was not aware that they actually do syndicate some of their stuff for radio. I'm actually surprised any ol' radio station would buy a minute of gaming news.

demidar

I remember an email condemning Jeff for his Radio Minute showing up on a Glenn Beck show or some other hardcore conservative show.

repeater

That explains A LOT, yeah. I've always wondered what the point is to the Gaming Minutes -- they're usually not in-depth enough (no shit) to cover anything that hasn't been discussed in a Bombcast or elsewhere on the site.

I remember an email condemning Jeff for his Radio Minute showing up on a Glenn Beck show or some other hardcore conservative show.
If this means we will eventually get Danswers with Glenn Beck, I don't really mind.

Also,
IT'S BEASTCAST DAY [previously known as "Friday"], BITCHES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom