• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

RoRaRMh.png

Looks like they are doing a Microsoft conference stream tomorrow.

Welp, guess I'll be ducking out of work early tomorrow
SxHfDQa.png

I wanna watch the gamescom show live, but damn that's too early for me.

I'm still following it. Close to 700 episodes in and I'm too invested to back out now :(

One Piece is a great manga with a really shoddily made anime that used to be great. Toei does not give a fuck because it'll make money anyway. It's like reverse Hunter x Hunter where the anime consistently looks great but the manga varies wildly from Botticelli to Marmaduke.

popo

Well, I would be surprised if it was. Can't imagine Jeff beginning his commute at 5am for this. GBEast with Dan Skyping in, you heard it here first.

it would not take him as long if he set off before rush hour - but yeah, GBE makes more sense.

kotaku kotakuin' but i guess people like these lurid phrases

you have access to the entire wii vc library on wiiu

don't move the goalposts

but also that review is dogshit

As well as Blast Corps holds up, Conker’s Bad Fur Day might hold up even better. I can’t say for sure, since I haven’t played more than an hour of the game in its emulated Rare Replay form.

I didn’t even start the much-maligned Perfect Dark Zero. Full disclosure: I tried it back in the day and had better things to do in August of 2015.

You all are thinking too small. GB West will be watching and commentating on the MS conference from within Second Life and the comfort of their own homes. Time and distance are no consequence within Second Life.

One Piece is a great manga with a really shoddily made anime that used to be great. Toei does not give a fuck because it'll make money anyway. It's like reverse Hunter x Hunter where the anime consistently looks great but the manga varies wildly from Botticelli to Marmaduke.

Yeah, I just wish I liked Manga more than not at all. Only manga I read is Berserk, but that's because I really don't have any alternatives (and the art is also gorgeous).

Yeah, it is real early for me too but dammit I want to see some Quantum Break.

Scalebound gonna be so good. QB interests me, but I need to see more.

Volotaire

YES. Let's do this.

Since some other users requested me to do so (well... 1 ) I'll be creating a Spoiler Free Thread for Gamescom too (although I'm not sure anyone here would use it). I'll archive GB's reaction stream in the thread.

jtar86

I took my kids to see Minions yesterday. Alex would be proud. Holy shit it was terrible, my kids didn't even like it. The only movie we watched together that we could all agree was good was The Lego Movie, what a classic.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I still think that there's more marketing and cross-brand promotion involving the minions than their popularity actually justifies. Just because they're such a blank slate that works with every product on the planet. Or maybe kids today are terrible.

Myggen

I still think that there's more marketing and cross-brand promotion involving the minions than their popularity actually justifies. Just because they're such a blank slate that works with every product on the planet. Or maybe kids today are terrible.

Alex said it best when he called Minions "the branding singularity."

KingKong

I really don't understand the appeal of this game at all. This the third quick look of the game (the others being an EX and Unfinished) and it's yet to look like anything but a super repetitive shooter.

I agree, I feel like I must be missing something because they're all so into it. Even the art style looks like a mid 2000s xbla game to me

Mupod

So I only listen to the bombcast once every few months as it's a great way to kill time during the 5 hour drive to/from my parents' place. But I feel like every time I listen, the following subjects come up:

- Burning Man
- Poop on the sidewalk in San Francisco
- The act of injecting people with drugs unwillingly and Jeff's fear thereof

Do these things happen in every single bombcast or am I just listening to the right ones

Myggen

So I only listen to the bombcast once every few months as it's a great way to kill time during the 5 hour drive to/from my parents' place. But I feel like every time I listen, the following subjects come up:

- Burning Man
- Poop on the sidewalk in San Francisco
- The act of injecting people with drugs unwillingly and Jeff's fear thereof

Do these things happen in every single bombcast or am I just listening to the right ones

Those are not infrequent subjects on the Bombcast, no.

Jintor

I really don't understand the appeal of this game at all. This the third quick look of the game (the others being an EX and Unfinished) and it's yet to look like anything but a super repetitive shooter.

I agree, I feel like I must be missing something because they're all so into it. Even the art style looks like a mid 2000s xbla game to me

I had some hands on at Bitsummit.

It's a rad game is what's up. I dunno where you're getting this idea of repetition from.

Procedurally generated games can look somewhat same-y since templates are repeated.

As far as gameplay goes, they had me at space shooter that plays like halo. That's all I needed to hear.

daydream

Banned
galak-z lost a bit of its coolness once i got a good look at the cutscenes. i don't mind the vibe they're going for, at all, but the artstyle and character designs are really off-putting

not off-putting enough that i wouldn't wanna play it asap, though, if i had a ps4. game seems super sharp otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom