• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

No, but fighting game tutorials have lived in such a dire state that the SF4 thing was being used to suggest new players could jump into the game and learn what they need by playing through it. I saw it enough times even long after release that I rented the game and realized I was speaking a different language from the people who thought it was a great tutorial.

SF4 and good tutorial are two things no one said in a sentence together ever. If you want oof fighting game tutorials you can find them in Virtua Fighter 4/5, Skullgirls or the newest Guilty Gear.

Yeah.

Like what the fuck is that Z-looking d-pad movement SF4 wants me to do on all these charge characters? How do I even do that?

No charger has such a movement. They are chargers for a reason.

Damn I never thought about snapping audio commentary on Xbox One. Feature redeemed after 2 years.

it's the only real good use of snapping. Just about any other attempt is useless on anything other an a +100 inch tv screen.

who thought that watching video that's about the size of a postal stamp would be a good idea?

No charger has such a movement. They are chargers for a reason.

they might for their supers/ultras

in reality it's just

xezoqFd.jpg
I've never seen any of svu but I really want to now after marathoning whas:fdoc

Emailed into the Bombcast about how they would ideally fix WWE games. Now the anticipation of whether or not it gets read.

Jeff has expressed his opinion on it a few times. I'll see if I can find a segment on Youtube, but he feels that it's impossible to make a proper WWE wrestling game as a fighting game because the way matches are performed on TV don't look and flow like actual fighting. So they should be co-op games about both sides performing a good match together and the crowd reacting based on the quality of it, but it's impossible since making a game like that would be "exposing the business."

That's not even a Z though. That's usually a charged quarter circle followed by a diagonal.

I don't know what letter it is but it feels unnatural as hell on a dpad. I guess that's why i dont bother with charge characters, i can't pull their supers/ultras off reliably enough to feel confident in using them. I need to be able to use my Sega Saturn usb controller or else I can't even bother

Xater

I don't know what letter it is but it feels unnatural as hell on a dpad. I guess that's why i dont bother with charge characters, i can't pull their supers/ultras off reliably enough to feel confident in using them. I need to be able to use my Sega Saturn usb controller or else I can't even bother

I don't mind chargers but it's a struggle with a pad. Experienced that trying Bison in the SFV beta. Way easier to pull off on a stick.

Contradiction needs more love. If it requires that Contradiction 2 be kickstarted like the first one then so be it. It feels like a great pilot to a TV show that just needs another episode or two to go from promising to a classic in its genre.

I'd even throw money at it, and i haven't tossed money at a single KS ever. Take me up on it, Tim Follin.

The biggest problem with Contradiction is you can tell they only had a few days to film it. Also it doesnt real have a final act as much as a second act followed by a abrupt ending.

If they made a Contradiction 2 with a bigger budget I hope they spend it just filming more stuff. Stuff like...

Filming responses to non essential contradictions. There are a few contradictions in the answers but since they are not related to the case if you call people on them you get no response. Would be neat if they had something for those cases.

Maybe film night scenes at night? In my head they use the Persona system of you can talk to X and Y during the day and talk to Z at night.

justjim89

Jeff has expressed his opinion on it a few times. I'll see if I can find a segment on Youtube, but he feels that it's impossible to make a proper WWE wrestling game as a fighting game because the way matches are performed on TV don't look and flow like actual fighting. So they should be co-op games about both sides performing a good match together and the crowd reacting based on the quality of it, but it's impossible since making a game like that would be "exposing the business."

That was one of the points I made. Also mentioned how a realistic match pacing might not be ideal to a modern audience since a proper WWE style main event takes at least 30 minutes. Whereas in WWE games, if a match goes longer in 10 minutes it's treated like an iron man match.

I had a dream where Jenkins got horribly beaten to death after making one of his faces. Don't watch True Detective and Contradiction in the same night!

Was a welcome respite from my usual nightmares ;-;

Maybe they will use the Rare collection for Old Games show this week.

So, over on Kinda Funny, Xavier Woods is on Colin and Greg Live. He and Dan were there earlier to do a video game throw down (which was filmed apparently). The loser had to eat a hot dog slathered in mayo. Dan apparently won and is cooking the hot dog for Xavier.

Edit- Dan is bringing the hot dog now! Apparently Xavier hates mayo AND has to wrestle tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames

So, over on Kinda Funny, Xavier Woods is on Colin and Greg Live. He and Dan were there earlier to do a video game throw down (which was filmed apparently). The loser had to eat a hot dog slathered in mayo. Dan apparently won and is cooking the hot dog for Xavier.

Edit- Dan is bringing the hot dog now! Apparently Xavier hates mayo AND has to wrestle tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames

I can't watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom