• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxyle

Neo Member
You know what's fucked up? Jeff hates MGS3 cause he says it makes the universe too small by having everyone be so connected. But 3 didn't do that! 4 did. Especially in regards to The Patriots. It's 4 that made the universe small, not 3. Snake Eater continues to be the most stand alone entry in the series, even more than MGS1 I would say, for how much it references MG1 and 2. There are no Otacon, Campbell, or Meryl surrogates in Snake Eater.

If there's one thing I hate about MGS4, it's how much it steps on MGS3 for a bunch of completely unearned reveals
(Docter Clark? really?)
. MGS4 goes waaaay too far to tie everything together, and it suffers greatly for it.

But yea, Drew's hit a good groove here. I really wonder how he'll approach act 3; I can see it going either way.

CK8yT_pVAAEqjQz.png:large

Joeku

I last listened to Nickelback's The State a good ten years ago and I refuse to listen to it again because I remember enjoying it and don't want to ruin it.

As a young Canadian I only turned south on Nickelback after The Long Road. Dark Horse is still on my 2008 MGS4 PS3 as a test album along with Trans-Siberian Orchestra's The Lost Christmas Eve which I listen to every year while wrapping presents.

Mature

Great MGS episode. Pretty much exactly how I'd hoped he'd handle South America. I'm glad they FINALLY remembered they could just use a compress as a panacea to their Stamina/Stress problem. Now if they coupled that with decreasing the amount of gear they have on hand, they'd probably be solid in regards to that for the rest of the game (Stumbling across the Muña would help too).

If Drew handles
Laughing Octopus
expeditiously, next episode is gonna be a whole lot of cutscene.

Not like Drew will have a clue who any of them are anyway.
He's keeping up very well in 4 story wise so far.

Dan's not really as big as a MGS fan as I thought he was.

He doesn't seem to remember anything about MGS4 from the looks of it, understandable if he hasn't played it since it came out. Kind of a shame that all the cool stuff in MGS4 is getting over looked though.

Like the rebel outfit he could have gotten in that first section of Act II that looks really badass, and how he could have helped the rebels do their objectives like blow up the engines in the facility they were attacking, which would end the assault waves of enemies, and jiggling the controller to shake Rosemary's boobs on the codec calls. Essential stuff like that.

Blastoise

Banned
MGS4 is godlike.

Holy fuck I can't believe Dan is straight up telling Drew about the patriots and shit. Just play the game, MGS4 wraps up pretty much every loose end.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It would have been the funniest thing if dan actually went ahead and spoiled who the patriots were. Seeing as he doesn't know any easter-egg stuff to tell drew, there's really nothing else he should be telling him, because by the end the game pretty much explains everything several times itself.

edit: ^ like blastoise said :p

No problem, if you pick up the pc version and are looking for people to play with let me know, I could do with some people who play rocket league on my friends list.

Cool. I added you on steam. I'll probably be buying it today or tomorrow.

repeater

Thanks! Strangely, I think they only mentioned the developer's name on the show.

Another (unrelated) question: I just got a Chromecast (for the first time). But it doesn't seem to support casting GB videos straight from my phone's Chrome. Is there any Android app that supports casting GB videos, including Premium stuff?

Nero18

MGS4 is godlike.

Holy fuck I can't believe Dan is straight up telling Drew about the patriots and shit. Just play the game, MGS4 wraps up pretty much every loose end.

Will be curious to see just how much of the games story hits home for Drew. With him only playing each game once and probably spent no time reading about the stories, can't fault him for not remembering characters and plot points. Hell, i've played each game at least a couple of times and I can barely remember what happens and who does what.

Thanks! Strangely, I think they only mentioned the developer's name on the show.

Another (unrelated) question: I just got a Chromecast (for the first time). But it doesn't seem to support casting GB videos straight from my phone's Chrome. Is there any Android app that supports casting GB videos, including Premium stuff?

Giant Bomb Video Buddy (not for live streams obviously)

Also Luchadeer. No idea if they differ in any meaningful way.

They are both pretty much identical functionally as far I can tell for chromecast purposes

Luchadeer has a more snazy looking UI but it hasnt taken me away from Giant Bomb video buddy which I still use as my main.

I should mess around with Luchadeer a bit again because its been a few months since I used it though.

LiK

not gonna lie, with the DQXI announcement, i wonder who's the next to put "DQXI is a thing" in their news tagline. it's becoming too familiar, lol

not gonna lie, with the DQXI announcement, i wonder who's the next to put "DQXI is a thing" in their news tagline. it's becoming too familiar, lol

Ya know. If they didnt drop the NX semi announcement in there I bet they wouldn't even cover it.

I hope it comes to the west. I really liked VIII after buying it for the FF12 demo but the last decade has not been kind to that franchise for me. By the time 9 came out here I think the Ds was already dead and I wasnt buying a new one.

Was the 3DS already a thing by then?

Ya know. If they didnt drop the NX semi announcement in there I bet they wouldn't even cover it.

I hope it comes to the west. I really liked VIII after buying it for the FF12 demo but the last decade has not been kind to that franchise for me. By the time 9 came out here I think the Ds was already dead and I wasnt buying a new one.

Was the 3DS already a thing by then?

well verendus blatantly said every dragon quest on playstation will make its way over to the west.

so i am cautiously optimistic

also Square Enix has told GameSpot that Dragon Quest XI and X are "under consideration" for NX and not officially confirmed.

but why would you name drop the NX in the first place if it is just "under consideration"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom