• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad they finished Contradiction but man was that ending a big let down, even though I completely understand why they went that route for the first game. There were so many great threads in that story that the game could have gone in any direction. Can't wait for the sequel, their performances were really good for being done on such a budget. Props for ending the story on a grounded and realistic note, even if I was expecting something different.

Yeah, that's basically my takeaway.

I really hope they can go for a sequel.
BriskGracefulBluebottlejellyfish.gif

No reaction whatsoever.

What is a non-MGS person supposed to be seeing here? Snake fainting or something?

Yeah, that's basically my takeaway.

I really hope they can go for a sequel.

What is a non-MGS person supposed to be seeing here? Snake fainting or something?

If you hold the first person view button, you'll realize that Snake is trying to look up her skirt.

Also when Snake's life/psyche gauge randomly appears in cutscenes it's because whatever is happening in the cutscene either makes Snake more depressed or boosts his spirits a bit. But since Drew is always killing his way through the game, his psyche meter is almost always completely drained in these scenes, so no change is reflected in the psyche meter.

If you hold the first person view button, you'll realize that Snake is trying to look up her skirt.

Also when Snake's life/psyche gauge randomly appears in cutscenes it's because whatever is happening in the cutscene either makes Snake more depressed or boosts his spirits a bit. But since Drew is always killing his way through the game, his psyche meter is almost always completely drained in these scenes, so no change is reflected in the psyche meter.

Oh.

MGS is rather genius.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'see, I don't approach this as kojima should stop doing weird pervy stuff altogether, rather that he should make more of an effort to spread it around to both genders.

To be fair metal gear does have a lot of stuff that appeals to pervs of various persuasion, it's just that there are too much focus on female sexuality. You get pretty boy raiden, snake's glorious butt, the miller stuff in peace walker, and old snake having an adopted daughter with otacon is practically a yaoi fangirl's wet dream. Metal gear solid is pretty damn popular in yaoi circles. Trust me on this.

Jintor

personally i just find it weird because snake doesn't really seem like the kinda guy who'd drop a ciggie to look up someone's dress, it's an otherwise serious scene, and naomi doesn't react in any way. like, i get that there joke is there, but it only really works if it fits the character. snake's a weirdo but generally speaking he doesn't really seem like that kind of weirdo.

on the other hand, the eva/snake shadow 'sex position' thing in mgs3 was hilarious because big boss is terrible with social interaction and eva is classic bond sexpot.

tuxfool

Banned
personally i just find it weird because snake doesn't really seem like the kinda guy who'd drop a ciggie to look up someone's dress, it's an otherwise serious scene, and naomi doesn't react in any way. like, i get that there joke is there, but it only really works if it fits the character. snake's a weirdo but generally speaking he doesn't really seem like that kind of weirdo.

You mean masturbating to pin-up posters while inside lockers isn't that kind of weirdo?

Antiwhippy

What I don't get about contradiction is how is 500 pounds considered as a massive sum.

It's still a lot, but not that much.

jaina

What I don't get about contradiction is how is 500 pounds considered as a massive sum.

It's still a lot, but not that much.
For
blackmail
, it's way too low. I believe Ryan that it's a
little incentive for her to continue "testing"

Myggen

Oh, nice to see that GB is probably gonna "talk over" Microsoft's Gamescom conference. Makes sense that it'll be a GBEast thing since it'll be on at 7am on the west coast.

jaina

Isn't it to silence Kate about the affair?
Only 500 quid for THIS?
A divorce would cost Ryan thousandfold. Although I could see Rebecca just shrugging off an affair. Kate must've been a bad business woman, and not Prime Candidate material at all.

ArjanN

For
blackmail
, it's way too low. I believe Ryan that it's a
little incentive for her to continue "testing"

Actually generally the
blackmailer will just keep milking you over and over, and a lower amount makes it more likely for the victim to pay up.

Balb

Watched the Tembo quick look...it was funny how whenever Vinny said anything remotely positive about the game, Alex shut him down with a lot of "yeah...but..."s

Megasoum

Banned
Watched the Tembo quick look...it was funny how whenever Vinny said anything remotely positive about the game, Alex shut him down with a lot of "yeah...but..."s

That game looks like the most boring and generic shit I've seen.

Also I feel it looks a lot more like the rhino parts in Donkey Kong Country than a Sonic game.

Xater

I only played the demo and totally share the feelings Alex has. The game looks charming but is just kinda there. Controls could be better, level design more interesting and potentially having to go back to collect stuff is also just meh. Feels like a game to have fun with for a couple of hours if you can get it for 5 bucks. If you ask for 15 bucks these days you can just do so much better.

Xater

i think after like a few years i finally figured out i don't really like platformers very much

I like the occasional one, but definitely also not my favorite thing. Mario is generally good, I enjoy Mega Man and I am also looking forward to the new Ratchet.

Jintor

I like the occasional one, but definitely also not my favorite thing. Mario is generally good, I enjoy Mega Man and I am also looking forward to the new Ratchet.

turns out what i like are beat-em-ups or metroidvanias, but straight up platformers... eh...

not even marios draw me. I appreciate their art and watching, say, the mario maker grand finals was really cool but i don't really like playing them very much

Antiwhippy

I like platformers that encourage something... else. Hard for me to describe.

Like, I absolutely love dustforce, with the way it utilises diagonal movement, not to mention the way it structures the level that doesn't encourage the collectathon aspect that most nintendo platformers have, and it's more about finding the optimal path. In fact that's pretty much why I found nintendo platformers super boring.

Also has a rippin' soundtrack, which always helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXH5G_bqrlc&list=PLBB4108C5CB4E1DD6

Xater

turns out what i like are beat-em-ups or metroidvanias, but straight up platformers... eh...

not even marios draw me. I appreciate their art and watching, say, the mario maker grand finals was really cool but i don't really like playing them very much

Oh yeah, definitely prefer Metroidvanias. They are one of my favorite things. Can't get enough of those.

Antiwhippy

Actually seeing my love for super meat boy and dustforce I just love platformers that encourages super fast forward momentum.

Jintor

Actually seeing my love for super meat boy and dustforce I just love platformers that encourages super fast forward momentum.

i still haven't played dustforce

i don't know why, it kinda looks like my thing

didn't really like meat boy. enjoyed how it played more than others say but the core concept, eh, i dunno

Antiwhippy

i still haven't played dustforce

i don't know why, it kinda looks like my thing

didn't really like meat boy. enjoyed how it played more than others say but the core concept, eh, i dunno

It's so good.

I don't think I would hesitate to call it my favourite platformer ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom