• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cosmetic stuff is anywhere as dumb as a 70s stoner van that shoots money or makes lawnmower sounds I'm totally buying it

Haha.

The new cars look pretty sweet. The new arena is nice as well.

19949115088_4dfd26f941_b.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...les-game-modes-and-trophies-coming-in-august/

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Everything rorie touches turns to golden retriever

Rorie is so good in this quick look man.

You guys are so missing out.

Sad to be missing out on such good content.

i don't think i've ever dislike a duder on a QL for their personality or style.

However, watching someone just not get the game is so infuriating. Like when Alex struggled with pikmin 3, or when brad botched the SOTC HD QL. That stuff flusters the hell out of me.

Even if they finished MGS4 in time for V's release, I doubt they would play it immediately. They would probably wait for a couple of months at least, until most people have beat it.

Besides, I want them to play through Peace Walker in coop.

Even if they finished MGS4 in time for V's release, I doubt they would play it immediately. They would probably wait for a couple of months at least, until most people have beat it.

Besides, I want them to play through Peace Walker in coop.

I'd like them to play peace walker HD up to the first ending and Rising. Peace walker should be easy enough: it uses a simplified control scheme compare to other MGS games and is Monhun-like in some ways and drew took to MH4. so if/when they do that, it would be nice to see how he responds to it

I just want to see the tears regarding Rising because there's no way it doesn't end in a bloodbath.

On hindsight, it's hilarious how many people got stuck there the first time (including me) since all you had to do was learn the one basic mechanic that is the whole point of the core gameplay and has a huge timing window to land.

the fight is ridiculously easy if the player pays an ounce of attention to what the game is telling you

problem is that most players are too busy slashing and jumping and being vicious killing monsters to have time for that. when i played it, i was not only surprised by how much it pushes parrying in your face but also how open the window is and how easy it is to pull off.

This isn't viewtiful joe or bayonetta, where the window is much smaller and requires a bit of practice to get right. this is almost babby's parry time volume 1 levels of easy

Considering the lack of attention Dan and Drew pay the games, they would assuredly get stuck at the Wolf boss fight and then blame the game for not explaining itself properly.

Rising keeps the best part of MGS (the craziness) and replaces the shitty gameplay with awesome Platinum combat; it's clearly the best entry in the series. Maybe Drew can run it with Jeff rather than Dan.

hamchan

Rising takes like 6 hours to beat. Add in the Drew tax and you have a nice 12 hour series there. Can finish it in like a month.

Rising keeps the best part of MGS (the craziness) and replaces the shitty gameplay with awesome Platinum combat; it's clearly the best entry in the series. Maybe Drew can run it with Jeff rather than Dan.

It's also all of Kojima's basic story ideas, but with efficient editing of exposition. Also, Drew and Jeff is an amazing idea.

Don't you think drew might actually be better at Rising? If you're just playing on normal you can pretty much beat the game by attacking like a crazy person. Some of the bosses might be an issue but barely

hamchan

they honestly can't play 5 without playing peace walker. the former is a sequel to the latter.

Gosh I hope not. I hope Ground Zeroes was just the wrap up to Peace Walker and everything else that relates to it in 5 can just be inferred. Peace Walker didn't sell amazingly well after all and it's not wise for Kojima to assume the audience knows what happened in that game.

Don't you think drew might actually be better at Rising? If you're just playing on normal you can pretty much beat the game by attacking like a crazy person. Some of the bosses might be an issue but barely
If he gets parrying down then yes,but I don't know that he would get the parrying down.

Volotaire

Grabbed it for £5 last year and I enjoyed it despite some weaknesses in pacing, variety of combat and weapons, storytelling and characters. Loading times were a bit infuriating and I encoutered one or two glitches. the London underground setting is what made me carry on through the game.

I'll double dip on PC only if some interesting mods get devloped for it over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom