• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never eat fries without mayo, a wonderful condiment. Sticking a clump of mayo on a hot dog/bun without spreading it is hardly the way to try it for the first time though.

I can deal with light mayo. It's something to make things a little different every once in a while.

Heavy mayo like that though is pretty gross, especially if it's mostly bread like that was.

They're doing it wrong. Mayo belongs on fries, not hotdogs or burgers.

The point of mayo on burgers is not to go on the burger patty, but on the parts of the bun that touches the burger patty. The mayo's fats keep the burger juices from drenching the bun and keeps the juices as part of the burger patty. It also adds a little flavor as well.

- J - D -

The best mayo. Better with garlic.

817aAs4uSqL._SY679SX313_SY679_CR,0,0,313,679_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX313_SY679_CR,0,0,313,679_SH20_.jpg

jaina

Is Youtube being weird on my end or did they change the player controls to look transparent?
I remember that being in A/B Testing a few months ago and you could enable it in YoutubeCenter. Seems to be default now.

How would Dan know how much Mayo to use?

- J - D -

The point of mayo on burgers is not to go on the burger patty, but on the parts of the bun that touches the burger patty. The mayo's fats keep the burger juices from drenching the bun and keeps the juices as part of the burger patty. It also adds a little flavor as well.

This makes sense. I wouldn't know because I eat a burger like once a year. Doesn't belong on a hot dog though and I stand by that!

That tip stuff on the Kinda Funny content is obnoxious. Are all thier stream begging for money?
No that is just because people like them and above $5 gets read off during the stream and people like that.

It is because the KF community wants that is not because the crew pushed for it the community did.

No that is just because people like them and above $5 gets read off during the stream and people like that.

It is because the KF community wants that is not because the crew pushed for it the community did.

If it is getting read out on stream, they are publicizing it, then of course they are pushing it.

justjim89

So, over on Kinda Funny, Xavier Woods is on Colin and Greg Live. He and Dan were there earlier to do a video game throw down (which was filmed apparently). The loser had to eat a hot dog slathered in mayo. Dan apparently won and is cooking the hot dog for Xavier.

Edit- Dan is bringing the hot dog now! Apparently Xavier hates mayo AND has to wrestle tonight.

http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames

Why would Dan just give away quality content like that to Kinda Funny? That's a premium quality video!

Yeah. People complained that they were reading too many tips and suggested they up the minimum price that people could pay to leave a comment and have it read. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they up it again. So many people are willing to pay to get their comments read.

Zaph

If it is getting read out on stream, they are publicizing it, then of course they are pushing it.

It's weird and it's basically taken over Twitch. Sub goals, donation drives, text-to-speech read outs etc. It's constant because viewers actually respond to it, similar to the "comment, like, subscribe!" after every youtube video.

jtar86

That tip stuff on the Kinda Funny content is obnoxious. Are all thier stream begging for money?

I watch every day and they spend maybe 5-10 minutes each show reading tips. Its really not bad at all considering the show is 90 minutes to 2 hours each day. And I never heard them outright beg for money people just give it to them, like all twitch streams.

All streamers are essentially begging for money. there is no difference to me.

I mean, if you think about it, when streamers ask for people for views/subscribers they are essentially asking for money, especially if they get ad revenue. The more viewers/subscribers, the more money. It's just the advertisers are the ones paying, not the viewers. The end result is still the same for the streamer. They make money.

They have a patreon, too. So they're either not getting enough through that or the amount theyre getting isn't enough to meet their ambitions, be it better gear or whatever they're looking forward to.

Lunar FC

How somebody willing watches those Kinda Funny streams every day is mind boggling to me. All they do is just read off other websites articles.

How somebody willing watches those Kinda Funny streams every day is mind boggling to me. All they do is just read off other websites articles.

People like to hear their take on the news. Colin's goal with the show was to have it emulate ESPN shows such as Pardon the Interruption or Mike and Mike, but instead of sports, it would focus on nerdy news (with some sports/politics when warranted).

jtar86

Its essentially a daily podcast. They are talking about Golden Girls with Xavier Woods right now. They do a lot more than just read news articles.

justjim89

I mean, Kinda Funny is basically the IGN equivalent of Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb was just ahead of the curb in regards to subscriptions and personality-based content.

I can't bitch, I put yellow mustard on cookies but this trend of trying things with the expectation of being grossed out is starting to gross me out.

Lunar FC

People like to hear their take on the news. Colin's goal with the show was to have it emulate ESPN shows such as Pardon the Interruption or Mike and Mike, but instead of sports, it would focus on nerdy news (with some sports/politics when warranted).

Well PTI and Mike and Mike are two very different shows. But, if they're sort of going for that daily talk radio idea, they're doing it poorly. Reading articles word for word from another website and then discussing just isn't interesting video content.

They have a patreon, too. So they're either not getting enough through that or the amount theyre getting isn't enough to meet their ambitions, be it better gear or whatever they're looking forward to.

I think one thing that is a huge factor is that they try to go to as many conventions as possible because fans demand it. In the past few months they've been to MomoCon, San Diego ComicCon, SGC (Screw Attack's convention) VidCon, and RTX. There's PAX coming up. That's a lot of air travel and hotel fares. But they get massive turn outs and have massive reach. In fact, in terms of reach, Garry Whitta said today on The GameOver Greggy Show that his Twitter numbers exploded after showing off his novel on his first GOG appearance. And right now, on Colin and Greg Live, there's already an article talking about today's episode, talking about Garry's dream of rebooting Columbo.

Well PTI and Mike and Mike are two very different shows. But, if they're sort of going for that daily talk radio idea, they're doing it poorly. Reading articles word for word from another website and then discussing just isn't interesting video content.

I think he meant in terms of two talking heads. Though, he said he feels C&GL is more PTI than M&M.

Myggen

It's weird and it's basically taken over Twitch. Sub goals, donation drives, text-to-speech read outs etc. It's constant because viewers actually respond to it, similar to the "comment, like, subscribe!" after every youtube video.

Yeah, that's just how Twitch works and why I've moved away from Twitch streams more and more. You gotta do what you gotta do, but it gets to be a bit much.

I actually like the Kinda Funny guys, but I rarely watch the Twitch streams because of that and stick to the YT stuff.

Yeah, that's just how Twitch works and why I've moved away from Twitch streams more and more. You gotta do what you gotta do, but it gets to be a bit much.

I actually like the Kinda Funny guys, but I rarely watch the Twitch streams because of that and stick to the YT stuff.

Yeah, with the YT stuff, they have sponsors like Lootcrate and Crunchy Roll. That's not unlike the non-premium Bombcast having SquareSpace. I wouldn't be surprised if KF one day gets a full on premium section like GB. I think GB are masters at making the non-premium ads entertaining. I mean, it gave us this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZaO5PtfuA

I forgot to cancel my Crunchyroll account again and it charged me for another month today. I watched no anime during my July month. This is what it feels like to be a member of EA Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom