• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I'm kind of really surprised I have never seen myself in a "Complain about Jeff" thread. I think I got over that phase before the Neo part of GAF got added though.

There was a LOT of those kind of threads on GameFAQs and other forums back in the day. It's pretty telling to see how many celebrated in threads about him getting fired. People were calling him jaded even back then.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think my favorite quote from that thread, given how Giant Bomb came to exist with the staff it had at the start:

His reviews could be used to declare him legally retarded in some countries.
From what I understand most other people at Gamespot have no respect for him and his positions but he is protected by seniority.

edit:

There was a LOT of those kind of threads on GameFAQ and other forums back in the day. It's pretty telling to see how many celebrated in threads about him getting fired. People were calling him jaded even back then.

I'm pretty sure my opinion of him when he got fired was along the lines of "He was a big part of why I didn't visit Gamespot, but that's fucked and clearly he has some convictions so I'm going to start following what he does"

Tan

Neversoft_Logo.png

Nevarosoft?

Zaph

Drew's reaction to
Rose
on the latest MGS was great. Making her the person you talk to to reduce stress is just a great troll by Kojima, then following up with Snake calling Campbell out made it perfect.

Really hope we get more of gossipy Snake.

To me, the soundtrack to THPS2 (and 3) was the perfect soundtrack in the perfect game at the perfect time. But these days, I would never want to listen to any of that unless I was playing the game.

if you ask everyone what their favorite tony hawk game is, one game wouldn't be the obvious favorite

2 and 3 are the critically acclaimed ones that would be the equivalent "3 or World," but the first five games are all fantastic (THUG being the best IMO), and there are plenty of people that love each separate game the most

even after the first five games, they were still good to great up until the end of the Neversoft era

hell, even someone in this thread said Project 8 was in their top 10 of the last generation

To me, the soundtrack to THPS2 (and 3) was the perfect soundtrack in the perfect game at the perfect time. But these days, I would never want to listen to any of that unless I was playing the game.

as someone who listens to a lot of hip-hop, no soundtrack is touching THUG's

hell, THUG is part of why I listen to a lot of hip-hop to begin with

It was a nice development because I had been getting tired of the game up to that point.

Yeah. I mean, it's kind of my fault since I was just running around doing quests in Novigrad and getting really tired of that city, but all I had left to do was some witcher contracts and some secondary quests that I wasn't high enough to handle yet. So I finally decided to set off. And now I'm glad I did.

popo

I am a game renter so occasionally I update by rental list for new and upcoming games.

With that in mind, here are some random observations I found weird/interesting.

This is all PAL UK releases.

• There are two Trials Fusion retail editions. Vanilla and one with all the DLC, inc. the unicorn crap.
  • The Escapists came out as a retail disc on PS4.
  • Brothers
    (less than 10 games better than)
    is getting a retail release in September. I guess this counts as a HD remaster - although AFAIK it is untouched since the PC/last gen version.
  • The Golf Club is finally getting an EU retail release in September

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, pro-tip if you want to get a really cheap sauna for your house....

Wait until you're in the middle of a Canadian Summer where it's literally 40Celsius outside (104F) and then go start the oven at 350, then one of the stove top to High, the rice cooker AND finally the microwave... All at the same time.

Maybe I now have all my lunches set for the rest of the week but holy shit I just want to die

Hey guys, pro-tip if you want to get a really cheap sauna for your house....

Wait until you're in the middle of a Canadian Summer where it's literally 40Celsius outside (104F) and then go start the oven at 350, then one of the stove top to High, the rice cooker AND finally the microwave... All at the same time.

Maybe I now have all my lunches set for the rest of the week but holy shit I just want to die

What

that's horrible advice. That's like saying if you want a cheap air conditioner to leave your refrigerator door open.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I was thinking. Is 'Charming' the game journalists version of visceral when it comes to indie games? That has got to be the most overused term anytime I see something on a small budget or made by a small team.

- J - D -

Metal Gear Scanlon 4 - Part 06
PREMIUM VIDEO ON JUL 29, 2015 09:00 PM

Awesome.

After watching the previous MGScanlon episode, I'm so stoked to see more of Drew straight owning this game with his custom M4. It's a shame then that there's only going to be about another hour total of him being able to do so before MGS4 devolves into cutscenes, sneaking through Europe without a weapon, and fighting against robots.

Awesome.

After watching the previous MGScanlon episode, I'm so stoked to see more of Drew straight owning this game with his custom M4. It's a shame then that there's only going to be about another hour total of him being able to do so before MGS4 devolves into cutscenes, sneaking through Europe without a weapon, and fighting against robots.

How many hours of actual, decent gameplay are there in MGS4?

Because...it seems like there aren't many.

Lunar FC

Awesome.

The last time I saw/played the
rex vs ray fight
was when the game first came out. I'm a little worried that it wont be a cool as I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom