• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I hate early access. Dungeon Souls is the kind of game I would hear about for the first time in QL and have it be a fun surprise game out of nowhere. I'm not going to play it in early access, though, so it will probably come out eventually with little fanfare after I've forgotten about it and never play it.

This Beastcast started strong and just... kept... growing. It felt like 2+ hours of Idle Thumbs level quality. Holy shit.

That Contradiction email...

This Galak-Z QL is the poster child for why I don't like Quick Look EXs. Devs are far too interested in hitting all their feature set bullet points and introducing their boring characters. This one even started with a great intro with the robot reveal, and then went straight into sitting in menus for 10 minutes.

I think this game looks awesome and I want to play it, though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
20 mins of a premium show is probably too much to be uploading to youtube

jaina

Yeah it's unfortunate that such large chunks of premium stuff are published without permission.
Cracking down on all of that probably has higher personnel costs than the actually missed premium subs. So all we can do is appeal to common decency.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, like how I don't think streaming games will hurt the dev's revenues, I also don't think clips on youtube will hurt giantbomb's revenue at all.

With a company like CBS it's probably easy for them to take down content if they want, but at some point exposure should be treated as a good thing.

Myggen

I kinda wish GB would take more of an issue with people wholesale uploading full parts of premium content.

Clips are fine. Highlights are great. Unedited whole segments are going too far!

I asked Rorie about it a while back, and they're generally fine with it. If they weren't they could take it down in minutes, like they have when people have uploaded whole episodes of UPF and MPP to YouTube. He said:

Sometimes stuff like this is good for free advertising! We should probably try and do more of that ourselves.

PensOwl

Banned
Apparently the loading video for MG Scanlon 4 isn't premium, which was a great idea to hype up the series and get subscribers

Stuff like that is probably more effective than giving out free videos :p
But the Telltale model could work too, give out the first episode of every premium feature for free and let people subscribe for the rest

Myggen

Apparently the loading video for MG Scanlon 4 isn't premium, which was a great idea to hype up the series and get subscribers

Stuff like that is probably more effective than giving out free videos :p
But the Telltale model could work too, give out the first episode of every premium feature for free and let people subscribe for the rest

I just think that in the end, people uploading highlights of UPF and other Premium stuff isn't gonna stop anyone from subscribing to the site if that's something they want to do. If something seems appealing to me, someone uploading some of the highlights of that for free isn't gonna stop me from getting it. There's obviously limits and the latest MPP highlight might cross the line, but generally I think it's a good thing.

I just think that in the end, people uploading highlights of UPF and other Premium stuff isn't gonna stop anyone from subscribing to the site if that's something they want to do. If something seems appealing to me, someone uploading some of the highlights of that for free isn't gonna stop me from getting it. There's obviously limits and the latest MPP highlight might cross the line, but generally I think it's a good thing.

Generally it doesn't bother me, especially since a lot of this stuff is like 10 minutes from a 2 hour show and those 10 minutes can give a potential subscriber an idea of what shows like UPF are actually like. The only stuff I've come across that's seemed like too much is that Mario Party stuff.

Curufinwe

All the platinum talk from Jason and Brad made me look back thru my trophy list to see which games I got close to platinuming then stopped and Uncharted 3 is the one that sticks out. I was doing the chapters on Crushing out of order, and when I finished the burning chateau one it didn't give me credit for beating it on that difficulty. So I gave up.

I've never got a Platinum on anything - although I am planning Life is Strange to be the first. I nabbed all stuff I needed in the first three episodes.

I have 13 platinums I think, the only one I remember being incredibly difficult was Ico. Had to beat the game in less than 90 minutes(technically two hours, but there is about 20 minutes of unskippable cutscenes.

So hard because you have to break many parts of the game. Really interesting process to learn the tricks though, I was very proud.

Curufinwe

I have 13 platinums I think, the only one I remember being incredibly difficult was Ico. Had to beat the game in less than 90 minutes(technically two hours, but there is about 20 minutes of unskippable cutscenes.

So hard because you have to break many parts of the game. Really interesting process to learn the tricks though, I was very proud.

Interesting. Ico was the easiest of my 9 platinums. I just followed a guide.

I read a guide and then did it on my own, didn't follow step by step as that was very tedious. Execution on some parts was just very difficult in addition to having very little extra time. In particular there's the spot where you have to leave Yorda in the graveyard and glitch your way inside to pull a lever and then make your way back outside before the shadows do their nasty business.

I have 17 Platinums, including great games like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. I should mop up the Nier one since there's a new game coming and I've already done the ridiculous bullshit ones (look up the flower trophy if you have time).

Oh wow, I didn't know that you actually had to break the game to get that trophy. That's kind of neat.

I don't like Platinums that require you to play a game multiple times. Unless the game is real short I'm gonna look at that and go "Nah no thanks."

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I got the one for PixelJunk Shooter, and the one for Dante's Inferno. Don't think I bothered with any more.

TraBuch

Banned
I have four platinums, all relatively easy. Shadow of Mordor, Dark Souls 2, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. I have all the single-player trophies for The Last of Us, but I haven't played much of the multiplayer. Also need just two trophies for Dark Souls, but I'm having some difficulty getting back into that game after BB.

I have the platinum trophy for Terminator Salvation, which required me to play the game on the hardest difficulty, I did that twice, once solo and once in co-op, this is my shame...

Falifax

I have a capture card, a PS4 and two PS3s. Tell me what I need to do and where I need to go to see these videos.

Please.

I need this.

There's no proper search function so you have to find him by manually searching for his videos. You have to go to Community Gallery -> Best Ever and look for videos from 2008. Press L2 to set the filter to videos only. Took me like a minute to find his It's Tricky footage.

The whole community stuff in Singstar completely blows. No search function nor fullscreen mode on videos.

Myggen

bU56MY3.jpg

Falifax

I'd been sitting on that last Bloodborne trophy for weeks until the last Breaking Brad episode. Boy the farming for the last chalice was probably the most excruciating part of that whole process and reminded me why I previously gave up. Also in the same week I got the platinum for Destiny.

https://i.imgur.com/bU56MY3.jpg

Jesus Christ

JamboGT

I have the platinum for WipEoutHD, GT5, GT6, Destiny and Borderlands, the only easy one there was the Borderlands one!

WipEoutHD plat is probably my finest gaming achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom