• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have perks for patreon backers.

Yeah, I guess that is their premium content.

Edit- Apparently all that mayo wrecked Xavier's stomach and he had to use their bathroom before he left. And he has to wrestle tonight. ARE YOU HAPPY DAN!?!? Yes, you probably are.

Myggen

Yeah, with the YT stuff, they have sponsors like Lootcrate and Crunchy Roll. That's not unlike the non-premium Bombcast having SquareSpace. I wouldn't be surprised if KF one day gets a full on premium section like GB. I think GB are masters at making the non-premium ads entertaining. I mean, it gave us this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZaO5PtfuA

In some ways their Patreon tiers are already hiding some content, at least for a time, in the same way GB's Premium membership does. GB just does it a lot more cleanly, and it's easier to understand what you get for what price than KF. KF's Patreon model with two separate Patreon's is a bit of a mess to me, but they're getting a lot of money from it so go with god.

I much prefer GB's model though. $50 a year and you get everything, and with no ads. I do understand that GB is probably an edge case though, and running your own service is expensive. I believe I remember Jeff saying that if he was trying to start GB today he would probably turn to one of the crowdsourcing platforms.

How somebody willing watches those Kinda Funny streams every day is mind boggling to me. All they do is just read off other websites articles.
How is that any different then twit or technewstoday or any other daily web show like on engaget.

Also its the ONLY daily live video game story news show with great host and fun to watch on the internet right now.
Fantastic concept that folks really want to support.

jaina

CK3j5D3WoAAaK_t.jpg:orig

So, I'm watching the Deadly Premonition ER, and Vinny finding that infinite ammo SMG is pretty much like Drew modding the M4 in MGS4, isn't it?

In some ways their Patreon tiers are already hiding some content, at least for a time, in the same way GB's Premium membership does. GB just does it a lot more cleanly, and it's easier to understand what you get for what price than KF. KF's Patreon model with two separate Patreon's is a bit of a mess to me, but they're getting a lot of money from it so go with god.

I much prefer GB's model though. $50 a year and you get everything, and with no ads. I do understand that GB is probably an edge case though, and running your own service is expensive. I believe I remember Jeff saying that if he was trying to start GB today he would probably turn to one of the crowdsourcing platforms.
I really enjoy the no ads part of the Patreons I support and of GB. And the API/apps and video downloads.

Zaph

Yeah, that's just how Twitch works and why I've moved away from Twitch streams more and more. You gotta do what you gotta do, but it gets to be a bit much.

I actually like the Kinda Funny guys, but I rarely watch the Twitch streams because of that and stick to the YT stuff.

Thankfully there are the odd exceptions. One of Twitch's most popular streamers (who I watch when I like to kid myself that one day I'll get good at Hearthstone) has none of that shit on screen. He accepts donations but doesn't address them, and just gives people a quick shout out if they sub. He seems to be doing very well for himself (apparently just bought a house outright), so it does seem possible to earn a good living tastefully as a streamer.

Not sure about the rest of the crew, but Greg is always great. Only guy in the enthusiast press industry who's anywhere close to Jeff when it comes to mic skills.

thought you guys would appreciate this, from the Kotaku Rare Replay review:

Fun fact: thanks to this collection, there are now more Nintendo 64 classics available to play on Xbox One than there are on the “virtual console” service on Nintendo’s own Wii U console. Shameful, Nintendo. Shameful.

damn, they ether'd the fuck out of nintendo with them facts

Anjin M

I have no idea how Giant Bomb pulled it off. However, I've never felt that I wasn't getting my $50 worth out of the site. I'm sure if they had to re-re-launch with a Patreon or a Kickstarter, I would be there on day one.

I forgot to cancel my Crunchyroll account again and it charged me for another month today. I watched no anime during my July month. This is what it feels like to be a member of EA Access.

I did that a couple of months ago. I fell for the "come back for a free month" deal, never watched any anime, then got charged for the next month because I forgot about it. :(

that's a bad hair cut

Aw. That's not nice. :(

robotrock

Banned
Is it just gonna be Jeff/Brad/Drew?

Edit: Had not actually considered the possibility of it being an East Coast show. Cool.

I doubt it'd be West Coast since Dan/Jason are going to RAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom