• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
old I assume?

CLbN2bWWgAE4Tg8.png

When I played it a year or two back, the content was still fine solo. There were a few missions that were less than fun, but it was all still pretty cool. You also can still find pocket communities that aren't absolute crap. Gen pop in an MMO (especially an F2P one) is always going to be filled with awful people.

I'm still considering installing it but I might give Skyforge a shot instead, since people seem to be comparing it to PSO.

Jintor

what he needs is a premium series

OR

to tell stories about how he once tried to cook egg shells. that will endear him to the masses

-Kees-

Relistening to the Beastcast this week. The whole Hulkamania bit made me laugh but Alex's line in particular stood out.

"In reality Hulkamania is about union busting and making weird overtures towards your daughter."

God, hes awesome.

I love these videos on YT were chem proffessors mess around with elements like blow up a bowl with potassium or melt an engine block with iron/aluminum reactions, so the concept of pure metal paperweight is neat, just overflowery there due to it being KS.

Now I'm off mobile: links! (no bowls or engine blocks were harmed in the SCIENCE in these videos)

yeah, and that's why he's a mobile suit pilot

GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT, AUSTIN.

Jintor

in the rare chance that dani or someone who knows dani reads this: we love you dani, but please try and stop doing this on thumbs

daydream

Banned
what he needs is a premium series

yeah, i've been thinking about a suitable shtick for an austin series

thing is, if you're going to do something with game design, you're probably better off doing prepared video essays than a live thing

so yeaaaah, anime games with austin is the best i've got right now

Zomba13

What is up with the Austin "hate"? From what I've seen (a good chunk of the stuff and the beast cast) he doesn't seem pretentious at all but is in fact very knowledgeable and cares about what he talks about. There doesn't seem to be a pretense there at all.

I understood the Dan divisiveness because of how far he leans on his quirks and how that can gind on some people but with Austin he just seems like an all around lovely guy who loves games. Is it because he's the "smartest" out of the duders? And people think he'll be no fun always serious intellectual sourpuss wanting high art games and looking for meaning where there is none? Because he's show he can be fun and funny and joke around just like all the others.

yami4ct

yeah, i've been thinking about a suitable shtick for an austin series

thing is, if you're going to do something with game design, you're probably better off doing prepared video essays than a live thing

so yeaaaah, anime games with austin is the best i've got right now

I'd kill to see Austin play through a bunch of the old Gundam stuff. Such high highs and low lows, sometimes simultaneously.

daydream

Banned
What is up with the Austin "hate"? From what I've seen (a good chunk of the stuff and the beast cast) he doesn't seem pretentious at all but is in fact very knowledgeable and cares about what he talks about. There doesn't seem to be a pretense there at all.

i've yet to see any of this hate, is this another dumb reddit thing or something

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why is not caring for someone's personality "hate"? Every personality is not going to jibe with everyone.

From what I can deduce, that Jeff video that went up on Giant Bomb Unarchived is from July 10th 2012

Was listen too it, and Jeff mentioned recording and publishing a podcast, and scheduling a Wreckateer QL to go up on the site for the following day. He also mentioned planning a Secret World QL, but it never happening that day. Plus he also mentioned people leaving for Comic Con. (Comic Con 2012 started July 12th).

All the dates seem to add up...

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-ex-wreckateer/2300-6321/
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-07-10-2012/1600-325/
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-the-secret-world/2300-6326/

daydream

Banned
I feel like the buzz around splatoon disappeared really quickly.

considering the buzz around most big titles dissipates after a week, at best, i'd say splatoon did alright

the august 6 update should get me back into it, depending on my free time (though i am leaving for vacation shortly after), but yeah, friend lobbies alone will be huge for splatoongaf since the modes they've been adding have been great but many people (including me) don't particularly care for playing with randos

anyway, they could totally do an us vs. them thing after the update, for sure. invite jason and bakalar to the party, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom