• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I feel like the buzz around splatoon disappeared really quickly.

Depends who you follow. SplatGAF getting pretty high tier

I still think Splatoon is a goddamn amazing, revolutionary piece of game design. That it's also this really enjoyable aesthetic experience on top of that is just icing on the cake.

Lingitiz

I feel like the buzz around splatoon disappeared really quickly.

Nah I feel the exact opposite. It seems like it's been having great legs. I didn't jump on at launch because of the lack of content but the constant updates and growth of the community got me to buy, and it's been a mainstay in my rotation.

If you wanna see a game that dropped off quick, Evolve is the one.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I started that segment wanting to download PSO2 and then I ended that segment no longer wanting to download PSO2. It seems like a real pain to play if you can't find people to play with and it sounds like the people you will find are probably people you wouldn't want to play with.
The problem with that segment is that Jeff picked one of the few missions in the game which are made for 12 people and don't allow NPCs, which is the reason why it was such a slog.

That said, even if you don't want to party up with other people, all you have to do is:
1. Choose a quest.
2. View all parties doing the quest (you can even show parties in other blocks now).
3. Choose the party which is in the most populated multiplayer area (11/12, 10/12, 9/12 etc.).
4. Choose to "Join as another party".

This way you reap all of the benefits of playing with people - monsters dying very fast, heals and revives while not actually having to talk with anyone.

While I was happy that PSO2 was featured on GB again, that particular quest and playing it alone didn't do the game justice.

After watching it I launched the game, got into a random party for an emergency quest and enjoyed 30 minutes of crazy explosions, punching hordes of monster in the face with my fists and around ~1 million xp.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
There is a game called Damn virgins on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/357750

Damn Virgins is a "cinematographic" adventure in which the player is the protagonist of a short film. Much of the settling that appears in the game is from real locations where the movie was recorded in order to provide a greater sense of immersion. Solving puzzles usually unlocks a videoclip that reveals the plot.

alex3.png

Next GBE play date.

Nah I feel the exact opposite. It seems like it's been having great legs. I didn't jump on at launch because of the lack of content but the constant updates and growth of the community got me to buy, and it's been a mainstay in my rotation.

If you wanna see a game that dropped off quick, Evolve is the one.

along with titanfall, you have back to back E3 best of show winners that fell off harder than Ja Rule

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
General question that's not really GB related, but I'm not sure where else to put it. I've always used a wired xbox 360 controller for my PC gaming because I just plug it in, the computer goes 'i got it' and i'm all set.

I was thinking about upgrading to an xbox one controller. Is there any tricks you have to do to make it work on a PC? I know the old 360 wireless controllers you had to have that adapter.

General question that's not really GB related, but I'm not sure where else to put it. I've always used a wired xbox 360 controller for my PC gaming because I just plug it in, the computer goes 'i got it' and i'm all set.

I was thinking about upgrading to an xbox one controller. Is there any tricks you have to do to make it work on a PC? I know the old 360 wireless controllers you had to have that adapter.

It's currently wired only but the wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller is coming soon I believe.

tuxfool

Banned

If you're wired you should be good to go. If you want wireless you need to buy the adapter and update to windows 10

If you're wired you should be good to go. If you want wireless you need to buy the adapter and update to windows 10

Whoa, the wireless adapter for the Xone controller doesn't work for Windows 8 or 7? that's fucked. I was thinking about switching from my DS4 to an Xbone controller but if that's the case I'll hold off.

GavinGT

Banned
I really hope the telepresence robot is there at the next PAX panel. Just stick it on stage with a microphone in front of it.

Fobwashed

Are his teeth meant to be lizard like?

Yes. Also, I Lang called me out on drawing his double chin. I think he secretly not secretly hates me =P

I've been working on a new game since I finished up the port for Treads and it might be considered GB related since it contains some notable personas. Here's a mock-up of some of the art =]

2770798-supaxcitywrestlers.gif

They're heading for SuPAX City. Which is also a dumb shirt I did for PAX Prime's PAX RUMBLE. =P

http://teespring.com/SuPAXCity

Holla

I just plug it in using a microUSB cable, it works flawlessly. If you want wireless you will have to buy the upcoming $25 adapter.

The problem with that segment is that Jeff picked one of the few missions in the game which are made for 12 people and don't allow NPCs, which is the reason why it was such a slog.

That said, even if you don't want to party up with other people, all you have to do is:
1. Choose a quest.
2. View all parties doing the quest (you can even show parties in other blocks now).
3. Choose the party which is in the most populated multiplayer area (11/12, 10/12, 9/12 etc.).
4. Choose to "Join as another party".

This way you reap all of the benefits of playing with people - monsters dying very fast, heals and revives while not actually having to talk with anyone.

While I was happy that PSO2 was featured on GB again, that particular quest and playing it alone didn't do the game justice.

After watching it I launched the game, got into a random party for an emergency quest and enjoyed 30 minutes of crazy explosions, punching hordes of monster in the face with my fists and around ~1 million xp.

I'm still a little interested and I'm sure I'll cave in and give it a shot at some point, I'll probably look into the game a bit more to see if it's actually something that would appeal to me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm still a little interested and I'm sure I'll cave in and give it a shot at some point, I'll probably look into the game a bit more to see if it's actually something that would appeal to me.
When you feel like playing be sure to check the OT in the community section. The OP is very outdated, but the thread is still full of helpful people who are still playing.
We can also help with the Japanese captcha during the registration.

The work Games Done Quick do is kind of incredible. As well as raising $1.2m ($1.2m!) for charity, I just noticed every single game from the event last week has been uploaded to YouTube.

I hope they are back on GB soon training Brad again.

They've turned an incredibly niche gaming community into one of the most watched gaming things of the year.

When you feel like playing be sure to check the OT in the community section. The OP is very outdated, but the thread is still full of helpful people who are still playing.
We can also help with the Japanese captcha during the registration.

If I decide to check it out I'll be sure to check out the OT, thanks!

Hope they do an impromptu "We talk over the Gamescom Microsoft Press Conference"

Jeff said on Tumblr that they were talking about doing something so I guess we'll see.

The work Games Done Quick do is kind of incredible. As well as raising $1.2m ($1.2m!) for charity, I just noticed every single game from the event last week has been uploaded to YouTube.

They've turned an incredibly niche gaming community into one of the most watched gaming things of the year.

don't forget they're also a huge proponent of cringe comedy

hamchan

I can't see the Crash 2 run from this year!

Xater

No. God no. I dumped 85 hours just to try and understand why anyone could find anything redeemable in that game, but no, its a magnificent failure at everything it attempts.

It would be better if you could just play the main story and the character specific quests. Everything else kinda sucks. Also the combat would need to be better.

It would be better if you could just play the main story and the character specific quests. Everything else kinda sucks. Also the combat would need to be better.

That main story has been done a billion times better in other games, and the side characters are just scraping at Whedeon-esque caricatures.

That combat is sooooo bad, like goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom