• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

I just think the revelation about Quiet will be
she had her tongue removed when she was tortured. I don't think there's been any footage of her where she opens her mouth yet.

robotrock

Banned
Gotta admit I'm enjoying MGS4 the most out of all Scanlons. Watching Drew fiddle around with controls for the past three games was indeed awesome, but it's a nice change of pace just watching this movie now.

bet she's a metal gear

Jintor

man i totally forgot how many boob shots there were of naomi.

i mean, i get it; south america's probably super hot and humid and that hut doesn't look like it's got air conditioning.

but yo. i was pretty much with drew every time he shook his head whenever the camera just jammed itself into naomi's chest.

i feel like they are going to have the speed up MGS4 to get it done before MGS5

If they continue at 2 episodes a week, and go for around an hour, then that is just 8 hours before September 1st

They've already played 6 - 7 hours, and based on the gameplay avarage this is a 18 hour game.

I feel like they are around 3 - 4 hours off deadline based on current speed.

They need to to shove a few 2 hour episodes in!!

hamchan

i feel like they are going to have the speed up MGS4 to get it done before MGS5

If they continue at 2 episodes a week, and go for around an hour, then that is just 8 hours before September 1st

They've already played 6 - 7 hours, and based on the gameplay avarage this is a 18 hour game.

I feel like they are around 3 - 4 hours off deadline based on current speed.

They need to to shove a few 2 hour episodes in!!

Even if they record MGS5 they aren't going to show it until 6 months later.

Even if they record MGS5 they aren't going to show it until 6 months later.

I never said that. I think both Drew and Dan would like to finish MGS4 before 5 comes out regardless. It seems tidy

As for site content, I think Drew/Dan would be the right team to do a QL of MGS5 - but with Dan playing.

It just seems right to have MGS4 done before the MGS5 release date

I never said that. I think Drew and Dan would like to finish MGS4 before 5 comes out regardless. It seems tidy

As for site content, I thin Drew/Dan would be the right team to do a QL of MGS - but with Dan playing.

It just seems right to have MGS4 done before the MGS5 release date

We haven't actually seen Dan play a MGS game yet, have we?

I truly wonder how long that game is going to be.

I feel like the main story won't be thaaaat long, but there's going to be an insane amount of side ops, I imagine.

robotrock

Banned
We haven't actually seen Dan play a MGS game yet, have we?
I think he may have played a little in Demo Dirby. If not, he totally played some MGS1 during Metal Gear Scanlon. I think he controlled it for a good 15 seconds, seeing if he could do something that Drew couldn't. IIRC he could not do it.
I feel like the main story won't be thaaaat long, but there's going to be an insane amount of side ops, I imagine.
Hope it's not longer than MGS4, but yeah fill it to the brim with side quests. I'm sure they will.

Myggen

Oh nice, another Film & 40s this weekend. The Hunt for Red October is an excellent choice.

CLIGQ9yUAAAHwB2.jpg

man i totally forgot how many boob shots there were of naomi.

i mean, i get it; south america's probably super hot and humid and that hut doesn't look like it's got air conditioning.

but yo. i was pretty much with drew every time he shook his head whenever the camera just jammed itself into naomi's chest.

Remember when Naomi was a stuffy scientist? Me neither.

Also, regarding their speculation over why Snake dropped a cigarette, I think they missed a secret prompt to look up her skirt.

Finally caught up on Us vs Them: Rematch. Happy for QLcrew having the archived chat feature to see what the live reactions were.

Time for Metal Gear Scanlon S04E06.divx

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Funny how drew followed the correct path all the way to the trapdoor/skylight where he was meant to go, and then decided it wasn't the way to go.

Wasn't there a thing where you could take pictures of the b&b's modeling after you defeated them?
Yep, I don't remember how you do it but you go into a mode where they just pose while you take pictures. I think you have to go into it during the beauty section of the fight but that's probably wrong.

For the record, Kojima is not a native English speaker and to take his words literally when a lot of context/intent can be lost from Japanese to English translation is rather foolhardy. That VICE article about the Quiet theory isn't actually based on anything solid, just fan speculation that's been going on for years - which is Kojima's favorite thing to fuck with, if you'll remember.

Jintor

Man I really love the intent of the stealth octofight bossfight. Unfortunately I still find MGS generally too annoying to control to really truly enjoy it, but it's quite entertaining.

/edit wow i forgot how terrible this post-beast dialogue was

Myggen

For the record, Kojima is not a native English speaker and to take his words literally when a lot of context/intent can be lost from Japanese to English translation is rather foolhardy. That VICE article about the Quiet theory isn't actually based on anything solid, just fan speculation that's been going on for years - which is Kojima's favorite thing to fuck with, if you'll remember.

Yeah, and I've never been convinced by that theory. I generally agree with VICE in that I don't really trust Kojima to handle something like that in a very good way, but that article is built on taking a fan theory at face value and then speculating about what Kojima might do with it. It's a pretty weak premise for an article. Wait until we actually know how that turns out, then write your think pieces.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Okay so,
SNIP

Paz reveals that she is actually an adult woman named Pacifica Ocean, and that she was recruited by "Cipher" (the prototypical form of the Patriots) and forced to destroy Big Boss and MSF for refusing to return to their control. Big Boss disables ZEKE and Paz falls into the ocean. Miller then reveals that he was aware of who Paz was all along: he had been trying to use Cipher's funding to help build MSF into a successful business. Big Boss remarks that now the whole world will be after them, and makes a speech to his troops about how they are now a part of Outer Heaven.

GOD

I've never played PW, but god almighty. Pacifica Ocean? what the fuck

Still, Hot Coldman will never not be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom