• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

watching them play rocket league and then watching them naturally fall into voice chat is kinda making me want to see splatoon with VoIP or something.

let's see what the august update brings

Geez, do they really need to mock the exposition, when it'll help them progress in the game? I feel like, yeah, make fun of how Raiden is telling them about tracking, but watch in the next episode, they'll probably completely forget where they're going and how to do it. The impatience that Drew has when he plays just makes me not wanna watch these someteimes. If he's doing this only because viewers want him to, and not because he wants to play these games, I wish he'd just stop.

It's also been driving me nuts how Drew also keeps forgetting that you can BUY AMMO. Come on already.

Jintor

So... I think I will be in Tokyo when Charisma.com is playing at the Ebisu LIQUIDROOM.

How do I go about getting a ticket?

As far as I can tell check that apple store link.

Damnitttttt, I'm mad jealous! Why did they announce on literally the only day I have anything booked?!?!

Geez, do they really need to mock the exposition, when it'll help them progress in the game? I feel like, yeah, make fun of how Raiden is telling them about tracking, but watch in the next episode, they'll probably completely forget where they're going and how to do it. The impatience that Drew has when he plays just makes me not wanna watch these someteimes. If he's doing this only because viewers want him to, and not because he wants to play these games, I wish he'd just stop.

It's also been driving me nuts how Drew also keeps forgetting that you can BUY AMMO. Come on already.

MGS4 has the worst exposition I've ever experienced in a creative work. Most of it deserves mocking.

Volotaire

Proxy wars. War economy. System ID's. Peripheral AI.

I love all of the MGS unnecessary terminology that manages to describe the entire lore in a game and is passively inserted into conversation.

jgminto

Y'all gotta watch the Roundabout SGDQ run featuring Jeffrey the Skeleton, Dan Teasdale and others. Easily the highlight of the event so far.

So... I think I will be in Tokyo when Charisma.com is playing at the Ebisu LIQUIDROOM.

How do I go about getting a ticket?
I mean the usual answer is "you're boned if you're out of the country" but you should actually be able to buy tickets for LIQUIDROOM online. Assuming they take foreign credit cards.

I don't know how good your Japanese is or if this link will work but it looks like the tickets don't go on sale until 9/6

http://md-search.pia.jp/pia/venue/venue.do?page=5&venueCd=LQRM&includeSaleEnd=fuzzy&mode=12

Also you're somewhat lucky in that it looks like you should be able to buy them outright instead of having to deal with a lottery system. If you have more specific questions, go ask in the jpop thread. Several regulars there have experience with the joy of buying Japanese concert tickets

E: or you could ask jintor nicely if he could swing by a Lawson's for you I guess? ;)

Scarecrow

Except 80% of the stuff Raiden was saying doesn't matter. All you need to know is to use NV mode. Then when they hit the next area, Raiden will talk AGAIN about the new way you're supposed to track Naomi. I wish the game had let you try to figure it out on your own.

Hey, have you heard about Private Military Companies? They're thriving because of the War Economy!

PMCs!

PMCs! The SYSTEM!!

They're CONTROLLED by the SYSTEM!

CQC COMPATIBLE!

CQC, REAL BIG BOSS STYLE~

The hour-ish spoiler Bombcast on MGS4 after the original GB crew beat the game is a great listen even in present day. I hope Dan and Drew check that out after beating the game, or they record their own even!

But damn, watching MGScanlon4 and witnessing the cutscenes again, it's undeniable that the foundations and ideas seemed there for MGS4 to be outstanding, but at the same time it feels like Kojima and maybe even Murata (co-writer and co-director) were going out of their way to kill fan theories while explaining the series' big questions. Like the big from this episode about
Snake's rapid aging being a byproduct of him being a clone and not a side-effect of the FOXDIE nanos
, which in retrospect is really the only tame and respectable explanation that doesn't reek of retcon.

... I'm not the happiest guy with regards to MGS4. >_>

Renpatsu

I don't know how good your Japanese is or if this link will work but it looks like the tickets don't go on sale until 9/6
Thanks Stump. My Japanese is non-existent (unless it's Giant Bomb related).
I'll solicit the jpop thread for advice.
E: or you could ask jintor nicely if he could swing by a Lawson's for you I guess? ;)
Jintor, you are my backup!

Jams775

Is their site down for anybody else? Just woke up this morning and was ready to have a cup of coffee and watch Metal Gear Scanlon.

Edit:
Everyone just rushed to gb to cancel their subs and now the site is down.

Guess it is.

My interest in Sierra adventure games basically extends as far as 3 or 4 of the leisure suit Larry games. And that's only because in those cases the humor outweighs the burden of actually playing the games

Rufuscrim

Neo Member
Site's down for maintenance with a new episode of Metal Gear Scanlon just sitting there.

When will our long national nightmare be over?

Edit: Our long national nightmare is over.

Haunted

I was rooting for GBEast to pull it back in the RL rematch and they truly delivered. Excellent content!

what a story

what a season

hamchan

Best part of the Rocket League rematch was the camaraderie shown between GBeast with their high-fives, handshakes, backslaps and just an overall encouraging attitude given to each other the whole game. These are the types of connections you make on the pitch.

What a huge difference from the first match.

The new Rocket League DLC and free add-on seems cool. A whole bunch of cosmetic items for $3.99 then a free add-on featuring a spectator mode and a new arena + other stuff.

The new Rocket League DLC and free add-on seems cool. A whole bunch of cosmetic items for $3.99 then a free add-on featuring a spectator mode and a new arena + other stuff.
If the cosmetic stuff is anywhere as dumb as a 70s stoner van that shoots money or makes lawnmower sounds I'm totally buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom