• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think the PS4 version will do well in japan?

You would think that it would be a massive system seller.

yeah, it'll do alright but you don't throw all of that money at making a full fledged PS4 JRPG solely to cater to the japanese audience. If all they were interested is maximizing japanese sales and keeping costs low, they would've just done the 3ds version and called it a day

FF4 is his favorite.

yeah, he mentioned that in his Final Fantasy 4 DS review

oh wait

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah, it'll do alright but you don't throw all of that money at making a full fledged PS4 JRPG solely to cater to the japanese audience. If all they were interested is maximizing japanese sales and keeping costs low, they would've just done the 3ds version and called it a day

It could have been Sony throwing them a lot of money to help establish an install base in Japan for their console. It's not like they'd make a Vita version.

I don't know. I assume the worst until proven otherwise with Dragon Quest like Yakuza. Even DQH, I knew it'd get localized because of Koei and their games being a quick translate.

It could have been Sony throwing them a lot of money to help establish an install base in Japan for their console. It's not like they'd make a Vita version.

I don't know. I assume the worst until proven otherwise with Dragon Quest like Yakuza. Even DQH, I knew it'd get localized because of Koei and their games being a quick translate.

there's some sony insider (i hate that i typed that out) that said that any Sony DQ games will 100% come to the west. So DQH1 (which was already announced for the west), DQBuilders and DQXI seem to be heading here without much issue. I suppose Sony is being generous with their DQ support, whereas Nintendo just seems tired of having to do SE's job and bringing all of their games over for them (as they did with the DS DQ games and Bravely Default). Which is also probably why we haven't seen the 3DS ports of DQVII and DQVIII announced for the west; seems SE is basically leaving it to Nintendo to do the dirty work in localizing those games and Nintendo doesn't seem to be biting anymore

there's some sony insider (i hate that i typed that out) that said that any Sony DQ games will 100% come to the west. So DQH1 (which was already announced for the west), DQBuilders and DQXI seem to be heading here without much issue. I suppose Sony is being generous with their DQ support, whereas Nintendo just seems tired of having to do SE's job and bringing all of their games over for them (as they did with the DS DQ games and Bravely Default). Which is also probably why we haven't seen the 3DS ports of DQVII and DQVIII announced for the west; seems SE is basically leaving it to Nintendo to do the dirty work in localizing those games and Nintendo doesn't seem to be biting anymore

i agree but the NX announcement is pretty weird. It seems too early to talk about that stuff

popo

Jeff has a really dirty laptop. Bad Bad Laptop!

also

2769289-drum.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I've been playing Bloodborne and enjoying it. I haven't had too much issue with any of the bosses except for a few, but I do like the fights with them. I like exploring the world of Bloodborne, but I have to say...

I'm tired of the respawning enemies. I've played the series on and off since Demon's Souls sans Dark Souls 2, and I just don't see the point of the respawning enemies anymore. I get that it's supposed to make the boss fights harder to get to so you can't keep spamming them and get it through brute forcing it, but a lot of the time, the best option is just to run past those enemies anyways. And now I stop playing the game multiple times because 'man I want to try that boss again' is countered by 'i have to run by 8 of those guys with the fucking canes and i really don't feell ike it' or 'oh there's like 8 guys with guns on cliffs there. that will be fun to run again'

Oh and the NPC Hunters with guns are bullshit and super cheap and don't feel like they belong in a Souls game. Like they're one of the few 'no, I didn't fuck up. This particular unit is just incredibly cheap/has infinite stamina and infinite bullets and can dodge spam like crazy.' Luckily they don't respawn

Bacon

So I've been playing Bloodborne and enjoying it. I haven't had too much issue with any of the bosses except for a few, but I do like the fights with them. I like exploring the world of Bloodborne, but I have to say...

I'm tired of the respawning enemies. I've played the series on and off since Demon's Souls sans Dark Souls 2, and I just don't see the point of the respawning enemies anymore. I get that it's supposed to make the boss fights harder to get to so you can't keep spamming them and get it through brute forcing it, but a lot of the time, the best option is just to run past those enemies anyways. And now I stop playing the game multiple times because 'man I want to try that boss again' is countered by 'i have to run by 8 of those guys with the fucking canes and i really don't feell ike it' or 'oh there's like 8 guys with guns on cliffs there. that will be fun to run again'

Oh and the NPC Hunters with guns are bullshit and super cheap and don't feel like they belong in a Souls game. Like they're one of the few 'no, I didn't fuck up. This particular unit is just incredibly cheap/has infinite stamina and infinite bullets and can dodge spam like crazy.' Luckily they don't respawn

You should play Dark Souls 2. If you kill the enemies enough times they eventually stop respawning

Eeuuugh, my body just instantly recoiled into nausea at the namedropping of Jane McGonigal and "gamification" on that Pixels podcast. Like, c'mon, McGonigal is the biggest fucking charlatan who thinks games will somehow "save Africa," and gamification is the most soulless, nightmarish corporate shit designed intently to get people to work more for less (or no) reward.

Wait is someone trying to say that ffxii isn't good? That's like the only 3d ff I genuinely love. If they'd remaster it, make the summons skippable, and make that spear quest less fucked, it might be the best non-atlus ps2 jrpg

I don't count those as mainline FF games, that's the numbered single player games to me.
Yeah most don't and I understand why, sadly 14 is probably better than any Final Fantasy after 9 and a lot of people won't ever play it.

And yeah FF12 HD needs to happen, I didn't play a lot of the game but what I did play was real neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom