• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also why is the twitch archive playback so terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

You'd think that with so many examples they can look at nowadays it wouldn't be as terrible as it is.

Myggen

The comments section for the last UPF is sad/amazing. People actually thinking that Dan is playing a character and that the others hate him. Funny seeing people lose their shit over it, the first segment yesterday was amazing.

There's some essays being written there right now, haha.

Myggen

Do people who get annoyed at Dan's attitude and reactions not understand the most basic human interaction?

I can obviously understand people who dislike Dan being hyper competitive and a bit hyper at times when playing multiplayer games. But it's calling it "toxic", one guy being afraid that Dan's going to "infect" the others with the way he acts etc. like you see in some of the comment section essays that turns into parody.

Copenap

Sometimes the GB dudes are weird. Like how can Alex get basically everything wrong about the new Hearthstone expansion? It's so simple and straight forward and he acts like it's one of those situations where there are dozens of different pre-order perks or something.

popo

Sometimes the GB dudes are weird. Like how can Alex get basically everything wrong about the new Hearthstone expansion? It's so simple and straight forward and he acts like it's one of those situations where there are dozens of different pre-order perks or something.

You need to tell him to stop talking about hearthstone. What did he get wrong? Is there a tourney mode after all?

Copenap

You need to tell him to stop talking about hearthstone. What did he get wrong? Is there a tourney mode after all?
No, but the new expansions just means there are new packs. You buy new packs. You don't buy an expansion and no, you also did not buy the GvG expansion. Also you don't need to buy anything to unlock these cards for arena.

Xater

All I am going to say is that Dan's behavior would have earned him some punches in my childhood multiplayer circles.

Myggen

giphy.gif

kai3345

Banned
dan should enter next year's evo and use his cheap fighting game tactics to weasel his way into the top 8 and win the whole thing

After Jeff played Syndicate on UPF a couple of months ago did anyone check out the pc version? I remember some people here mentioning it but I'm not sure if anyone actually checked in on it, I'm tempted to buy it but I'm imagining that the co-op is entirely dead at this point.

After Jeff played Syndicate on UPF a couple of months ago did anyone check out the pc version? I remember some people here mentioning it but I'm not sure if anyone actually checked in on it, I'm tempted to buy it but I'm imagining that the co-op is entirely dead at this point.

There's a Twitch archive somewhere of me, Austin, and others doing a full run of that co-op campaign on PC, it's sublime. Also me shouting "CEO PRIVILEGES!" as I jack dudes' skullchips.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I was checking youtube for rocket league footage and youtube gaming channels are all about goofy faces on their video thumbnails now huh?

Man, I was checking youtube for rocket league footage and youtube gaming channels are all about goofy faces on their video thumbnails now huh?

BEST ROCKET LEAGUE GOAL EVER??? | Rocket League #1 by KibbleGames

*first 10 seconds*

HEEEeeeYYYYyyyyYYYY there brosandbrahs its ya boy KibbleGames with another Rocket League video remember to like comment and subscribe here I'm gonna point at the like button for ya oh wait is it on my left side or my right side I can never remember how that works anyway

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Drew really needs to learn how to CQC. Every time he gets in trouble it's because he screws up a takedown.

I think all hope is lost at this point. He's gonna play the way he's gonna play.

Actually all hope may have been lost 2 hours into mgs1 :p

Drew really needs to learn how to CQC. Every time he gets in trouble it's because he screws up a takedown.

I'm just glad he finally figured out that you don't have to get up to shoot when you get knocked down, you can shoot on your back and kill the dude before getting up. He would just keep getting up then getting knocked back down repeatedly. So he at least knows that there is a mechanic that helps when you botch a CQC move.

Kelas

I'm just glad he finally figured out that you don't have to get up to shoot when you get knocked down, you can shoot on your back and kill the dude before getting up. He would just keep getting up then getting knocked back down repeatedly. So he at least knows that there is a mechanic that helps when you botch a CQC move.

That was hilarious while it lasted.

Edit: He got it into his head during mgs1 that trying to grab a dude is this impossible feat, when it really is quite simple. The problem is when it looks like he might be about to do a cool guy takedown, he makes some other mistake, like not being aware of his surroundings and other enemies, or throwing a dude and then not knowing what to do when said dude is on the ground.

hamchan

It's ok, he seems to like pressing the melee button while holding a rifle, making him do the small push over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

Jams775

I started played MGS4 when they put out their first video and ended up beating it before they put their second video out. Then I started playing it again on hard. I had trouble at first but then I adapted to the different layout of the guards. I only played through it once when it came out like most everyone else. I forgot how great this game is in almost every way.

It's not very easy but I know you can knock an enemies gun out of their hands with the rifle butt. You have to hit R1 twice and a certain time and I think in a certain way. Of course it'd be easier to just hold'em up from behind, search'em and then squeeze their crotch to knock them unconscious.

Kelas

Guys, why not let Drew play how he wants. Stop telling him what to do.

This thread is not a direct line to drew's brain, don't worry

I think it's ok to discuss how he plays and what he could be doing better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom