• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Watching a streamer do sponsored commentary/promotion of G2A's Gamescom presentation, and damn, if I didn't think they were shady as fuck before, I do now. Entire executive team reeks, wouldn't shock me if that old mob element in piracy is alive here.

If you think about it, solidus was the only decent BB clone. He knew about the patriots well before dumbo snake had any idea and was out to wipe them off the face of the earth.

That they make him a jobber and then pretty much shit on what's left of him in mgs4 is really the tragedy here

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
If you think about it, solidus was the only decent BB clone. He knew about the patriots well before dumbo snake had any idea and was out to wipe them off the face of the earth.

That they make him a jobber and then pretty much shit on what's left of him in mgs4 is really the tragedy here

His intentions were good but he was a pawn of the patriots. Solid is the only guy able to deceive the patriots and disrupt S3. OR WAS HE DUN DUN DUN. They never really delivered on the post-credit scene of MGS2. Or maybe they did and it got caught up in 4's maelstrom of shit.

danm999

I'm tempted to call Solidus the most successful as well given he realized he was being manipulated far earlier, but given I haven't played MGS4 I'm not sure where Solid or Liquid will ultimately end up.

Although I will say his plan to err, EMP New York City to turn it into some sort of free city was epic fucking stupidity.

rakhir

I mean, Solidus was the greatest clone because he was the President of the United States. I mean, how much more can you achive in life.

I've asked before why Jeff's never appeared on an episode of Retronauts. That's a show that definitely seems like it hits a rolodex problem.

LiK

so weird you guys are talking about this but I had the exact same thought yesterday. if Jeff and Jeremy did a podcast talking about old games, it would be pretty amazing.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I agree that Solidus was the best clone as well. Smarter, and wasn't he (genetically) the closest to Big Boss?

dunno how good a podcast with two curmudgeony people would be like but, sure, why not

Also, give me a rank of fighters already. I need to know how other games fair when it comes to the Ten Count metric.

I agree that Solidus was the best clone as well. Smarter, and wasn't he (genetically) the closest to Big Boss?

mgs4 spoilers
you wont believe how close he really is!

PAX is never worth the hassle it causes to GB content. I have no idea why they keep going.

Save the budget, attend one of the foreign shows, and get a weeks worth of unique compelling content instead. One video of the walking down a street in Japan would be better than the whole of PAX

"Dan in Japan" is a pretty solid name for a show BTW.

Jeff's reaction to the esports shit and then the halo wars was my highlight of the day and also my same reaction

I stopped sending email to the Bombcast because I can't handle the rejection. The arc always goes like:

• Send email to cast.
  • Oh, maybe I didn't send it in time.
  • Not this week either? Maybe they got too many.
  • Still didn't read it. I should probably assume they aren't going to read it.
  • I should have listened to myself last week.
  • (months pass)
  • Didn't make it onto the year end email show either. Bummer.

And that's how you ruin several weeks of Bombcasts due to anxiety.

Brad in the modern era of "We had a lot of shitty emails but I grabbed some good ones" and he doesn't read yours must be devastating

Brad has weighed you on the scales and found you wanting

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Jeff hasn't tweeted about Need for Speed. I'm worried.

uamYNLI.png

Chris Kohler, Jeremy Parish, Jeff Gerstmann, Shane Betanhausen. Someone might end up dead by the end of the show, but it'll be a great podcast.

I am just realizing I have retro knowledge that Jeff does not.

I have played dozen hours of Snake Rattle 'n' Roll and Solar Jetman, yet Jeff has not. It does not matter if I played then when I was 6... it still counts.

daydream

Banned
yeah been wondering myself why jeff hasn't been on retronauts, yet

obviously it's on t-frog to invite him, maybe it'll happen someday

Raiden is the only smart protagonist of the Metal Gear series.
Only in MGR though, after he realises "fuck it, guess I'm a killing machine"

he's watched 20-30 years of wrestling, even Twin Peaks at its worst is better than about 90% of those storylines.

I can see Dan liking the bad and comical plot lines(like MGS), but does he have any chance in liking Twin Peaks at it's best when it's abstract and just weird like the finale and movie?

I could actually really see Dan liking Windham Earl and his hilarious disguises.

hamchan

I can see Dan liking the bad and comical plot lines(like MGS), but does he have any chance in liking Twin Peaks at it's best when it's abstract and just weird like the finale and movie?

I think the third episode of the show already has the Black Lodge in all its weirdness.

FWWM feels like some sort of fanfic that was made by someone who didn't understand that less is more. How i had imagined those events was much less lamer than how FWWM presents them.

a shame, really.

KingKong

FWWM feels like some sort of fanfic that was made by someone who didn't understand that less is more. How i had imagined those events was much less lamer than how FWWM presents them.

a shame, really.

the worst part is that the start is absolutely fantastic and if the movie was just following Chris Isaac and Keither Sutherland it would have been great, but no, he decided to show us the backstory and explain everything in Twin Peaks for some reason

a shame, really.

And Coop is only in a bit of it! Obviously he couldn't be the main character because of when it takes place, but he was always the best part of Twin Peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom