• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Brad actually got to play the SFV beta? That's a miracle considering how quickly the servers melted as soon as the thing launched.

Also, watching folks whine about the beta not working and feeling entitled to connect to it has been hysterical. It's like people forget that betas like this one are used to figure out networking logistics and not solely so you can play the game super early and brag about it to your friends

Well, the fact they technically locked their supposed "test" behind a paywall (preorder), did not help. Of course, there were ways around it, but doing the beta that way is shitty to begin with.

Well, the fact they technically locked their supposed "test" behind a paywall (preorder), did not help. Of course, there were ways around it, but doing the beta that way is shitty to begin with.

Still, a beta is a beta.

It just seems that the term beta has been warped so much over the years and misused ( often really just meaning demo but termed beta for marketing purposes) that when folks actually encounter a beta and it's doing, well, beta things they're reacting like it's a botched game launch instead of realizing that they're being idiots

If a beta is broken 9 months out from release I find comfort in knowing that they're trying to get this working now instead of just launching the game and then watching it catch fire for a month

Still, a beta is a beta.

It just seems that the term beta has been warped so much over the years and misused ( often really just meaning demo but termed beta for marketing purposes) that when folks actually encounter a beta and it's doing, well, beta things they're reacting like it's a botched game launch instead of realizing that they're being idiots

This is the first big product in a long time iirc to use the term beta as an actual beta and not an early demo

even stupid shit like Evolve used an alpha (well, THE BIG ALPHA) as a marketing term for their demo

So Newegg was kind enough to give me a complimentary Nvidia MGS V code since I Batman AK is still broken on PC. I have yet to touch that game. They only gave me one this time, though I bought 2 cards (more than reasonable, above and beyond my expectations already) so I don't have an extra one this time.

So Newegg was kind enough to give me a complimentary Nvidia MGS V code since I Batman AK is still broken on PC. I have yet to touch that game. They only gave me one this time, though I bought 2 cards (more than reasonable, above and beyond my expectations already) so I don't have an extra one this time.
Hah, I'm doing the same thing with AK, just waiting till they get another patch or two out there before playing.
There's going to be no Contradiction tonight is there? :(

I hope they do vinnyvania today and come back to Contradiction next week. I was somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of them blasting through all of that game so shortly after its steam release, i wouldn't be surprised if they felt a bit of that themselves

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
pOnxquS.png

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Jeff got mad at something in a recent bombcast, but I can't remember which one or what about. It was like a very short mini-rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom