• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
King's Quest looks much more like the direction I would have liked to seen adventure games gone than the telltale way(particularly the Walking Dead way).

King's Quest looks much more like the direction I would have liked to seen adventure games gone than the telltale way(particularly the Walking Dead way).

It really does. It looks like what i imagined a well done 3D Dragon's Lair would've looked and played like. I can't wait for it to be cheap so I can snap it up

My point about Kojima stands. All those gratuitous shots of the laughing octopus or whatever were really gross, even more so when Dan explained the origin of it all.

KingKong

all these MGS4 cutscenes and infodumps wouldnt be so bad if they werent so boring and nonsensical. For all his obsession with movies, Kojima is a pretty poor director

How did Brad mess up the SotC quick look? Never watched that one.

And everything that happens in Ground Zeroes/V is set up by Peace Walker. It's a legitimate MGS game after all. Skipping it or just bulk consuming hours of audio tapes isn't really the best way to go about it.

MGS's writing is as stupid as Final Fantasy's writing. It's just in a different way.

They're both not good, but I prefer the Final Fantasy brand of nonsense. It has been a long while since I played a Final Fantasy game, though. I just know that watching MGScanlon has reminded me how crappy the Metal Gear dialogue is.

There have been so many nonsensical FF games that I think that comparison is unfair.

While MGS isn't exactly the greatest or the best told story in gaming at least it makes sense...mostly.

Xater

There have been so many nonsensical FF games that I think that comparison is unfair.

While MGS isn't exactly the greatest or the best told story in gaming at least it makes sense...mostly.

FFXIII for example feels like it was written by someone with no understanding of basic storytelling.

robotrock

Banned
Stuff like those seem so much funnier when you're watching live, but in retrospect it's like "Yeah that's a dumb thing to say" or "Yeah technical issues happen". Viewing the GB-talks-over-conference videos later make it seem like they overreact to many things, even though at the time I was right there with them.

When watching those live, it seemed like they were overreacting too. Playing it up.

Myggen

Stuff like those seem so much funnier when you're watching live, but in retrospect it's like "Yeah that's a dumb thing to say" or "Yeah technical issues happen". Viewing the GB-talks-over-conference videos later make it seem like they overreact to many things, even though at the time I was right there with them.

Probably because you've watched them before and know what's gonna be said.

It's weird hearing about Giant Bomb overreacting to E3 press conferences when a lot of the complaints this year was that they didn't react enough to certain announcements.

Lol, Wasn't even thinking of them when I made that comment. Sorry, wasn't trying to bring them up :p

I'll agree that Kinda Funny are terrible though. Or at least Greg Miller is. He's always been terrible when he's showed up on Giant Bomb.

My slash fiction is better now!
image.php

justjim89

I love me some Greg Miller. Seems like a good dude and shares the same kind of genuine enthusiasm for games that Dan has. He'd fit right in at Giant Bomb.

#TeamFat

LiK

i started listening to Kinda Funny podcast recently and i like it. not a fan of some of the topics but Greg is cool.

Lunar FC

I tried watching that kinda funny daily show they do and it was basically them just reading news stories off other sites. That's the best idea they had?

I like Greg Miller, but I don't find the other Kinda Funny people that interesting. I haven't spent a lot of time watching their stuff, to be fair.

Speaking of San Francisco media personalities, I bet Max Scoville's gonna be hired at some point. Likes old games, is really funny, seems to respect Giant Bomb and Jeff going by his Tumblr, and knows Dan. He seems like the Giant Bomb type. They've mentioned him on the Bombcast a couple of times too.

mattp

I like Greg Miller, but I don't find the other Kinda Funny people that interesting. I haven't spent a lot of time watching their stuff, to be fair.

Speaking of San Francisco media personalities, I bet Max Scoville's gonna be hired at some point. Likes old games, is really funny, seems to respect Giant Bomb and Jeff going by his Tumblr, and knows Dan. He seems like the Giant Bomb type. They've mentioned him on the Bombcast a couple of times too.

:\

Bacon

Yeah max is going to be a great fit after brad leaves.

As much of a poorly-thought out cluster fuck the whole Red Ash kickstarter was, I do really want a new game in that style. Maybe I should go back and play MM Legends 2, which I never played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom