• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

bombcast thread

ren and i are taking a break and will be back around september-october so keep that in mind for the next couple of weeks

i'll probably post a list of all the ops we've done so far just to have it all available in one place cause why not

meanwhile, in the words of the immortal jenks: "thank you, probably be back later"

You might as well have dropped the mic. OUTSTANDING.

Myggen

bombcast thread

ren and i are taking a break and will be back around september-october so keep that in mind for the next couple of weeks

i'll probably post a list of all the ops we've done so far just to have it all available in one place cause why not

meanwhile, in the words of the immortal jenks: "thank you, probably be back later"

I'll make the next ones in MS Paint.

Was there an upgrade system in Jet Force Gemini? I remember playing it at friends houses but not enough for it to have made too much of an impression.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Watching the MS Gamescom archive. Omg, Brad's breakfast looks disgusting.

I think we're all happy Brad has been shaving off the Dota2 weight, nasty looking kale shake and all. Meanwhile Dan eats Taco Bell everyday and is skinny as a rail.

valeo

I think we're all happy Brad has been shaving off the Dota2 weight, nasty looking kale shake and all. Meanwhile Dan eats Taco Bell everyday and is skinny as a rail.

He's obese on the inside; like me. I'm skinny as hell but do not feel healthy.

repeater

Something depressing about seeing the exclusive lineup banner and seeing Gears, Halo, and to a lesser degree, Forza.
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd photoshop Phil Spencer's head onto Bruce Dickinson's body and add the text "I've got a fever and the only prescription is MORE HALO"

Ha, sorry. I figured labeling it creepy and linking off site was warning enough.
Yeah, that's fair enough, my curiosity got the better of me. :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't get around to watching MGS episode 6 this weekend. I already have two episodes of that, a full bombcast, a 2+ hour Quick Look to catch up on. Help. Send more hours.

Playing Banjo Kazooie and it holds up incredibly well. Still makes me laugh and the platforming is very tight and fluid. Tons of variety in the world design as well. People like to call them collectithons but it doesn't really matter when the process to collect a piece involves interesting scenarios! Really think it's a shame that no one in the crew has played past the first half of world 1.

Kameo on the other hand is a bit of a pain at times. The controls are super clunky, especially form transformation, and the turtle shell enemies are annoying as hell. Not terrible though.

I love Battletoads(genesis version at least, looking forward to finally playing the NES one) but the arcade game didn't seem great. Art is alright but it's one button combat and the enemies are really nasty and unfair in how they come on screen. Definitely feels like a coin grabber. Second boss was fun though.

popo

I think only about one in every ten Americans gets the awful double entendre of Grabbed by the Ghoulies. They beat you to the punch Insomniac, by a solid month. I like to think of little kids asking their parents if they could get grabbed by the ghoulies for christmas.

daydream

Banned
Playing Banjo Kazooie and it holds up incredibly well. Still makes me laugh and the platforming is very tight and fluid. Tons of variety in the world design as well. People like to call them collectithons but it doesn't really matter when the process to collect a piece involves interesting scenarios! Really think it's a shame that no one in the crew has played past the first half of world 1.

i 100%ed it on xbla two years ago, it was also the first time i really played it, and i complete agree, great game

Not seeing it elsewhere in the thread, so I'll assume I'm just the first one to hit the end of the episode - sounds like the Bombcast will be a part of L.A Podfest, happening in September. Big festival down in L.A where some big podcasts (Doug Loves Movies, Thrilling Adventure Hour, With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus) do live shows. The episode will also be livestreamed, though you have to buy a pass through Podfest themselves ($20). As far as I know (if past podcast experience is anything to go off of), the episode should be still be posted to the typical podcast feed later.

Kinda cool that they're getting a chance to perform like this.

Contradiction is better than True Detective season 2.
It really is.

_
Someone made this.
2771396-gbeast-poster-flat.png

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think only about one in every ten Americans gets the awful double entendre of Grabbed by the Ghoulies. They beat you to the punch Insomniac, by a solid month. I like to think of little kids asking their parents if they could get grabbed by the ghoulies for christmas.

That would necessitate people to have bought Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Is Big Boss cooler than Snake?

Well, let's see.

Big Boss was in Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops,
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Solid Snake was in Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Big Boss was in 8 Metal Gear games, whereas Solid Snake was in only 5. I guess that means Metal Gear is Big Boss' story. So Big Boss is cooler, right? Right!? Depending on when TPP takes place, perhaps a young Solid Snake will appear. Though that would be cool, Big Boss would still easily have more appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom