• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
pretty funny to see some people react to austin the way they do

not that i can blame them, intellect and proper education is a rare sight in this industry. you can even notice it among gbeast folks, e.g. everytime vinny & co. marvel at the most basic theoretical concepts austin brings up

Austin's great.

I think is academic background has given him the chops to really know how to expressive his opinion and analyse topics properly before blurting something out. A lot of people in the games press try and talk smart but dont have the chops.

popo

Notice I said both the "haters" and the "defence force" were ruining those threads.

If someone says they think someone is pretentious or they just don't care for them - just let them have that opinion. It really isn't necessary to come charging out with a counter every time unless someone is being nasty or making it too personal.

You mean like how every single Bombcast thread will contain comments a long the lines of "Replace Drew with Jason" or "Dan's stupid"?

Sure. That stuff sucks too. Along with everyone feeling it necessary to tell you how much they prefer beastcast. Makes a lot of bombcast threads unreadable.

I think we need more Paul Ryckart content. I'm watching the Game Informer videos Dan did with him and they're all amazing. His instant hatred of Journey was hilarious. "Boring, boring, boring, BORING! Everything on this planet is boring. After the great ticket stub war, this is all that's left".

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Just catching up on Friday's UPF and holy shit is it a good one lol

Uh, minus the Roddy Piper bad news

"Language is descriptive, not prescriptive" thrown left and right as an excuse to avoid correcting vocabulary mistakes and satisfying laziness. Languages have different words with different meanings for a fucking reason.

take some graduate level linguistics classes and see how you feel about your predefined definitions

because let me tell you, i don't give a fuck about what words are "supposed" to mean anymore. they mean what people agree they mean.

Tried playing some Cradle last night. I am really bad at this game. The hint/tip system is only KIND of useful. Had the same thing that happened to Vinny happen to me with trying to look something up and having no luck. Early on I had to watch the quick look to get hints.

KingKong

I think we need more Paul Ryckart content. I'm watching the Game Informer videos Dan did with him and they're all amazing. His instant hatred of Journey was hilarious. "Boring, boring, boring, BORING! Everything on this planet is boring. After the great ticket stub war, this is all that's left".

Paul Ryckert has better taste than almost every videogame journalist

Haunted

take some graduate level linguistics classes and see how you feel about your predefined definitions

because let me tell you, i don't give a fuck about what words are "supposed" to mean anymore. they mean what people agree they mean.
this post literally killed me

God, hes awesome.

The tungsten cube / density stuff was pretty nightmarish but I think that was brought up sarcastically, right?

I love these videos on YT were chem proffessors mess around with elements like blow up a bowl with potassium or melt an engine block with iron/aluminum reactions, so the concept of pure metal paperweight is neat, just overflowery there due to it being KS.

Frenden

Banned
No, he seems fine. You can track his weight by holding him while on the scales then subtracting your own weight.

We took a cat from my wife's parents because they were overfeeding her by leaving out a full bowl of food at all times, and just by feeding her properly she dropped from 17 pounds down to 14. 14 pounds is still fat, but not obese.

Just an FYI, limiting food/caloric intake on a fat cat for weight loss purposes can be dangerous. They can go into fatty lipidosis and die. Not something to do lightly--talk to a vet.

Normally, when a body is undernourished or starved, the body automatically moves fat from its reserves to the liver to be converted into lipoproteins for energy. Cat's bodies are not designed to convert large stores of fat, so when a cat is in starvation mode, the fat that is released to the liver is not processed efficiently, resulting in a fatty and low functioning liver. As the fat accumulates in the liver it becomes swollen and turns yellow. Because it is not able to process red blood cells efficiently, the yellow pigment that makes up a portion of the red blood cell is released into the bloodstream, causing a yellowing of the eyes. If not treated promptly, hepatic lipidosis can lead to various complications and eventually death.

Source: http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/digestive/c_ct_hepatic_lipidosis

My wife runs an animal shelter. Fat cats are a tricky problem. You want them to lose weight, but losing too much too fast can be fatal.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just now realised how fucked up the colours in the Contradiction videos are. How did this not get fixed for several videos?

Megasoum

Banned
Just an FYI, limiting food/caloric intake on a fat cat for weight loss purposes can be dangerous. They can go into fatty lipidosis and die. Not something to do lightly--talk to a vet.

Source: http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/digestive/c_ct_hepatic_lipidosis

My wife runs an animal shelter. Fat cats are a tricky problem. You want them to lose weight, but losing too much too fast can be fatal.

Just like with humans. Reducing your food intake is one of the worst thing you can do if you want to lose weight.

yami4ct

Jeff convinced me to re-download PSO2 once again. This is all his fault.

All this Austin talk. New dude is divisive. That always happens. I absolutely love his content and his perspective. Only thing he does that really bugs me is his need to repeat a joke right after someone else makes it. That doesn't make it funnier, it just kills it. Minor issue. I can see how he can rub some people the wrong way, but you're never gonna like every writer that works on a website.

Haunted

All this Austin talk. New dude is divisive. That always happens. I absolutely love his content and his perspective. Only thing he does that really bugs me is his need to repeat a joke right after someone else makes it. That doesn't make it funnier, it just kills it. Minor issue. I can see how he can rub some people the wrong way, but you're never gonna like every writer that works on a website.
Don't actually think it's all that divisive, Austin's reception has been overwhelmingly positive.

trolls dont count

I started that segment wanting to download PSO2 and then I ended that segment no longer wanting to download PSO2. It seems like a real pain to play if you can't find people to play with and it sounds like the people you will find are probably people you wouldn't want to play with.

yami4ct

I started that segment wanting to download PSO2 and then I ended that segment no longer wanting to download PSO2. It seems like a real pain to play if you can't find people to play with and it sounds like the people you will find are probably people you wouldn't want to play with.

When I played it a year or two back, the content was still fine solo. There were a few missions that were less than fun, but it was all still pretty cool. You also can still find pocket communities that aren't absolute crap. Gen pop in an MMO (especially an F2P one) is always going to be filled with awful people.

Bacon

Oh shit I do this all the time

yami4ct

Oh shit I do this all the time

It's one of those things that's perfectly fine and normal when just having a conversation, but can get repetitive and annoying to an outside viewer. I totally see how someone can pick up a tic like that. It's just something that sort of bugs me every time I watch him on a stream.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
if austin's so smart, why isn't he an astronaut

you can't explain that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom