• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
has dan said anything regarding Hulk Hogan being a racist prick? That's gotta suck, even I'm kinda bummed out by it and I haven't watched wrestling since WCW died

Lucha Underground is the best show on television even if you don't like wrestling, and I think they might actually be secret Bombcast fans since they just unveiled a whole storyline and belt that are basically an extended throwback to WMAC Masters.

Also Jeff's multiple extended Destiny rants are a fucking national treasure.

Zaph

They should keep doing more Powerbombcasts even if they hate WWE right now. I never get sick of them crapping on WWE.

Nah, usually I'm down for them talking/doing what they love, but I'd like to see them lay off the wrestling shit at least for a little bit.

I only followed wrestling as a kid, so I didn't pick up on a lot of the bullshit, but reading through the hulk hogan thread now (and all the other stories/videos people are linking to) it's obvious there's a systemic racism problem at WWE that goes way past some ugly caricatures.

Dan, if you're reading this, enjoy whatever you enjoy, but do GB's PoC fans a solid and try not to inject WWE into absolutely everything.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Y'all duders flipping your wigs should really listen to the end of the beastcast.

Edit: very late

Myggen

Nah, usually I'm down for them talking/doing what they love, but I'd like to see them lay off the wrestling shit at least for a little bit.

I only followed wrestling as a kid, so I didn't pick up on a lot of the bullshit, but reading through the hulk hogan thread now (and all the other stories/videos people are linking to) it's obvious there's a systemic racism problem at WWE that goes way past some ugly caricatures.

Dan, if you're reading this, enjoy whatever you enjoy, but do GB's PoC fans a solid and try not to inject WWE into absolutely everything.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction. But yeah, they had a lengthy discussion on wrestling's problems with race on a Powerbombcast a while back.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'll support whatever reason if it means not having to hear about wrestling on the podcast. Unless that reason was like "support hitler and we'll stop talking about wrestling". I wouldn't support that.

I'll support whatever reason if it means not having to hear about wrestling on the podcast. Unless that reason was like "support hitler and we'll stop talking about wrestling". I wouldn't support that.

with another wrestling game coming out soon, you'll be hearing more about this year's game really soon. Usually, the reveal is around Summerslam so buckle up

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Your lack of conviction now means that they will keep talking about wrestling.

If only you had supported Hitler.

pOnxquS.png

More like looking over his shoulder for Rocky Johnson and/or Tony Atlus haymakers. /oldrasslinreference

popo

One of you childhood heroes reveals himself to be a piece of shit? Still never had a bad day Dan?

hulk-hogan-gty-6-lead.jpg

People must have suspected. This is why it was hard to side with Hogan against Gawker. Whoever wins, we lose.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Now now, Hogan revealed himself as a racist piece of shit. That's an addendum to the piece of shit we already knew he was, not a completely new revelation.

Xater

One of you childhood heroes reveals himself to be a piece of shit? Still never had a bad day Dan?

hulk-hogan-gty-6-lead.jpg

People must have suspected. This is why it was hard to side with Hogan against Gawker. Whoever wins, we lose.

If you know your wrestling you'd know that Hogan has always been a dick. There is a good reason OSW only refers to him as Cunt Hogan.

Zaph

This is why it was hard to side with Hogan against Gawker. Whoever wins, we lose.

Even a racist piece of shit doesn't deserve to be secretly filmed having sex and then it be maliciously leaked onto the internet.

I have no sympathy for Hogan, but Gawker needs to be severely penalised, especially for what they did to that Conde Nast dude.

popo

Developer : Jenks! Our game got played on the internets!"

Jenks : Was it Tweetie Pie?

Developer : PewPieDie, and no, it was Giant Bomb East!

Jenks : Oh ... that's cool too ... I guess?"

I would consider Gawker getting closed down while hogan is still reviled as a racist to be a victory.

Maybe, if that were the Devil's bargain - but it was never going to happen. Even if he has a case - you ask for 100 million dollars and then multiple appeals later you settle for costs and cents on the dollar and consider yourself lucky.

Even a racist piece of shit doesn't deserve to be secretly filmed having sex and then it be maliciously leaked onto the internet.

I have no sympathy for Hogan, but Gawker needs to be severely penalised, especially for what they did to that Conde Nast dude.

Sure they are scumbags. But again, the likely result was that Gawker stays in business and Hogan walks away with a few million as a settlement. As I say, nobody wins.

Tonight on The Twilight Zone. FIFA vs. Gawker. One is destroyed but the other only grows stronger. Who wins, you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom