• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGS4 is literally about 30% gameplay and 70% cutscenes.

Like, what Drew has left-
Last bit of Brazil
Laughing Octopus
APC Chase/getaway

Then it's on to France?
Sneaking part
Car Chase
Raging Raven

Then it's Shadow Moses
Shadow Moses(ALL OF THE MOSES)
Crying Wolf
Vamp
Metal Gear Ray fight

Then Outer Haven

Which has some meaty gameplay sections.
It's not that bad actually by itself, but it is eclipsed by the amount of cutscenes

MGS4 is literally about 30% gameplay and 70% cutscenes.

Like, what Drew has left-
Spoiler some of that stuff, some folks haven't played the game and there's a chance that drew could see it as bombers check this thread.

Also, this card dungeon quick look thing could be used to quiet raging infants and end the long shadow cast by insomnia that plagues so many.

- J - D -

How many hours of actual, decent gameplay are there in MGS4?

Because...it seems like there aren't many.

There aren't many, but on the bright side, there some really great boss fights he hasn't yet come across yet.

The last time I saw/played the
rex vs ray fight
was when the game first came out. I'm a little worried that it wont be a cool as I remember.

Having played MGS4 just a couple months ago (the first time since its release), I thought it was still cool as hell. I mean, say what you want about how dumb MGS is or how badly it's aged, but fighting
a Metal Gear with a Metal Gear
will always be awesome.

Wanted to post this again to see if someone remembers:

There was a moment on the Bombcast, some time around a year ago (maybe more?) where a user submitted an email about the gang getting drunk in Boston and doing motion capture for a new video game.

The email was fucking hilarious and at the end there is just stunned silence and Jeff goes... "That...didn't happen."

I could not stop laughing and I can't find the date/ time stamp. Been searching for that forever and I can't find it.

If someone has a clip of it...oh man.

Megasoum

Banned

There was a moment on the Bombcast, some time around a year ago (maybe more?) where a user submitted an email about the gang getting drunk in Boston and doing motion capture for a new video game.

The email was fucking hilarious and at the end there is just stunned silence and Jeff goes... "That...didn't happen."

I could not stop laughing and I can't find the date/ time stamp. Been searching for that forever and I can't find it.

I vaguely remember the email but yeah can't tell you which episode...

You tried searching through Gaf and the the Bombcast threads? I'm sure somebody mentionned "Motion capture" in that week's thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735819

A quick google search turned up this thread, where someone mentions an "indian developer with stolen mocap data" could that be it?

I'm just now starting the latest MGS4 episode. The Doctor Octopus girl is related to (or actually is)
Decoy Octopus from MGS1
isn't she?

justjim89

I just spent way too much time writing a Giant Bomb tribute song to the tune of Danny Boy, and as I sat and pondered over which reference to fit in which line, I realized I am the worst kind of fan.

Mr. F

Banned
I tried 'reserving' or whatever

upgraded to service pack 1

the little thing never popped in the bottom right corner(Yes I have a legit windows)

oh well, I don't really need windows 10

It might take a couple days, I randomly had it pop up in my task bar a little while after updating to 8.1.

Zebetite

Banned
Then Outer Haven

Which has some meaty gameplay sections.

"some" is a very strong word

it is a single map-- the only map with like, actually good level design in the game, and its populated with the most annoying enemies in the game so its a huge pain in the ass to actually take advantage of that level design in a meaningful way. then a mediocre boss fight, then the
microwave corridor
then the last boss.

if you skip cutscenes and do everything on your first try, act 5 cumulatively has like 15-20 minutes of gameplay

This may seem weird, but since I don't have an XB1, I'm actually excited about being able to try out Project Spark after upgrading to Windows 10. I have Windows 7 currently and Project Spark is locked behind Windows 8 and above. Also excited about Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, considering I'll get that for free as well.

G1v3NCu.png

Automatically choose accent color from desktop background is feature of the year 2015

I've been using Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2 for months and 90% of the time I forget I wasn't on Windows 8.1 but it's nice to see people who never understood how 8 worked act like it's a revelation :3

I've been using Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2 for months and 90% of the time I forget I wasn't on Windows 8.1 but it's nice to see people who never understood how 8 worked act like it's a revelation :3

The first thing I did when building my PC (my first windows PC since vista) was install classic shell. Never gave 8 a chance.

Using it on my surface, though, was amazing. It really was a wonderful OS for touch devices.

Snapping apps in the new way is gonna take some getting used to and I'm kinda gonna miss the desktop tile on the start menu, but tablet mode seems great so far. Loving that Edge can transition between touch and desktop so well, rather than switching between the metro IE and regular IE on 8.

Edit: Yeah, the more I use it the more I think snapping kind of got a downgrade.

The best thing about Windows 10 is how they've actually managed to make things worse when it comes to location vs. language (I guess most of this happened in Win8 already but I never tried it). Can't even find the fucking calculator by that name on an English language copy of Windows.

Oh and thanks for the super useful Cortana that works in whopping seven countries.
I just updated to SP1 today @_@ tomorrows the deadline

Erm, you have a full year to do the upgrade. No hurry.

katagai

I'm just now starting the latest MGS4 episode. The Doctor Octopus girl is related to (or actually is)
Decoy Octopus from MGS1
isn't she?

Pretty sure Decoy Octopus was disguised as the DARPA Chief in MGS1 (since they accidently killed the real one when they were torturing him for information on the card/password to arm Rex or something) and subsequently dies due to his exposure to FOXDIE. Whether she's related to him or not, I honestly don't remember.

Pretty sure Decoy Octopus was disguised as the DARPA Chief in MGS1 (since they accidently killed the real one when they were torturing him for information on the card/password to arm Rex or something) and subsequently dies due to his exposure to FOXDIE. Whether she's related to him or not, I honestly don't remember.

I'm pretty sure there's no relation, it's just Kojima paying homage to FOXHOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom