• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGS4 really has no redeeming features.

Crap story.
Crap gameplay.
Crap structure.
Crap pacing.
Crap performance.

Hard to believe it's from the same man behind 1/2/3/GZ.

Still liking the feature though.

daydream

Banned
Nibel made this:

CLvj_VhWwAInq7I.jpg:large

the only thing that would get me to pick dota back up

santeesioux

Mount & Blade is so good, can't wait for Bannerlord. Aside from some stupid Cowboys and Indians thing a friend made me play, I never really bothered with mods, or even single-player - siege multiplayer is all I need.

There's some weird mods out there for it, I installed one that was supposed to be Calradia in the 20th century, and there were basically Soviets and Nazis with even the swastika, that was very odd.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people are just straight up sending them GARBAGE now in the mailbags?

good lord...

Lelcar

Danny's such a fanboy...

xmk1l3G.jpg
Yup. He even listens to both the Beastcast and the Bombcast on a weekly basis. He's all about Giant Bomb content, it's awesome.

Also, Austin listens to the Bombcast. I'm not sure about any west coast guys listening to the Beastcast though.

That Time cover is hilarious, but I'm also really happy to see VR getting such positive mainstream coverage lately. I feel like I'm at the ground floor of the next big thing.

I absolutely did not notice until just now that if you scroll down on the TI5 twitch page it has a little box that shows you all of the heroes abilities

that's super useful but i still have no idea whats going on

I totally agree with Jeff. Considering how many copies of Time are in doctor's offices and other waiting rooms, there will be a ton of people who casually glance at this cover, laugh at the idea of VR as some nerd fantasy, and then dismiss it forever (or at least a long time). I know the Internet tends to make mountains out of molehills, but this could potentially be a disaster for VR.

I totally agree with Jeff. Considering how many copies of Time are in doctor's offices and other waiting rooms, there will be a ton of people who casually glance at this cover, laugh at the idea of VR as some nerd fantasy, and then dismiss it forever (or at least a long time). I know the Internet tends to make mountains out of molehills, but this could potentially be a disaster for VR.

yet, really, when was the last time Time magazine has any true sway over public opinion?

before you answer, remember that you and I are former Time persons of the year.

yet, really, when was the last time Time magazine has any true sway over public opinion?

before you answer, remember that you and I are former Time persons of the year.

It's not about Time's credibility in this case, it's about Time's reach. Every waiting room and newsstand in America is gonna have Palmer Luckey fluttering on a badly photoshopped beach background.

daydream

Banned
that cover really doesn't make any sense, at all, unless they're secretly harbouring denunciatory intentions

'intern' is my second guess

He doesn't like that apprently.

CLvqXZqWwAE0s4a.png:large

Also, wow at that paragraph.

Yeah that's pretty terrible, but I'm less concerned about the actual text of the story because not a ton of people actually read the articles. The cover is what could really kill their chances of catching on with the mainstream.

maybe they were doing the photoshoot and were like "okey palmer look happy. look joyful. give me joy."

and this was the only thing he did. every time they asked for joy he just leapt up in this pose. so they had to run with it.

It's not about Time's credibility in this case, it's about Time's reach. Every waiting room and newsstand in America is gonna have Palmer Luckey fluttering on a badly photoshopped beach background.

What i was getting at is that Time is neither kingmaker or harbinger of doom. And most folks spend their time on their phones these days, rare is the person i've seen in a waiting room flipping through a magazine in 2015

is it sucky? I dunno, i look at that and chuckle but i also read what it's talking about and find myself interested in the article inside. Chances are that the people who would look at it and think that VR is BS aren't people who were going to be receptive to it in the first place

FStop7

Banned
Jeff hit the nail on the head.

The TIME article is a straight up hit piece, for reasons unknown.

How Oculus and Facebook PR let this happen is absolutely inexcusable, people need to lose their jobs.

Jeff hit the nail on the head.

The TIME article is a straight up hit piece, for reasons unknown.

How Oculus and Facebook PR let this happen is absolutely inexcusable, people need to lose their jobs.

Wait, really? What is the tone of the article?

Regardless, I reeeeally don't think a negative article with a silly cover is going to matter at this stage. I think Jeff is really overestimating how much the opinion of Time readers matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom